Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: US Justice Department to review BART shooting

  1. #11
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US Justice Department to review BART shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Oh I don't know... maybe they should have investigated BEFORE the state trial. They don't like the verdict so they do this.
    if you could provide some proof that would be great. is that what typically happens, the feds bring charges first?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #12
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: US Justice Department to review BART shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    what's the harm in investigating?
    Suppose a black guy had shot a white guy? Would the Justice Department look into it?

  3. #13
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: US Justice Department to review BART shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    In one case somebody was killed

    The other case somebody held a night stick in a meanacing manner

    I know which one I would want the government to spend resources on
    I didn't realize it was an either-or situation with those two cases.

    Besides, the murder was already investigated, the state made its case and the jury decided the guilt in the matter. Unless there is some evidence of jury tampering, or witness tampering, the feds really have no reason to be involved since there isn't even a suspicion of wrongdoing from what I've read, just a dislike of the outcome. Seems more of a case where they want to try the defendant until they get the verdict they like.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  4. #14
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US Justice Department to review BART shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Department of Justice to conduct independent review Mehserle case, may prosecute | abc7news.com

    So, because the State didn't find the man guilty as the Obama Admin wanted, they are going to try to make this a Federal Crime now?

    I'd say this proves that race trumps all in the Obama Dept. of Justice.
    Although the result of this trial seem puzzling on the surface, I was not privy to the evidence and testimony at the trial. There's no way the Feds should get involved and stick their nose where it doesn't belong. This reeks of Terry Schiavo, where the same unnecessary intervention happened.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #15
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: US Justice Department to review BART shooting

    So much for being judged by a jury of your peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: US Justice Department to review BART shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    In one case somebody was killed

    The other case somebody held a night stick in a meanacing manner

    I know which one I would want the government to spend resources on
    The right to vote is fundamental, did these black panthers intimidate some people to not vote? Very likely. Yes, I would say it is very important to uphold the guilty verdict that was already obtained.

  7. #17
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: US Justice Department to review BART shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    The right to vote is fundamental, did these black panthers intimidate some people to not vote? Very likely. Yes, I would say it is very important to uphold the guilty verdict that was already obtained.

    Your right, the right to vote is fundamental. As it was in 2006 in Pima Arizona, where the DOJ declined to bring any charges for voter intimidation when minutemen, one of whom carried a gun were intimidating Latino voters at a polling place while also filming them.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  8. #18
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: US Justice Department to review BART shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I didn't realize it was an either-or situation with those two cases.

    Besides, the murder was already investigated, the state made its case and the jury decided the guilt in the matter. Unless there is some evidence of jury tampering, or witness tampering, the feds really have no reason to be involved since there isn't even a suspicion of wrongdoing from what I've read, just a dislike of the outcome. Seems more of a case where they want to try the defendant until they get the verdict they like.
    This , people should read it.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    Adam Shepard

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: US Justice Department to review BART shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Your right, the right to vote is fundamental. As it was in 2006 in Pima Arizona, where the DOJ declined to bring any charges for voter intimidation when minutemen, one of whom carried a gun were intimidating Latino voters at a polling place while also filming them.
    So, are you saying that two wrongs make a right, or? I'm not quite getting your point.

    Don't you think that, if true, the minutemen that brought guns to intimidate potential voters should have been prosecuted?

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: US Justice Department to review BART shooting

    So the racist Justice Department is going to violate double jeopardy and give the cops a second trial, just like they did in the Rodney King case.

    Boy, no surprises there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •