Page 22 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 748

Thread: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

  1. #211
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    The Mosque is guaranteed to be built because we don't unevenly apply property laws. And if the legal owners of ground zero wanted to build a parking lot that is their right as legal owners of the land.

    It's hilarious how some people on this thread say they are conservative, but whole hardly abandon the ideas of private personal property and what the state to ignore such property laws and prevent the legal owners of the land from building a legal building.

    Heaven forbid enforcing private property laws and letting people do what they want with their own property. No! The state should totally come in and say "No you can't build that despite meeting all of the legal requirements to do so!"

    Hypocrites. Every. Last. One. Of. Them.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    The Mosque is guaranteed to be built because we don't unevenly apply property laws. And if the legal owners of ground zero wanted to build a parking lot that is their right as legal owners of the land.

    It's hilarious how some people on this thread say they are conservative, but whole hardly abandon the ideas of private personal property and what the state to ignore such property laws and prevent the legal owners of the land from building a legal building.

    Heaven forbid enforcing private property laws and letting people do what they want with their own property. No! The state should totally come in and say "No you can't build that despite meeting all of the legal requirements to do so!"

    Hypocrites. Every. Last. One. Of. Them.

    Yes it is their right, but it is our right to protest these POS's and their violent and oppressive ideology. They decided to hold the groundbreaking on 9-11 with the clear intent to incite, those who defend their right to the Mosque I have no problem with, those who move beyond that and start defending the group or mainstream Islamic dogma which is completely antithetical to a liberal free society can GFTS's.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 07-23-10 at 09:18 AM.

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Just because a scholar says something does not mean every Muslim is obligated to follow it.
    Ya Muslims aren't obligated to follow Islamic law.

    Nothing makes them right and another wrong.
    How many times do I have to go over the same simple point.
    My Imam does not and never will preach for sharia, stonings, apostates or Non Muslims deaths (Hell he did not condemn my relationship with my Christian partner when I introduced them). That is why I love my Imam
    What does he do to change the Ijma of the Ulama in the four schools of Islamic Fiqh in the Sunni branch of Islam? Anything? Or is he silently obsequent?

  4. #214
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,878

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So it's all about pay back for you eh? Let's see, we did horrible things to the American Indian, so we deserved 9/11 is that right?

    I know one other individual that believes that too.....His name? Ward Churchill.


    j-mac
    No j-mac. You're making a huge stretch when you suggest "pay back". I was simply pointing out that the World Trade Center's ground zero needs to be clearly defined. The proposed mosque building is going to be built two blocks away. How far away would it have to be before you would consent to the construction? The Indian burial ground example was only used because only the Indians knew where the boundaries were. We built over the top of these unmarked sites without even knowing that they were there.

    It would seem that folks that want to wall off our country's border could grasp at what I'm trying to say here.
    Last edited by d0gbreath; 07-23-10 at 10:13 AM.

  5. #215
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    My Imam does not and never will preach for sharia, stonings, apostates or Non Muslims deaths (Hell he did not condemn my relationship with my Christian partner when I introduced them). That is why I love my Imam
    Thats BS and you know it

    There is a fatal flaw that kills your argument. Namely that Imams consider themselves Muslims before any type of citizenry. Ask them. Then ask them where he got his guidance. Then he will all start posting quotes calling Islam to rule the world.

    And that will be the end of the discussion.
    Last edited by ric27; 07-23-10 at 12:43 PM.

  6. #216
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Corrected. A real conservative would understand private property laws and support the construction of a legal building by its legal owners on their legally owned private land.

    What we have here is a bunch of posers who only believe in such rights when it fits to their beliefs.
    I understand its hard for you to fully grasp this but the property rights are not the only concern. The source of the funds and the statements from the imam also come into play.

    Being a conservative does not mean you are a walking zombie. Its clear you have no grasp of the obvious which is itself ironic.
    Last edited by texmaster; 07-23-10 at 12:53 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #217
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Ya Muslims aren't obligated to follow Islamic law.

    What does he do to change the Ijma of the Ulama in the four schools of Islamic Fiqh in the Sunni branch of Islam? Anything? Or is he silently obsequent?
    You just won't give it and admit you are wrong will you?
    Now I have fully explained it to you that my Imam is perfect you skip onto another argument


  8. #218
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Namely that Imams consider themselves Muslims before any type of citizenry.
    Asked every Imam have you? No?
    Then shh.


  9. #219
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    01-17-15 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    629

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    I just wanted to post some clarification. It seems from the media that the mosque will be built in the ground zero complex but its going to be built outside it and nearby. Cordoba House - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. I think its better that its not going to be a part of the ground zero complex, because anyone can build anything nearby. I am opposed to building the mosque, I don't think it's a good idea. The media makes it seem like the mosque will be a part of the official complex, but since its not, people can deal with the fact that its just some private group trying to make their statement.

    I also don't think this mosque will be used to speak out against Muslim extremism, if it was, they should add some large memorial or tribute and make it about that. But I think it will probably just turn into another mosque used to promote the movement.

  10. #220
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    I commemorate all you Christian conservatives on being so Christ like to the whole Islamic religion. It must really suck to be you guys, fearful that every brown person may have an explosive strapped to him. Must be a stressful way to live!

    Like I said though this argument between Muslims and Christians is basically "My imaginary friend has a bigger penis than your imaginary friend"

Page 22 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •