Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 429

Thread: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #271
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, although I agree that homosexual couples should benefit from that which you have laid out here, especially those which are committed over a longer period of time, I was originally addressing the statement made by Captain Courtesy when he said,



    In that I believe that he was posing that GM was a benefit to society as a whole, and not the benefits that gay couples will enjoy should that day of recognized marriage come to them.

    But then again when I asked him what the benefits were he responded with,



    Which was acceptable as an answer to me. However yours above seems to be more about what will benefit the couples should they attain the status. that was why I asked.

    j-mac
    I would not worry about this decision...........it will be overturned at the circuit court level...........This judge is a liberal and has and axe to grind............His decision was unconstitutional...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #272
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Heh, maybe Rivvrat can get people to pay attention to the argument. I seemed to get no where this entire thread.

    Whites can only marry blacks, are restricted from marrying whites. Blacks can only marry whites, are restricted from marrying blacks.

    Men can only marry women, are restricted from marrying men. Women can only marry men, are restricted from marrying women.

    Gender discrimination is equally as unconstitutional as Racial discrimination in this country. Could you tell a race they could only marry someone from another race? No. Yet you're telling a member of a gender they can only marry someone from the other gender. Thus creating inequality between the two races as women can do something under the law men are forbidden from doing and vise versa.
    Or, just to bypass the whole "choice" issue that some individuals like to bring up, one could like it to:

    Protestants can only marry protestants
    Catholics can only marry Catholics
    Baptists can only marry Baptists
    etc, etc

  3. #273
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I would not worry about this decision...........it will be overturned at the circuit court level...........This judge is a liberal and has and axe to grind............His decision was unconstitutional...........
    he's a nixon appointee.....what are his decisions that you think are liberal? he's a vet, btw.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #274
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I would not worry about this decision...........it will be overturned at the circuit court level...........This judge is a liberal and has and axe to grind............His decision was unconstitutional...........
    Nixon was known for his love of Liberal judges. That is why he appointed Joseph Tauro.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #275
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    he's a nixon appointee.....what are his decisions that you think are liberal? he's a vet, btw.
    He did something Navy disagrees with, therefore he must be an evil liberal


    with an agenda


    who hates our military

  6. #276
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    he's a nixon appointee.....what are his decisions that you think are liberal? he's a vet, btw.
    It's just another unsubstantiated claim. It's standard practice, when in doubt, blame liberals.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #277
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    He did something Navy disagrees with, therefore he must be an evil liberal


    with an agenda


    who hates our military
    Why do you hate our country my left wing friend?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #278
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Nixon was known for his love of Liberal judges. That is why he appointed Joseph Tauro.
    I liked Nixon he gave us in the military some great pay raises but he was no Conservative..........Bush 1 apppointed one of the biggest libs of all time to the SCOTUS David Soutar..........your point is?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #279
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I liked Nixon he gave us in the military some great pay raises but he was no Conservative..........Bush 1 apppointed one of the biggest libs of all time to the SCOTUS David Soutar..........your point is?
    My point is your claiming he is a liberal is meaningless. What makes him a liberal?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #280
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    He did something Navy disagrees with, therefore he must be an evil liberal


    with an agenda


    who hates our military
    You know better then that............Where you been? Have not seen you in a long time.....I hope your well........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •