Page 17 of 75 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 748

Thread: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

  1. #161
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Zoning laws???
    Do you think Maine is right to create zoning laws specifically to prohibit big box stores?
    How about zoning laws to prohibit Mexican families over the size of 5?

    They bought the land and they met the zoning laws. It is their right to build what they please as it conforms to the laws. We may not agree with it, but this isn't Saudi Arabia or Iran. Nor it is Communist Russia. We have freedom of religion and private property laws.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #162
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,317

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Not FAIL considering most were Deists.




    No, it was founded by Deists for the most part with values that most religions share. Also, with a divorce rate of 50%, how many of those are actually ACTING like Christians?

    Ultimate FAIL on your part.

    If you want a theocracy, go to Iran

    Wrong! The so called "Deists" tag was promoted by atheists that will not accept that they live in a Christian nation. Very intolerant people these atheists....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #163
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,317

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Do you think Maine is right to create zoning laws specifically to prohibit big box stores?
    How about zoning laws to prohibit Mexican families over the size of 5?

    They bought the land and they met the zoning laws. It is their right to build what they please as it conforms to the laws. We may not agree with it, but this isn't Saudi Arabia or Iran. Nor it is Communist Russia. We have freedom of religion and private property laws.

    Sorry, you are wrong too. Zoning laws and commissions do exist, and they have the final say on what can be built where.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wrong! The so called "Deists" tag was promoted by atheists that will not accept that they live in a Christian nation. Very intolerant people these atheists....


    j-mac
    Lol so now it's a big atheist conspiracy that the founding fathers were deists?

    Sorry the truth hurts you and your agenda soo much but yes, most of the founding fathers were deists.

    We do not live in a theocracy either, but I guess to you that is just a big atheist conspiracy too.

  5. #165
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Sorry, you are wrong too. Zoning laws and commissions do exist, and they have the final say on what can be built where.
    Glad to hear how much you support the final say of zoning laws and commissions. jmac. Considering that the mosque in question violates no zoning laws and was approved by the commission, the only logical conclusion is that you support the building of this mosque. QED

  6. #166
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,317

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Glad to hear how much you support the final say of zoning laws and commissions. jmac. Considering that the mosque in question violates no zoning laws and was approved by the commission, the only logical conclusion is that you support the building of this mosque. QED

    Well, you assume far too much Guy. I stated fact, that is all. People in here seem to think that just because you buy a piece of land you can do whatever you want with it, that simply isn't true.

    And, although politicians in an overwhelmingly blue of the bluest order type city have a corrupt nature, and let their touchy, felly nature, in wanting everyone to like us regardless of what they stand for is beside the point. You make a large error here in your totally disingenuous manner, trying to say that I support this abomination.

    I don't!


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #167
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, you assume far too much Guy. I stated fact, that is all. People in here seem to think that just because you buy a piece of land you can do whatever you want with it, that simply isn't true.

    And, although politicians in an overwhelmingly blue of the bluest order type city have a corrupt nature, and let their touchy, felly nature, in wanting everyone to like us regardless of what they stand for is beside the point. You make a large error here in your totally disingenuous manner, trying to say that I support this abomination.

    I don't!
    The only thing disingenuous in our exchange so far is your application of your own logic. I did not say that you support the mosque, just that based on what you said in that previous post your support for the mosque is what you are logically committed to. Far be it from me to accuse you of actually applying your own logic to facts. I would never falsely accuse somebody of behaving so rationally.

    You said: "Zoning laws and commissions do exist, and they have the final say on what can be built where." Well, the zoning laws aren't being violated and the commission had their say, and their say was to approve the mosque. According to you, yourself, j-mac, that commission's say is final. On what basis do you oppose the mosque then, when, by your own logic, you have no basis to oppose it?
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 07-21-10 at 11:58 AM.

  8. #168
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Turning the other cheek for what? Are these Muslims the ones that blew up the trade center? What exactly are we turning the other cheek for allowing these AMERICAN Muslims to build a religious building like the Christians and other religions do?
    USA Today has commentary on how there is a question of where the money to build the mosque is coming from. Apparently, (unconfirmed), the Iamn (sic) will not reveal his sources. Some beleive it is coming from the same people who finaced Al Queda.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  9. #169
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    There were also Muslims that died in the trade center on 9/11. I guess you don't think they matter much do you? I guess they don't deserve anything because they were filthy Muslims in the eyes of some on this board.

    How pathetic that some feel so self-centered to declare ground zero sacred and feel the need to take away from Muslims that died as well.
    Really, in your eyes Ground Zero is not sacred ground. Wow. Hey if we want to honor the "INNOCENT" Muslims that died as a result of Muslim Extremist, then give them a plaque and state specifically on the plaque it is for them, not the whole nation of Islam.

    Muslims intolerance to hate and the acts of the fundamentalist Muslims can be a reason that these acts of violence began and continue. Don't forget the pictures of the Palestinian (sic) in a Pittsburgh Steeler shirt dance in the street on 9-11, and during other acts of terrorism Terror in the USA - The Palestinians Celebrate! and, no they were not faked snopes.com: Palestinians Dancing in the Street

    Indiffence to radicalism is just as bad as tolerance. Many of the Jewish faith do not excuse forgive non-Nazi Germans, in WW II, who knew of the Holacaust and did nothing. I feel the same way towards Muslims that were indifferent to radicalism that lead to the action of Al Queda.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Really, in your eyes Ground Zero is not sacred ground. Wow. Hey if we want to honor the "INNOCENT" Muslims that died as a result of Muslim Extremist, then give them a plaque and state specifically on the plaque it is for them, not the whole nation of Islam.
    Or they can do what they are planning and build the Mosque. But seeing as how you are anti-Muslim, you would rather trash the constitution and discriminate solely against Muslims. How very intolerant of you.

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Muslims intolerance to hate and the acts of the fundamentalist Muslims can be a reason that these acts of violence began and continue. Don't forget the pictures of the Palestinian (sic) in a Pittsburgh Steeler shirt dance in the street on 9-11, and during other acts of terrorism Terror in the USA - The Palestinians Celebrate! and, no they were not faked snopes.com: Palestinians Dancing in the Street
    This Mosque is not being built by Palestinians last I checked, it was being built by Americans. So what does Palestinians have to do with American Muslims?

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Indiffence to radicalism is just as bad as tolerance. Many of the Jewish faith do not excuse forgive non-Nazi Germans, in WW II, who knew of the Holacaust and did nothing. I feel the same way towards Muslims that were indifferent to radicalism that lead to the action of Al Queda.
    So you blame American Muslims for 9/11 and Al-Qaeda? Wow what a stretch.

Page 17 of 75 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •