Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 279

Thread: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Have you actually read the Bible? Have you read the entire New Testament to look for commands by God or Jesus to believers to commit acts of violence on non-believers?

    Are you ****en kiding me?


    You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:27)
    Kill Homosexuals
    "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
    Death to Followers of Other Religions

    Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)
    Kill Nonbelievers

    They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

  2. #142
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-07-18 @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,023

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    This seems to me to be a valid question worthy of response.

    With all of the billions of peace loving Muslims out there. Where is the outrage and condemnation of the radical Islamic Fundamentalists doing all the suicide bombings and killings?

    Shouldn't there be an element of the Muslim faith dominating the news citing their disgust and objection? Where are the leaders in that realm condemning the actions of the radical minority?

    Really have no idea what the answer is. But the absence of any loud vocal persistent leadership in the Muslim realm attacking/demonizing the radical factions is at least puzzling and at most troubling....



    .


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  3. #143
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 12:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Are you ****en kiding me?

    Um, that's from the Old Testament. Jesus is only in the New Testament.

    See his quote:

    Have you read the entire New Testament to look for commands by God or Jesus to believers to commit acts of violence on non-believers?
    Your knowledge of the Bible is truly amazing.
    Last edited by texmaster; 07-14-10 at 12:34 AM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Your knowledge of the Bible is truly amazing.

  5. #145
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon

    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,385
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    It is true though Jall. Ryn was asked to provide examples from the New Testament which he did not. I really hate to say it, but Ric got him there.

    However, it's not good enough for Christains to subjectively use the bible, and ommit parts when it suits them. I say that the old testament segments stand as evidence, it's part of the Christains holy book, and since they use one of the quotes so vehemiantly to oppose homosexuals, you can't just pick and choose whatever parts of the bible you want to get away from the fact that Judiasm, Christianity, and Islam all permits the killing of unbelievers within the context of the book.

  6. #146
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 12:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    It is true though Jall. Ryn was asked to provide examples from the New Testament which he did not. I really hate to say it, but Ric got him there.
    Paying attention Jallman?

    However, it's not good enough for Christains to subjectively use the bible, and ommit parts when it suits them. I say that the old testament segments stand as evidence, it's part of the Christains holy book, and since they use one of the quotes so vehemiantly to oppose homosexuals, you can't just pick and choose whatever parts of the bible you want to get away from the fact that Judiasm, Christianity, and Islam all permits the killing of unbelievers within the context of the book.
    No one is denying there aren't voilent passages in the Bible. What we object to is equating Christianity on the same level of voilence in act and teaching with Chrristianity.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #147
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon

    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,385
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    No one is denying there aren't voilent passages in the Bible. What we object to is equating Christianity on the same level of voilence in act and teaching with Chrristianity.
    Islam and the Quran are simply a factor in the evil that is radical islam, not the 100% prevailing factor. You have to also take into account, historical events, geo-political circumstance and economic circumstance. Islam is simply a tool used to propogate terror.

    The reason I argue about this so strongly, is I've known many muslims in my life, and not met a single one who wanted to kill Americans, who wanted to cause terror. They may have disagreed with many American policies but never felt that way. I am just really scared of some peoples mentality towards muslims, to see them all as hostile terrorists, which simply IS. NOT. TRUE.

  8. #148
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    12-21-17 @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,541

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    This seems to me to be a valid question worthy of response.

    With all of the billions of peace loving Muslims out there. Where is the outrage and condemnation of the radical Islamic Fundamentalists doing all the suicide bombings and killings?

    Shouldn't there be an element of the Muslim faith dominating the news citing their disgust and objection? Where are the leaders in that realm condemning the actions of the radical minority?

    Really have no idea what the answer is. But the absence of any loud vocal persistent leadership in the Muslim realm attacking/demonizing the radical factions is at least puzzling and at most troubling....



    .
    Cole - Not all Muslims are terrorists. But when the many allow the few to define them by commission or omission, remain silent and do not police their own - well, they lose the right to bitch.

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    It is true though Jall. Ryn was asked to provide examples from the New Testament which he did not. I really hate to say it, but Ric got him there.

    However, it's not good enough for Christains to subjectively use the bible, and ommit parts when it suits them. I say that the old testament segments stand as evidence, it's part of the Christains holy book, and since they use one of the quotes so vehemiantly to oppose homosexuals, you can't just pick and choose whatever parts of the bible you want to get away from the fact that Judiasm, Christianity, and Islam all permits the killing of unbelievers within the context of the book.
    My response was basically to the idea that anyone could be more clueless about the Bible than the poster I was responding to. Lifting a bunch of text and pasting it in a post with no commentary just doesn't impress me.

  10. #150
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 12:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama at odds with Petraeus doctrine on 'Islam'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Lie #1 from tex.
    Lie #2 from tex.
    Actually, you're not.
    Truth hurts yes I know. Playtime over yet? Let's see.

    Clearly you can't tell the difference in the two so there's no point in moving any further here. Until you decide you don't want to be wrong anymore, there isn't anything I can do for you.
    Classic Jallman. When he's proven laughably wrong, he runs away from his argument. I do love predictabliity but it does take some of the fun out of it. But just a little

    Wow, you still can't ****ing read. Color me...no, no I'm not shocked at all.
    LOL I asked you to back up your point and your response was I'm not going to sit here and throw gems before pigs.

    This is what is called a cop out. Nice job

    No the fact that you are insincere is what makes you insincere. It has nothing to do with my refusal to indulge your insincerity.
    Can you get any more cowardly? I asked you to back up your claim and you run away as usual claiming I'm not "sincere" so you don't have to answer. Does your mother know you're on her computer?

    No, that way I don't have to waste time ****ing with a lost cause.
    Ah yes. More classic Jallman. "Uh I don't have to debate you becuase you're a poopy head!"

    LOL Seriosuly dude. If you aren't going to debate facts, why are you continuing to post? Is your hatred of me that out of control you just can't help yourself?

    Really? I find myself more than content when I wash my hands of your stupidity in a thread.
    Yep. Still pretty sad dude.

    I am debating in this thread. I'm just refusing to debate with you. Everyone else gets that. Why can't you?
    Because you can't debate me in this area. I understand. Your inability to distinguish Old and New Testament as Jet pointed out spoke volumes. You simply aren't versed in this area. Perhaps we can find another thread to your liking
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •