Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 279

Thread: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    If you want to compare Christian to Muslim, compare past to past, present to present.

    Keep showing you ignorance. It will only get worse
    This is where your ignorance is showing. It doesn't work that way and it isn't simply a Christianity vs Muslim comparison. You also have to take a look at the countries where violence is occurring in. These are mainly dictatorships and theocracies.

    My point, which is valid in past and present is that the problem is with dictatorships, tyrannies, and theocracy hijacking a religion (Christianity in the past and Islam now) and not the religion itself.

    When you grow out of your ignorance, let us know.

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    But do they protest against voilent Muslims and Muslims that preach voilence?
    You don't have to voicefully protest in public to be against violence.

    Prove that you are not violent. Where are you protesting in public for all to see? An internet chat board anon don't count either bucko. I'll await evidence that you are not a terrorist. That is about as stupid as you demanding what you are.

  3. #183
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    The act of not participating in violence is a demonstration against violence.
    Its called apathy. Hardly a support of your claim.

    Generally people don't rally in support of that status-quo. They rally when something needs attention. A billion or so Muslims don't participate in violence in the name of their religion while tens of thousand radicals do. The tens of thousands are the one's that rally to gain support.
    You couldn't be more off in your theory.

    Disbelief was strong among Muslims that Arabs were behind the Sept. 11 attacks, with 65 percent in Indonesia and 59 percent in Turkey, for example, expressing that viewpoint. Even in Britain, 56 percent of the Muslims surveyed did not believe that Arabs carried out the attacks. The results, Mr. Kohut said, show that "many Muslims are still in denial" about something that even Osama bin Laden has acknowledged.


    NY Times poll: Muslims still in denial about 9/11**** : Islam /Muslim dlm Gambar Dan Berita Internasional

    If they can't even believe who was actually behind 9.11 where are you getting your evidence that they are against voilence against non Muslims?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #184
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Granted we could probably go back to the 18th century. The last major Christian based violence was the Witch hunts (women "proven" to be posssed by the devil) and Inquisition (blasphemy against the church).
    2 separate events separated by hundreds of years.

    We can also get into the "Holy Roman Empire" approved wars between the European countries for a the 1400-1700s and the internal religious civil war of Europe during Queen Elizabeth I's rule.
    Again, hundreds of years ago. That doesn't come close to Muslim voilence today.

    What do you need me to prove? That majority of Christians live in US and Europe, that US/Europe governments over the past century or two are now based on democratic/republic ideals instead of theocracy, or that there is still violence in the ME under Theocratic and anarchy rule?

    I want you to prove your statement:

    The only difference between Christianity and Islam is the number of followers willing to use the religion for power and manipulation

    Where is your evidence? You are equating the text and practices between the two religions. Something I've already proven to be completely false so I ask again, where is your evidence?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    If they can't even believe who was actually behind 9.11 where are you getting your evidence that they are against voilence against non Muslims?
    Where is your proof that almost a Billion Muslims are FOR violence against non-Muslims. It is not up to someone to prove a negative (prove they are non-violent), it is up to you to prove what you claim (that the majority of a billion muslims are for violence against non-muslims).

    Will be waiting for you to show statements from over 500,000,000 Muslims that they are for violence. Good luck.

  6. #186
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You don't have to voicefully protest in public to be against violence.
    LOL What? Then how is anyone supposed to know where you stand? Talk about a cop out. You can't prove your own assertion and your only answer is to pretend people can be against voilence and not say they are?

    Prove that you are not violent. Where are you protesting in public for all to see? An internet chat board anon don't count either bucko. I'll await evidence that you are not a terrorist. That is about as stupid as you demanding what you are.
    hahaha This isn't about personal people. Its about religion as a whole. Look at all the Christians who are attacking the "God hates fags" morons. Look at the Christian groups that openly condemn over and over again voilence against abortion doctors.

    You can't prove your bull**** theory that the majority of Muslims are against voilence towards non believers AT ALL.

    Until you do you will remain in the world of theory and flase claims.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #187
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Its called apathy. Hardly a support of your claim.

    You couldn't be more off in your theory.

    Disbelief was strong among Muslims that Arabs were behind the Sept. 11 attacks, with 65 percent in Indonesia and 59 percent in Turkey, for example, expressing that viewpoint. Even in Britain, 56 percent of the Muslims surveyed did not believe that Arabs carried out the attacks. The results, Mr. Kohut said, show that "many Muslims are still in denial" about something that even Osama bin Laden has acknowledged.


    NY Times poll: Muslims still in denial about 9/11**** : Islam /Muslim dlm Gambar Dan Berita Internasional

    If they can't even believe who was actually behind 9.11 where are you getting your evidence that they are against voilence against non Muslims?
    How does a four year old poll of 14,000 Muslims not believing that Arabs have committed a violent act like the one on 9/11 support your claim that all Muslims support violence?
    Last edited by Gibberish; 07-14-10 at 02:56 PM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  8. #188
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Where is your proof that almost a Billion Muslims are FOR violence against non-Muslims. It is not up to someone to prove a negative (prove they are non-violent), it is up to you to prove what you claim (that the majority of a billion muslims are for violence against non-muslims).
    You are the one claiming the two religions are equal. It is up to you to prove your claim.

    Will be waiting for you to show statements from over 500,000,000 Muslims that they are for violence. Good luck.
    I'm not the one who made the dumbass claim the religions are equal. You are.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #189
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    How does a four year old poll of 14,000 Muslims not believing that Arabs have committed a violent act like that one on 9/11 supports your claim that Muslims are overly violent?
    Please read more carefully. My argument is challenging you to prove your claim that a majority of Muslims are against voilence towards non believers.

    Still waiting for you to support equalizing the two religions in terms of violence and violence teachings in their texts.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #190
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    2 separate events separated by hundreds of years.

    Again, hundreds of years ago. That doesn't come close to Muslim voilence today.
    I don't think you are comprehending the comparisions. I am stating that we can equate where Christians were hundreds of years ago to where Islam is today. Christianity, when it was closely tied to politics, was a driving excuse for wars and violence. It wasn't until religion was seperated from government did violence lessen.

    The Middle-east still have this close tie between Regligion and Government so religion is easily exploited for political gain. As a leader you are more likely to gain support saying "beacuse it is God's will" to perform actions then to say "Because I want more power and wealth".

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I want you to prove your statement:

    The only difference between Christianity and Islam is the number of followers willing to use the religion for power and manipulation

    Where is your evidence? You are equating the text and practices between the two religions. Something I've already proven to be completely false so I ask again, where is your evidence?
    The problem with your comparison is that you are comparing Christianity today to Islam today. I am not debating the fact of today's differences. I am explaining WHY there are differences and HOW Islam can evolve to be how Christianity is today. The core message is to remove religion from politics.

    The evidence is in the history of evolution of society. Christianity was used as an excuse for violence when it was tied to politics. Christianity is no longer tied to politics in a major sense so that excuse for violence is no longer valid. Islam however is still tied to politics in the ME and hence it is still used as an excuse for violence.

    A Christian example is Pat Robertson and Phelps Family. They still use Christian text to support violence in the name of religion. Both make millions of dollars per year thanks to their deep "faith" in religion. Luckily though these types of Radicals are few and far between in terms of Christianity.
    Last edited by Gibberish; 07-14-10 at 03:15 PM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •