Page 28 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 748

Thread: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

  1. #271
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The hypocrisy of course is that if your idea was used against a Christian church you would be foaming out the mouth and claiming how Un-American it would be.

    Your un-American ideas will of course be shot down which is a good thing.
    You and others attacked me because my ideas were "unconstitutional". Now, eminent domain which is clearly legal (Fifth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution) is being discussed and you're, the one thats foaming out of the mouth...lol

    Now, who is the hypocrite?

  2. #272
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    No, I'm talking about eminent domain
    Which in itself is wrong. You do realize you are calling for something extremely unconstitutional no?

    Using eminent domain to single out a single religion to deny them use of private land they own purely on the grounds of dislike of that religion is a blatant violation of the 1st amendment.

    Go live in Saudi Arabia. You hold nothing that resembles American Ideals.

    You and others attacked me because my ideas were "unconstitutional". Now, eminent domain which is clearly legal (Fifth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution) is being discussed and you're, the one thats foaming out of the mouth...lol

    Now, who is the hypocrite?
    You.

    Read the first amendment. And then without lying through your teeth tell me how using ED to take land away from a religious group purely because we don't like them does not violate the bill of rights.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 07-24-10 at 10:23 PM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Come back when you have something other then viral hatred based upon nothing but your own inherent fears.
    Call me when you can explain the reasoning behind holding the ground breaking ceremony on the day of 9-11.

    Call me when you can name any of the five major schools of Islamic Fiqh which does not call for capital and/or corporal punishment for adultery, sodomy, premarital sex, and/or apostasy.

    FYI you won't be able to because all mainstream Islamic sects call for capital and/or corporal punishments for those respective non-crimes. Now you might say "not all Muslims are violent" bla bla bla, but I never said all Muslims were violent to begin with, all Muslims not being violent says absolutely nothing about mainstream Islam itself which is inherently violent and oppressive, the argument of you people is like bringing up a pro-choice Catholic to try to say that the Catholic Church doesn't prohibit abortion.

    Now like the ACLU did for Nazi's I will support this groups inalienable rights, however, what I will not do (and what you have done making you the enemy of liberty and not its defender) is to defend the group and the ideology itself. Now run along I'm sure you have a stoning of a rape victim to defend somewhere.

  4. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    It could be because Muslims have also suffered from terrorist attacks, and not only on 9/11. Mainstream Muslims, whom Al Qaeda considers un-Islamic, are the primary target of Muslim extremists throughout the world. They're considered a worse enemy than Americans.
    A) Mainstream Islam = capital and/or corporal punishment for apostasy, homosexuality, adultery, and pre-marital sex.

    B) If you honestly believe that then I feel sorry for you. The main proponent of this plan says that the U.S. brought 9-11 upon itself. The intent is clear it is incitement plain and simple. Do they have the right to have this Mosque? Yes. Do they have a right to hold the ground breaking on 9-11 in a clear intention to incite? Again yes. But I have every right in the world to say **** YOU, **** your celestial dicator, **** your oppressive political ideology masquerading as a religion, and **** anybody who supports you and your group.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 07-24-10 at 11:45 PM.

  5. #275
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Call me when you can explain the reasoning behind holding the ground breaking ceremony on the day of 9-11
    All of which is irrelevant to their legal rights as property owners who have passed zoning law.

    You don't like Islam. That's pretty obvious, but unlike other places, namely Islamic ones, we have a thing called the Constitution.

    Your whole argument is nothing more then emotional reasons why you don't like Islam. But in the context of legal property laws, your argument means absolutely nothing.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #276
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,410

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    All of which is irrelevant to their legal rights as property owners who have passed zoning law.

    You don't like Islam. That's pretty obvious, but unlike other places, namely Islamic ones, we have a thing called the Constitution.

    Your whole argument is nothing more then emotional reasons why you don't like Islam. But in the context of legal property laws, your argument means absolutely nothing.


    I have no problem with islam, Laila I consider a good DP friend for example, I think she would agree groundbreaking on 911 is a big FU to those like me who lost family and friends in the 911 attacks.


    that said, is it confirmed this is thier plan?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    All of which is irrelevant to their legal rights as property owners who have passed zoning law.
    Learn to ****ing read, I said they have the right to their Mosque.

    You don't like Islam.
    Anyone opposed to oppression wouldn't.

    That's pretty obvious, but unlike other places, namely Islamic ones, we have a thing called the Constitution.
    A) The social contract was not entered into voluntarily and is thus null and void.

    B) I already said they can do what they want with their property.

    Your whole argument is nothing more then emotional reasons why you don't like Islam. But in the context of legal property laws, your argument means absolutely nothing.
    I already said that they have every right to their Mosque, what I made clear though is that there is a difference between defending the rights of this group and defending the group itself, it seems you are engaging in the latter which would make you an enemy of liberty and not its defender.

  8. #278
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    This sounds like "every black is a potential criminal," or "every priest is a potential molestor," or "every man is a potential rapist," and so on.

    I'll correct your statement: Every human is a potential terrorist.



    Muslims -- the new niggers!
    This is why I have such an issue with the Muslim faith and the way our media, politicians and seemingly, most people are portraying it. The fundamentalist, "kill the infidel" types are called radical, islamo-fascists and we say they are not true Muslims. The moderates we want to deal with are the true Muslims. No!!! Sorry, wrong ****ing answer. The radicals are the ones who are TRUE to their faith and that is why we will NEVER have peace with Islam. We will be at war with any Muslim who TRULY believes that the Koran is the word from Allah and Mohammed is his prophet.

  9. #279
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    All of which is irrelevant to their legal rights as property owners who have passed zoning law.

    You don't like Islam. That's pretty obvious, but unlike other places, namely Islamic ones, we have a thing called the Constitution.

    Your whole argument is nothing more then emotional reasons why you don't like Islam. But in the context of legal property laws, your argument means absolutely nothing.
    If you're going to pretend to respond, respond to ALL of his points. Cherry picking is just pathetic.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #280
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I have no problem with islam, Laila I consider a good DP friend for example, I think she would agree groundbreaking on 911 is a big FU to those like me who lost family and friends in the 911 attacks.
    that said, is it confirmed this is thier plan?
    Heh, you are my favourite too =)

    I think it is wrong and insensitive to do it, it should be those who planned to build it that ought to halt their project and choose another location with perhaps the help of the State officials.

    What I have a problem with right now is those who are using this issue to paint broad brushes against all Muslim. You can see them in this thread
    Last edited by Laila; 07-25-10 at 01:31 AM.


Page 28 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •