Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 429

Thread: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #211
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    You can make fun of him all you like but he's right. You cannot exclude pologamy if you allow gay marriage. Not unless you want to become what you claim to be fighting.

    There is no argument you could make that could not be called "discriminatory" or "bigoted" the new favorite arguments the left uses against anyone opposed to gay marriage.

    I think my favorite argument some on the far left are using is the they claim that polygamy isn't beneficial as if that is a new defining standard for allowing marriage for an alternative lifestyle.

    Considering there are 3 times the number of countries that still practice polygamy I'd say its far easier to prove it is more beneficial to a society than allowing 2 homosexuals to marry. That argument made is about the funniest if not dumbest one I've ever seen to try and discriminate against polygamists while in the same breath claim to be fighting discrimination against 2 couple homosexuals.

    And that goes for all other alternative lifestyles as well.
    I'd love to know why you do this, when the last time you made this argument, it was completely destroyed... at which point you vacated the thread. Since we are talking about the difference between sexual orientation and NOT sexual orienation, discrimination does not apply. Different issues.

    And, as I did the last time you presented this stupid argument, if you want to base your position on what you see in other countries, then I'm sure, since you are not a hypocrite, you want DADT repealed since gays can serve openly in the militaries of other countries. Right tex?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #212
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I think what people are saying in regards to the polygamy thing is that the arguments that justify homosexual marriage would also justify polygamy. I agree that it bringing polygamy into things is a red herring and serves no purpose in regards to the gay marriage debate.
    Wait... what have you done with digsbe? We NEVER agree on this issue, yet we agree, here. Just proves that some anti-GM folks can actually look at this situation with some logic.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Automatic inheretance and hospital visitation aren't rights. And, those things can be dealt with on an individual basis. The state need not be involved.
    Hmmm...."automatic inheritance".

    If the state law says the surviving spouse gets all the goodies, what difference does it make if the surving spouse had a penis like the dead guy?

    If a couple is married, that statement is enough to inform anyone concerned that HIS will is that his spouse be it She/He/Both, inherits the full estate unless some formal will has been written following that state's legal format. It's really no one else's business.

    If a patient dying of cancer wants his spouse to visit, why should anyone interfere just because the spouse is the same sex as the patient? The fact of the marriage itself says enough, doesn't it? What if the patient isn't dying, but is unconscious and the hospital must turn to the spouse to make decisions? Again, what difference does the sex of the spouse make? The couple made their decisions, I see no reason why any third party has to second guess this, or why they should be able to.

    If a spouse can inherit, then the spouse can inherit. That's not complicated.

    If a spouse can visit in the hospital, or make life decisions for treatment, then the spouse can do so.

    Really no complicated at all.

  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    As I have repeatedly said, the polygamy issue in the GM debate is a red herring. It is a distraction that anti-GMers bring in as a "the sky is falling" argument.
    Yes indeed.

    Polygamy isn't the same as a simple one-on-one marriage.

    Not that I oppose polygamy, but the laws needed to make sense of that are completely different than simple "gee we don't care what sex you TWO people are, you're now married to each other, and no one else."

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    143

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe
    I think what people are saying in regards to the polygamy thing is that the arguments that justify homosexual marriage would also justify polygamy. I agree that it bringing polygamy into things is a red herring and serves no purpose in regards to the gay marriage debate.
    Yes, that is their argument, and no, it is not accurate. Polygamy and homosexuality are very different things. One is what a person is, one is what a person does to start with.
    Absolute dissemblence; total deception and a fraud of the first order.

    Homosexuals are only an 'is' when the issue is their abnormal sexual DESIRE... Who gives a red rats @$$ about their abnormal sexual desire? No one here is discussing their abnormal sexual desire... NOT ONE PERSON IN THIS DISCUSSION IS CONCERNED WITH, OR HAS CALLED FOR ANY LEGISLATION WHICH PRECLUDES THE LOWLY HOMOSEXUAL FROM DESIRING INDIVIDUALS OF THEIR OWN GENDER FOR SEXUAL GRATIFICATION...

    This debate is concerned PURELY with the ACTIONS of the homosexual which hopes to play house and present themselves as something akin to normal... To demonstrate that being a homosexual is just as normal as to not be a pathetic sexual deviant that is incapable of rejecting their twisted, deviant sexual cravings.

    Actions... Of course, at the end of the day, who one IS, is demonstrated by one's actions, isn't it? So in that one immutable principle alone, the member's argument is refuted...



    There is not ONE STATE within the fifty United States that precludes homosexuals, declared or otherwise from marriage... NOT ONE~

    Meaning that ANY homosexual, in ANY AMERICAN STATE... can make application for and expect to be summarily accepted by ANY American state authority which is concerned with the issuing of such licenses... as long as that homosexual's application fits the reasonable and necessary standard of marriage; that being that only two individuals, each representing the distinct genders be listed in the application.

    Thus there is no discrimination of the Homosexual with regard to marriage... PERIOD! Yet the advocates of the normalization of abnormality would have you believe otherwise...

    Deceit and Fraud... It's who and what the Progressives are... "One is the sum of one's actions..." What's that tell us?

    What the homosexuls want to do, is to LOWER THE STANDARD TO PROVIDE FOR THE STRIPPING OF THE ELEMENT OF THE MARRIAGE STANDARD WHICH REQUIRES INDIVIDUALS MAKING APPLICATION FOR SUCH, TO BE OF TWO DISTINCT GENDERS... This more often than not based upon the claim that because normal individuals who enter into marriage enjoy numerous financial advantages, that this provides for the unfair treatment of the lowly homosexual... despite the absolute fact that ANY two homosexuals can file to incorporate their union with their respective state and receive almost identical financial advantages; from being recognized as one legal entity for the purposes of taxation, to insurable interests, to the right of inheritence, to the the legal right to visit their legally binding partners in hospital... and what's MORE... they could EASILY lobby the federal legislature to change the tax code to provide more equal treatment relative to the normal people who join in marriage.

    BUT NOoooooeeuu... They DEMAND that the culture lower the standard of marriage to provide for their sliverous special interests; as if the REST of the nation has NO RIGHT to establish cultural mores.

    Let me ask ya this friends... IF the homosexual has a right to establish cultural standards, how is it POSSIBLE that the same right doesn't exist for the rest of the citizenry? Clearly it would, right? At least where the principle that 'all men are created equal...' is recognized and respected. Which is, in truth that which this entire issue revolves around...

    We're debating Progressives... They're secularists... anti-theists... anti-Americans... who are defined by nothing at all beyond the chronic advancement of deceit and fraud and the raw abuse of whatever power they may come by.

    With examples of such being all around us... everyday.

    These people do NOT believe in the natural rights of man... they believe rights are endowed, not by nature's God, but by Government power. And at the end of the day, the only thing that separates the men from the shims, is the will of men to reject their deviant notions... standing together in sound principle, ready to go to whatever length THEY DEMAND WE GO... to sustain sound, sustainable cultural principle; such as required as the sustaining element of our own, certain, self-evident, unalienable human rights.

    It's evil... that's all. It only wins when we succumb to it's lies. And the choice as to whther or not good or evil prevails is our own. Period and without exception.

    Now where the issue is the marriage standard and the desire by one subversive element of the culture to lower that standard, in this case the element which provides that both distinct genders be represented, it is quite relevant to note that where this spurious reasoning is accepted, that the foolish judgment which accepts that premise, BY DEFAULT establishes that the OTHER ELEMENT OF THE STANDARD IS ALSO UNFAIR... and as a result must be lowered to accomodate those which IT PRECLUDED from participation.

    Thus this member's specious claims are refuted as well as those of like mind who have come to advocate for the same unsustainable twaddle.
    Last edited by PubliusInfinitu; 07-10-10 at 09:27 PM.

  6. #216
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Marriage forces men to marry only women and women to marry only men. Would a law forcing blacks to only marry whites and whites to only marry blacks be constitutional? Is Gender a protected group that we can not discriminate against?

    Still waiting for someone to answer this with something other than suggesting its not a common argument so therefore must be flawed.

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    143

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Hmmm...."automatic inheritance".

    If the state law says the surviving spouse gets all the goodies, what difference does it make if the surving spouse had a penis like the dead guy?

    If a couple is married, that statement is enough to inform anyone concerned that HIS will is that his spouse be it She/He/Both, inherits the full estate unless some formal will has been written following that state's legal format. It's really no one else's business.
    Of course, the law says that a person can pass on to whom ever they choose, any portion of their estate which suits them... without regard to their gender.

    Corporations very often pass along the responsibilities and assets which was headed up by a passing member, to the relevant individual which picks up the reigns in their wake...

    Ya see, the assets were the property of the corporation...

    Yet in 15 years of debating this... of the THOUSANDS of advocates of normalizing abnormality... NOT ONE has ever come CLOSE to accepting the simple fact that every whim of the homosexual lobbies stated goals could be met by simply incorporating.

    And this is because incorporation does not provide the legitimacy inherent in marriage.

    The delicious irony resting in the certainty that should the deviants ever prevail, they will destroy that legitimacy inherent in marriage... by their very presents.

    Thus there is no upside to allowing it... no higher moral plain will be reached. Only the usual chaos, calamity and catastrophe which follows every leftist policy.

    But look... We... The Americans... We're not budging on this one. There'll be no compromise, no concessions... No gay marriage, as Marriage is the joining of two individuals, each representing the distinct genders.

    And we're prepared to go to whatever lengths you people require us to go, to stop ya. You're the aggressor, so you set the rules... But rest assured, we'll be there for ya, which ever way you decide to go.

    We've accepted you as human beings... we don't give a damn what two men do in the privacy of their home with a midget, two goats, a quart of Quaker State and a unicyle. But we're not ABOUT to go any further with it.

    So keep us posted...

  8. #218
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,362
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by PubliusInfinitu View Post

    We're debating Progressives... They're secularists... anti-theists... anti-Americans... who are defined by nothing at all beyond the chronic advancement of deceit and fraud and the raw abuse of whatever power they may come by.

    So what where you doing when I was serving America in war? Damn, how anti-American of me...

    See how stupid it is to throw out blind insults? That is all your post is, just blind insults.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    143

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Marriage forces men to marry only women and women to marry only men. Would a law forcing blacks to only marry whites and whites to only marry blacks be constitutional? Is Gender a protected group that we can not discriminate against?

    Still waiting for someone to answer this with something other than suggesting its not a common argument so therefore must be flawed.
    Marriage doesn't force anyone to do anything... PERIOD.

    And yes, Gender is a protected group... if one happens to be female.

    But gender is something that one can not readily escape. One can't claim to be a woman on ladies night and then claim to be a man the following Tuesday when such is advantageous to do so.

    Sexual orientation however is a distinct issue... There is no 'homosexual gene'... One can be a homo and change into a hetero without notice, as far as the law is concerned. Thus where the law provides for subsidies or other consideration specific to homosexuals, there no means to determine if the claimant is a homosexual or not; and this without regard to one's snappy style instincts and the number of show tunes one can belt out on any given day...

    Homosexuality is a farce... in its most severe cases, it is a distinct minority who suffer abnormal sexual cravings. Which is hardly a premise on which to tilt the culture on it's head and revise the nucleus element of that culture as a form of appeasement.

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    143

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So what where you doing when I was serving America in war?
    Huh.. so you feel that serving in the US Military, authorizes you to undermine and advocate for foriegn ideas which are at diametric odds with the immutable principles on which America rests?

    Benedict Arnold served in the US military... didn't excuse his subversion and at the end of the day, I doubt it's gonna excuse yours.

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •