Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: Obama loses drilling moratorium appeal

  1. #51
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Obama loses drilling moratorium appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Even if it is illegal?
    How is the moratorium illegal?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #52
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Obama loses drilling moratorium appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    How is the moratorium illegal?
    For the reasons cited by TWO courts already?!?!?
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  3. #53
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    mid-illinois
    Last Seen
    10-08-16 @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    272

    Re: Obama loses drilling moratorium appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    He understands, but disrespects the law. So his socialism is purposeful.
    i have to ask..
    what is your thoughts on the last administrations comments and actions regarding civil liberties and the constitution? i recall a few moments that really stood my hair on end.
    1. the patriot act. (which to date has not been changed/altered no matter the claims made by some to adress it)
    2. bush's comment regarding the constitution being "just a g.d. piece of paper".(after being publicly confronted about its ambiguity)
    3. outing of the undercover agent.
    4. the firing/dismissal of us attorneys.
    each of which would create bloody rage in the streets in this overcharged political environment.
    back then the fear of govt and the "youre with us or youre against us" oppressive speech seemed such that many simply buried their heads for fear of being the next one on the chopping block.
    whereas today it seems very much in reverse, with fear of facing political retribution to almost everything thats been proposed.(good, bad or indifferent its damned if you do and damned if you dont)

    IMO, the above items and a few others are what people voted against last election, moreso than anything else. the bar was really lowered and the people wanted "change" in govt.. though im pretty sure the current out-of-balance administration isnt what they wanted.
    in any case, itll soon change and many will again realize there is not a true public servant among the entire self serving bunch.(right, middle or left) they all owe someone something.
    my only fear in the upcoming elections is the newly unbridled monetary influence that a corporation can have.(particularly those with nothing more than a corporate base in the US)

  4. #54
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    mid-illinois
    Last Seen
    10-08-16 @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    272

    Re: Obama loses drilling moratorium appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    The problem is that an instant switch would have costs associated with it that most people could not afford. You can't simply tell everyone that they have to get a hybrid car TODAY. It is too expensive for most Americans. You can't insist that everyone buy solar panals for their homes. They are too expensive for the average person. So, sad to say, we need to continue drilling for the foreseeable future. In doing so, we need to do it on our own soil in as safe conditions as possible. Drilling closer to shore is MUCH safer and easier than drilling further out...
    i would certainly not advocate a instant switch to be forced upon the american public, but youve surely heard the urban legends of oil and auto companies(and certainly others industry defacto leaders) "stifling" advancements by immediately buying the idea from the inventor/entrepreneur to maintin the status quo.

    another urban legend.. years back there was some evangelist that made claims about a huge oil find in alaska, in which the company that leased the area quickly covered up to maintain the value of oil on the market(not unlike the diamond cartels and the hoards they have)..
    when i look now all i find is the "gull island' controversy that i find as much fact as fiction and i cant tell which is which..(same ol' "one indian lies and the other tells the truth, but which is which" thing.
    who knows, but i am aware there are many "tapped and capped" wells(right here in central illinois, let alone the rest of the US) just waiting until its most profitable to be re-opened. (btw, right here, right now, we get about $60+ per barrel)
    Last edited by WhyteRash; 07-10-10 at 12:27 AM. Reason: additional armchair reasoning to expouse

  5. #55
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Obama loses drilling moratorium appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyteRash View Post
    i would certainly not advocate a instant switch to be forced upon the american public, but youve surely heard the urban legends of oil and auto companies(and certainly others industry defacto leaders) "stifling" advancements by immediately buying the idea from the inventor/entrepreneur to maintin the status quo.

    another urban legend.. years back there was some evangelist that made claims about a huge oil find in alaska, in which the company that leased the area quickly covered up to maintain the value of oil on the market(not unlike the diamond cartels and the hoards they have)..
    when i look now all i find is the "gull island' controversy that i find as much fact as fiction and i cant tell which is which..(same ol' "one indian lies and the other tells the truth, but which is which" thing.
    who knows, but i am aware there are many "tapped and capped" wells(right here in central illinois, let alone the rest of the US) just waiting until its most profitable to be re-opened. (btw, right here, right now, we get about $60+ per barrel)
    I presume you will forgive me if I don't put too much stock in "urban legends" that don't have any support to back them up...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  6. #56
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Obama loses drilling moratorium appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i think the moratorium is a great idea, and the judge sucks.
    Why is it such a great idea? You enjoy putting people out of work? I bet that judge don't want to be labled as the guy that directly unemployed a few hundred thousand people. If Obama was such a dickhead, he wouldn't either. But, we all know what his real agenda is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #57
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Obama loses drilling moratorium appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyteRash View Post
    i have to ask..
    what is your thoughts on the last administrations comments and actions regarding civil liberties and the constitution? i recall a few moments that really stood my hair on end.
    1. the patriot act. (which to date has not been changed/altered no matter the claims made by some to adress it)
    2. bush's comment regarding the constitution being "just a g.d. piece of paper".(after being publicly confronted about its ambiguity)
    3. outing of the undercover agent.
    4. the firing/dismissal of us attorneys.
    each of which would create bloody rage in the streets in this overcharged political environment.
    back then the fear of govt and the "youre with us or youre against us" oppressive speech seemed such that many simply buried their heads for fear of being the next one on the chopping block.
    whereas today it seems very much in reverse, with fear of facing political retribution to almost everything thats been proposed.(good, bad or indifferent its damned if you do and damned if you dont)

    IMO, the above items and a few others are what people voted against last election, moreso than anything else. the bar was really lowered and the people wanted "change" in govt.. though im pretty sure the current out-of-balance administration isnt what they wanted.
    in any case, itll soon change and many will again realize there is not a true public servant among the entire self serving bunch.(right, middle or left) they all owe someone something.
    my only fear in the upcoming elections is the newly unbridled monetary influence that a corporation can have.(particularly those with nothing more than a corporate base in the US)
    You still pushing that lie? That was debuncked years ago. Besides, you think that if he did say it, it's ok for Obama to do whatever the hell he wants?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #58
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Obama loses drilling moratorium appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Good. I hope you carry on with the same bravado and posturing next time you are standing at the gas pump. Remember, now, it was that damned, dirty Louisianna oil rig worker that just made you run out that tank of gas and then turn around and pay the company that employed him for another one.

    Do you get light headed from the lack of oxygen way up there on your pedastal?
    What are you talking about Jallman, I'm sure someone as self righteous as her couldn't possibly be funding such a "dirty" industry by buying or using...

    Anything Polyester
    Anything with permanent press
    Beads
    Bracelets
    Panythose
    Nylon Zippers
    Plastic Hangers
    Purses
    Flip Flops
    Earrings
    Windbreakers
    Shoe Laces
    Rain Coats
    Sneakers
    Umbrellas
    Ball point pens
    computers
    copiers
    calculators
    printer cartridges
    binders
    erasers
    cameras
    frisbees
    footballs
    golfballs
    earphones
    kites
    life jackets
    playing cards
    poker chips
    rollerskates
    baby oil
    plastic laundry baskets
    many bath soaps
    pacifiers
    baby bottles
    disposable dipers
    aspirin
    pepto-bismol
    bandaids
    prescription medicine (due to their bottles)
    eyeglasses or sunglasses
    cough syrup
    egg cartons
    trash bags
    microwavable dishes
    milk jugs
    wax paper
    ice trays
    plastic containers
    fabric softener
    baggies
    measuring cups
    hair brushes
    lipstick
    perfume
    mascara
    combs
    curlers
    shampoo
    hair spray
    hair dryers
    show curtains
    plungers
    water pipes
    garden hose
    antifreeze
    car batteries
    motor oil
    coolant
    tires
    wind shield wipers
    cars in general
    CD's
    DVD's
    bubble gum
    flashlights
    disposable lighters
    etc

    I would hate for her to be contributing to such a dirty industry and their employees and those that support them.

  9. #59
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-04-15 @ 11:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    808

    Re: Obama loses drilling moratorium appeal

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    For the reasons cited by TWO courts already?!?!?
    In fairness, only one court has said it was illegal. The 5th circuit ruling was only on the issue of granting a stay while the arguments over the merits will take place in August it looks like.

    I think I jumped the gun in earlier posts as well, but that is what that ruling was about.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •