Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 748

Thread: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

  1. #171
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, you assume far too much Guy. I stated fact, that is all. People in here seem to think that just because you buy a piece of land you can do whatever you want with it, that simply isn't true.

    And, although politicians in an overwhelmingly blue of the bluest order type city have a corrupt nature, and let their touchy, felly nature, in wanting everyone to like us regardless of what they stand for is beside the point. You make a large error here in your totally disingenuous manner, trying to say that I support this abomination.

    I don't!


    j-mac
    There exists no logical reason to try to stop it from being built though, not in this country.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #172
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    There exists no logical reason to try to stop it from being built though, not in this country.

    I disagree. how about the people don't want it there! Don't they have any say?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #173
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I disagree. how about the people don't want it there! Don't they have any say?


    j-mac
    no, because they don't own the property. I spoke with a Muslim man from Turkey last night and it was a very eye opening experience. He assured me that most Muslims hate those nuts who go around killing people as much as we do.

    We see a person on TV preaching to kids that the Earth is 6,000 years old. We just say "oh it's one of those fundamentalist Christians, what a bunch of lunatics!"

    We see on the news a man killed 10 people with a car bomb in Iraq. We say "Damn Muslims, they are all out to kill us and our way of life!"

    Fundamentalist Muslims are the ones killing people, this group doesn't represent Islam but some of you fail to realize that.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I disagree. how about the people don't want it there! Don't they have any say?
    No, they don't have a say. You don't get to discriminate just because you hate Muslims. It's funny how intolerant some so called Christians are. Not very Christian in the least.

  5. #175
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, they don't have a say. You don't get to discriminate just because you hate Muslims. It's funny how intolerant some so called Christians are. Not very Christian in the least.
    that's what happens when you think your invisible man is the real invisible man and the other invisible man is just an invisible phony!

  6. #176
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,754

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    I know nothing about this situation, but on the face of it, I see no valid reason for stopping such a thing.

    Depending on multiple things, such as:

    Past actions/statements of persons involved, and their explanations for such, if necessary.

    Current actions/statements of persons involved.

    If a case for potential terrorist support/sympathy by the persons involved could be made (someone will make it anyway, but I mean an actual case), then I could see a possible reason to prevent construction.

    But by no means on the basis of the location and type/proposed purpose of building. Edit: If it fits within the current zoning laws, of course...

    And even then, I probably wouldn’t always agree with zoning decisions, if the reasons are poor.
    Last edited by The Mark; 07-21-10 at 07:31 PM.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #177
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Sorry, you are wrong too. Zoning laws and commissions do exist, and they have the final say on what can be built where.


    j-mac
    Thanks for being super uninformed as usual. They passed the zoning laws (RTFT). There's nothing right now other then public displeasure stopping them from building.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #178
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I disagree. how about the people don't want it there! Don't they have any say?


    j-mac
    If this was Communist Russia sure. But it's not. They passed the zoning laws (You really should have read that before as you've gotten dinged at least three times so far on that). They own the land. We have private property laws. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean we don't evenly apply our property laws.

    In America, as you appear to be uninformed, there are even application of private property laws and freedom of religion. What you are arguing for is suspension of both to stop this mosque. Very, very, very UN-American.

    And he said LOGICAL. You not liking it is not a logical reason to stop.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 07-22-10 at 02:43 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #179
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    no, because they don't own the property. I spoke with a Muslim man from Turkey last night and it was a very eye opening experience. He assured me that most Muslims hate those nuts who go around killing people as much as we do.

    We see a person on TV preaching to kids that the Earth is 6,000 years old. We just say "oh it's one of those fundamentalist Christians, what a bunch of lunatics!"

    We see on the news a man killed 10 people with a car bomb in Iraq. We say "Damn Muslims, they are all out to kill us and our way of life!"

    Fundamentalist Muslims are the ones killing people, this group doesn't represent Islam but some of you fail to realize that.

    Ok, do you support the building of the mosque?


    Do you support the man behind this project, and agree with his pleas to bring a more Shria compliant America into being?

    We are at war with these Radicals that cheer attacking America on its own soil, killing innocent men, women, and children indiscriminately in the name of Allah, and would at this moment like to place monuments edifying their success in attacking the enemy, (us) by thumbing us in the eye in the building of a mosque 1 block from WTC 1.

    Is there no limit to just how far a liberal will bend over in order to please, and befriend this nations enemies?

    It's sick IMHO.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #180
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, they don't have a say. You don't get to discriminate just because you hate Muslims. It's funny how intolerant some so called Christians are. Not very Christian in the least.
    Who says anything about me discriminating? I live in beautiful South Carolina, not NYC. I don't hold any position of power, other than my vote.

    You want the real intolerance displayed every day here my friend? Take a look at past threads and how anything conservative is immediately, attacked, ridiculed, mocked, and laughed at by liberals here in the most childish of manner, especially Christianity! Then talk about tolerance there pal.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •