Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 279

Thread: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Actually it doesn't prove anything. I've seen that blog before. It takes stories of voilence in the Bible and equates that with actual directives in the Qur'an. The two relgiions could not be more different.

    If you were right we wouldn't have Muslim Imams still preaching voilence and quoting the Qur'an to justify it. How many violent Christian ministers are quoting the Bible to justify their voilence?

    Its beyond a laughable comparison.
    The bible has been around for over a thousand years and MANY have used its quote for violence even AFTER the New Testament came out and they used quotes to justify it.

    Again, proving that it isn't the religion, it is the people. Sorry, but YOU are wrong. There are millions of peaceful Muslims out there. If the religion was soo bad, they ALL would be be doing bad things.

    Your utter hatred for Muslims is quite clear and your ignorance on Islam astounding.

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    And once again, you step off the deep end and drown in your ignorance. You are off by 180 degrees and this is why Islam is a danger to everyone who is not a Muslim. Now and probably forever.

    What do you have in Islam? You have the Koran. And the Koran commands Muslims to convert the world to Islam. Peaceably when the can, but by force if necessary. Jihad is one of the 5 pillars of faith. If you are born to a Muslim family, you are Muslim whether you choose it or not and if you do profess another faith, the Koran commands that you be killed. Period. Christianity in contrast, demands an individual declaration of faith. Simply being the son or daughter of a Christian doesn't make you one. You need to choose that freely yourself. Other religions may not like you walking away, but they aren't going to kill you for it.

    Why don't you try reading the New Testament and then judge Christianity
    I have read both and you are quite ignorant on the subject. Read the Koran in verse and context as a whole, not in parts. The same is done iwth the bible. If you were honest, you would know this, but you are not, so your comments are discarded like garbage. Your hatred of Muslims is also noted. Maybe you should look into the Klan, they share many of your views.

  3. #173
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Actually it doesn't prove anything. I've seen that blog before. It takes stories of voilence in the Bible and equates that with actual directives in the Qur'an. The two relgiions could not be more different.

    If you were right we wouldn't have Muslim Imams still preaching voilence and quoting the Qur'an to justify it. How many violent Christian ministers are quoting the Bible to justify their voilence?

    Its beyond a laughable comparison.


    And since the site has already been proven to completely fabricate quotes, I wouldn't go by it as a factual resource.
    Christian priests/pastors were preaching violence on behalf of the bible for hundreds of years. It's only in the past century that this has lessened.

    The only difference between Christianity and Islam is the number of followers willing to use the religion for power and manipulation. The majority of Christians live in societies that have recently advanced in terms of civility, logic & reason. These changes are thanks to sociological viosionaries and have little to do with religion itself. The majority of Muslim nations are still overwhelmed by anarachy and dictatorial rule and live in fear of death and prosecution. This won't change until a civil war ensues in the ME by the people and not an outside country, similiar to what the US did twice (Revolution and US Civil War).
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  4. #174
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The bible has been around for over a thousand years and MANY have used its quote for violence even AFTER the New Testament came out and they used quotes to justify it.

    Again, proving that it isn't the religion, it is the people. Sorry, but YOU are wrong. There are millions of peaceful Muslims out there. If the religion was soo bad, they ALL would be be doing bad things.

    Your utter hatred for Muslims is quite clear and your ignorance on Islam astounding.
    Your ignorance and lack of cirtical thinking is truely amazing. You suppported a link that has proven fabricated quotes from the Bible. It was sad but typical of you.

    Its very interesting how you put it that way. You claim there are millions of peacful Mulims out there. To that I don't deny at all. Its easy to be "peaceful" when you outlaw other religions and supress women based on your own religion. But do they protest against voilent Muslims and Muslims that preach voilence?

    Where are the demostrations against voilence in the name of the Qur'an? If there truely are so many Muslims that are against voilence where are they?


    I'll wait for your evidence.
    Last edited by texmaster; 07-14-10 at 01:30 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #175
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Christian priests/pastors were preaching violence on behalf of the bible for hundreds of years. It's only in the past century that this has lessened.
    Only in the past century? Where is your evidence?

    The only difference between Christianity and Islam is the number of followers willing to use the religion for power and manipulation. The majority of Christians live in societies that have recently advanced in terms of civility, logic & reason. These changes are thanks to sociological viosionaries and have little to do with religion itself. The majority of Muslim nations are still overwhelmed by anarachy and dictatorial rule and live in fear of death and prosecution. This won't change until a civil war ensues in the ME by the people and not an outside country, similiar to what the US did twice (Revolution and US Civil War).
    Are you going to back any of this up with evidence or are you relying soley on theory?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  6. #176
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Where are the demostrations against voilence in the name of the Qur'an? If there truely are so many Muslims that are against voilence where are they?
    The act of not participating in violence is a demonstration against violence.

    Generally people don't rally in support of that status-quo. They rally when something needs attention. A billion or so Muslims don't participate in violence in the name of their religion while tens of thousand radicals do. The tens of thousands are the one's that rally to gain support.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  7. #177
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Only in the past century? Where is your evidence?
    Granted we could probably go back to the 18th century. The last major Christian based violence was the Witch hunts (women "proven" to be posssed by the devil) and Inquisition (blasphemy against the church). We can also get into the "Holy Roman Empire" approved wars between the European countries for a the 1400-1700s and the internal religious civil war of Europe during Queen Elizabeth I's rule.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Are you going to back any of this up with evidence or are you relying soley on theory?
    What do you need me to prove? That majority of Christians live in US and Europe, that US/Europe governments over the past century or two are now based on democratic/republic ideals instead of theocracy, or that there is still violence in the ME under Theocratic and anarchy rule?
    Last edited by Gibberish; 07-14-10 at 01:50 PM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Christian priests/pastors were preaching violence on behalf of the bible for hundreds of years. It's only in the past century that this has lessened.
    True. Christianity was hijacked and used as the basis for slavery and to continue segregation right here in this country.

    The only difference between Christianity and Islam is the number of followers willing to use the religion for power and manipulation. The majority of Christians live in societies that have recently advanced in terms of civility, logic & reason. These changes are thanks to sociological viosionaries and have little to do with religion itself.
    I wouldnt go so far as to say it had nothing to do wtih the religion itself. Beginning with Martin Luther and even the Anabaptists, there was a move to reform religion by spiritual men and women. But you are correct in your observation that Islam is stuck where Christianity was during the dark ages. Part of this was the fact that the Western world made moves to separate religion from government. The middle east has not made such moves in most countries and so you see this monstrous abuse of religion for political gain.

    In effect, neither religion is immune to the proclivity mankind has for violence or the twisting of their respective teachings.

  9. #179
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I have read both and you are quite ignorant on the subject. Read the Koran in verse and context as a whole, not in parts. The same is done iwth the bible. If you were honest, you would know this, but you are not, so your comments are discarded like garbage. Your hatred of Muslims is also noted. Maybe you should look into the Klan, they share many of your views.
    You are aware that it's not Christians we're fighting in Iraq, Astan, and other 3rd World ****-holes, right? It ain't the Jews planting IEDs. Wiccans aren't blowing themselves up in crowds of people. Hell, not even the Scientology ****s are strapping bombs on children. Mormons didn't kill some of my family members and friends. Do you see a pattern emerging here?

    Any religion that kills people over a ****ing drawing (among other atrocities, want a list?) should not be tolerated. Period. Did the Catholics attempt to kill Kev Smith for using the Buddy Christ in the movie "Dogma"? Hell no. Had that been "Hommie Mohammed" instead of "Buddy Christ", lol, Smith's career would have been cut drastically short and his head

    Saying Christianity is comparable to Islam is an insult to Christianity.

    If you want to compare Christian to Muslim, compare past to past, present to present.

    Keep showing you ignorance. It will only get worse

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Your ignorance and lack of cirtical thinking is truely amazing.
    Pot, thy name is kettle.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •