Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 108 of 108

Thread: Holder Floats Possibility of Racial Profiling Suit Against Arizona

  1. #101
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    Re: Holder Floats Possibility of Racial Profiling Suit Against Arizona

    Fine, whatever. Assign whatever motive you like while ignoring the greater context of the thread. I took shortcuts in my writing because I assumed people would read the whole thread. If you had done that, you might realize your characterization of my statements is contradictory to things I've said previously. It doesn't matter. I've said everything I have to say on the subject and I'm still waiting for SOMEONE to explain to me what that whole "If" part of the documentation list means. A couple posters were still vehemently exclaiming that I was misinterpreting it, but never satisfactorily answering my question there. It seems pretty straightforward to me.

    Until then, enjoy your indignation.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #102
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Holder Floats Possibility of Racial Profiling Suit Against Arizona

    Holder, reacting to the firestorm of criticism from Republicans and border-state lawmakers, said the Justice Department decided to file the suit because Arizona's immigration law is "inconsistent" with federal policy and the U.S. Constitution. He said there's nothing to stop local jurisdictions and states from helping the government enforce immigration law, but described Arizona's law as contradictory to what the federal government is trying to accomplish.>>

    The law is the law, no matter how many political twists it gets, it won't go away.

    ricksfolly

  3. #103
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Holder Floats Possibility of Racial Profiling Suit Against Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I do every time I go jogging. However, I am unlikely to jog to Arizona as that would take quite a bit of time.

    edit: Although I admit I go jogging way less than I should.
    I typically carry my national ID and my national health card with me when I run on the small fanny pocket designed in many running shorts...

    I would suggest anyone who is legally required to (non-citizens in the US as well as many other countries) do the same.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  4. #104
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Holder Floats Possibility of Racial Profiling Suit Against Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    They realize the possibility of losing the first suit, yes, and intend to monitor the situation to see whether racial profiling occurs. Seems like it would be fairly easy to track the cases where the citizenship-checking is done to see whether it is applied disproportionately to hispanics.

    So, thanks for the news, I guess?
    I will be done disproportionately to hispanics because they make up the majority of illegals in the US.
    It's a strawman - you can't avoid the problem just because it's being dominated by a certain race.

    If they're so concerned about racism why don't they focus on the police force in regard to the many many *known* incidences of racism in the judicial and correction system?
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #105
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Holder Floats Possibility of Racial Profiling Suit Against Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I typically carry my national ID and my national health card with me when I run on the small fanny pocket designed in many running shorts...

    I would suggest anyone who is legally required to (non-citizens in the US as well as many other countries) do the same.
    I carry my ID everywhere I go. If something happens to me I want to be identified.

    It is common sense.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Holder Floats Possibility of Racial Profiling Suit Against Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Holder, reacting to the firestorm of criticism from Republicans and border-state lawmakers, said the Justice Department decided to file the suit because Arizona's immigration law is "inconsistent" with federal policy and the U.S. Constitution. He said there's nothing to stop local jurisdictions and states from helping the government enforce immigration law, but described Arizona's law as contradictory to what the federal government is trying to accomplish.>>

    The law is the law, no matter how many political twists it gets, it won't go away.

    ricksfolly
    Eric Holder is a corrupt assbag who has no idea what it means to be "consistant" with the US Constitution. It's time for Holder's corrupt ass to be removed from office.

  7. #107
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Holder Floats Possibility of Racial Profiling Suit Against Arizona

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Fine, whatever. Assign whatever motive you like while ignoring the greater context of the thread. I took shortcuts in my writing because I assumed people would read the whole thread. If you had done that, you might realize your characterization of my statements is contradictory to things I've said previously. It doesn't matter. I've said everything I have to say on the subject and I'm still waiting for SOMEONE to explain to me what that whole "If" part of the documentation list means. A couple posters were still vehemently exclaiming that I was misinterpreting it, but never satisfactorily answering my question there. It seems pretty straightforward to me.

    Until then, enjoy your indignation.
    First, I agree with you on the "if" part, just in the fact that you are right. Those states' driver's licenses will not be acceptable.

    Having said that, I don't agree with you overall. First of all, there are several ID cards issued by the government that are not acceptable as proof of age, especially military IDs in some places. I have experienced this several times, in that I do not have a driver's license, so my military ID (I have both a military ID and dependent ID now, but both are considered suspect by some places) is the only form of ID I have. I look much younger than I am. If I happened to get drunk, and was asked by a policeman to show my ID, but he didn't accept my military ID, should he be allowed to detain me until he could prove that I was old enough to drink? Taking it further, in relation to your "why should legal citizens have to carry ID" argument, what if I got drunk at my house, then decided to take a walk around the neighborhood with my husband, but I left my ID at home. A cop sees us, and believes that I am too young to be drinking but I am obviously drunk. Should he be allowed to stop me to ask for my ID to prove my age? Would a temporary detainment for me to prove my age not be okay?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #108
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    Re: Holder Floats Possibility of Racial Profiling Suit Against Arizona

    This is purely, and ONLY, an attempt to win Hispanic voters in November and beyond for the Democrats.

    Just like ignoring the threats of the Black Panthers is to not scare away voters for the Democrats.

    Sad that the Attorney General has been reduced to this. It used to be an esteemed appointment.

    Holder is a vile, corrupt, puppet of a man.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •