Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 748

Thread: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

  1. #91
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    lol...Thats it. Show your TRUE inner feelings. Show your true side
    WTS common sense

    Read my post genius.
    If you are going to hold me responsible for 9/11.
    When A. I was still a kid.
    And B. I didn't steer the planes into the towers

    I can similarly use that same "logic" to hold every single American responsible for deaths caused by other Americans.
    Last edited by Laila; 07-20-10 at 07:53 PM.


  2. #92
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    What are you advocating here, turning the other cheek?
    Turning the other cheek is a good way to get slapped again.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  3. #93
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    A mosque would be a fitting tribute to the people who died that day, and it could be beautiful display of solidarity and unity if people would just let it.
    LOL Wow are you out of touch.

    It's appalling how much hate this is stirring up, talk about "showing your true side," and the people who oppose the mosque are merely exposing their intolerance and xenophobia. What's truly scary is how many people feel that way.
    Yes it about his hate, not yours.

    Sounds right to me. What would Jesus do? He'd build a mosque on ground zero, that's what.
    Yes. Always assume you would know what Jesus would do. LOL
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #94
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Nobody I know or have read is opposing the Mosque.... they are opposing the location of the Mosque, same as the people that want to build the Mosque would oppose a Catholic church in Mecca.

    Nice try for a strawman....
    It's New York City, USA, not Mecca, Saudi Arabia. The Saudis have their own issues with religious tolerance, but last I checked two wrongs don't make a right.

    And furthermore the people opposing "the mosque" are opposing the mosque on ground zeo, y'know, the one this whole thread is about. Those are the people I'm talking about.

    I don't think you really understand what a straw man fallacy is. It's what you just did to me.

  5. #95
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    LOL Wow are you out of touch.
    Out of touch with Tea Party racism. Gladly.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Yes. Always assume you would know what Jesus would do. LOL
    I don't have to assume, He told me Himself:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus
    Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    Blessed are those who mourn,
    for they will be comforted.
    Blessed are the meek,
    for they will inherit the earth.
    Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    for they will be filled.
    Blessed are the merciful,
    for they will be shown mercy.
    Blessed are the pure in heart,
    for they will see God.
    Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called sons of God.
    Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
    Always amazes me when people do complex mental gymnastics to avoid the plain meaning of the words of Jesus. It's tough living the life Jesus expected of you, but it's not hard to understand what He wanted.

  6. #96
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    It's New York City, USA, not Mecca, Saudi Arabia. The Saudis have their own issues with religious tolerance, but last I checked two wrongs don't make a right.

    And furthermore the people opposing "the mosque" are opposing the mosque on ground zeo, y'know, the one this whole thread is about. Those are the people I'm talking about.

    I don't think you really understand what a straw man fallacy is. It's what you just did to me.
    I call bull**** to the nth degree. You simply can't declare a bunch of barbaric practices a religion and allow that horse**** behavior to spread for to do so is to deny the very tenants that our society is based upon

  7. #97
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    It's New York City, USA, not Mecca, Saudi Arabia. The Saudis have their own issues with religious tolerance, but last I checked two wrongs don't make a right.
    One wrong doesn't make a right either, and building a trophy Mosque on Ground Zero is wrong.

    And furthermore the people opposing "the mosque" are opposing the mosque on ground zeo, y'know, the one this whole thread is about. Those are the people I'm talking about.
    Duhhhhhhhhhh.......

    I don't think you really understand what a straw man fallacy is. It's what you just did to me.
    Wrong again... I used an example..... do I have to link the definition or do you know what that is?
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  8. #98
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    WTS common sense

    Read my post genius.
    If you are going to hold me responsible for 9/11.
    When A. I was still a kid.
    And B. I didn't steer the planes into the towers

    I can similarly use that same "logic" to hold every single American responsible for deaths caused by other Americans.
    Don't you understand that it is not ****ing possible to be both a Muslim and a British or American as these systems are incompatible at a philosophical level.

  9. #99
    Student The Dane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-10 @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    253

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    I call bull**** to the nth degree. You simply can't declare a bunch of barbaric practices a religion and allow that horse**** behavior to spread for to do so is to deny the very tenants that our society is based upon
    It amazes me that people think everyone else's religions is "a bunch of barbaric practices" but fail to see that so is their's. You try to act like your religion isn't just as insane. Believing that 2000 year old jewish carpenterr died for you sins and it was planned by a giant bearded all knowing "MAN" who lives in the sky.
    Ever have to dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
    Scales in the grass but the scales don't move right?

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Landmark commission hearing may determine future of ground zero mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    No way. Islam is illegal and immoral to our societal mores.
    Illegal? Yeah right, now you show your extreme ignorance.

Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •