Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 429

Thread: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #141
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    See, they love to throw up the polygamy red herring because they aren't as stupid as they pretend to be. They know that all rulings on marriage up to this point define the contract based on two participants of the age of majority and their elevation of worth to each other, solely, in the eyes of the law. They think spewing nonsense about marrying sea urchins and toddlers and the whole hippy commune will deflect from the fact that they haven't got a leg to stand on when it comes to the right to contract coupled with equal protection in their pursuit to define marriage for the convenience of their archaic sensibilities.

    It's not so much a red herring as it is an idiotic appeal to the absurd. It just amuses me at this point.
    Not to mention I've never seen "Number Discrimination". "Amount" isn't a constitutionally protected status. The equal protection clause doesn't tell businesses that they're not allowed to limit the amount of people they can service because of "numeral inequality."

    Forcing men to marry women and women to marry men is gender discrimination.

    Telling people they can only marry 1 person and 1 person alone isn't discrimination against any particular protected grouping.

  2. #142
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    We agree that the government should extend marriage buffs to any coupling which is not demonstratively destructive to society.
    So you're in favor of the coupling of any two people other than underage individuals (damaging to society for the same reasons we have laws with regards to sex with minors) and family members (due to the strain on society by the significantly higher likelihood of genetic defects)? Since there is no definitive proven destructive force in regards to society shown in regards to homosexuals.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So you're in favor of the coupling of any two people other than underage individuals (damaging to society for the same reasons we have laws with regards to sex with minors) and family members (due to the strain on society by the significantly higher likelihood of genetic defects)? Since there is no definitive proven destructive force in regards to society shown in regards to homosexuals.
    I say the government should allow everything which is not obviously a hazard and let evolution take over from there.

    So, yes.

  4. #144
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    So is polygamy cool, too?
    Whenever polygamy is brought up, it is a sure sign that anti-GM folks are losing and are grasping. Polygamy is not the same thing. It is not a sexual orientation, there is no evidence that it is beneficial, and there is nothing that indicates that it has any kind of widespread support. All this is, is a diversion, and is a failed one at that.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #145
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Whenever polygamy is brought up, it is a sure sign that anti-GM folks are losing and are grasping. Polygamy is not the same thing. It is not a sexual orientation, there is no evidence that it is beneficial, and there is nothing that indicates that it has any kind of widespread support. All this is, is a diversion, and is a failed one at that.
    And how exactly is GM beneficial?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #146
    Frankernaut peepnklown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-16-15 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    607

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Then why can't heteros today do that?
    I shall conclude our debate because I have become a, you vs. Zyphlin mirror.
    'The whole universe is going to die!'

  7. #147
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Whenever polygamy is brought up, it is a sure sign that anti-GM folks are losing and are grasping. Polygamy is not the same thing. It is not a sexual orientation, there is no evidence that it is beneficial, and there is nothing that indicates that it has any kind of widespread support. All this is, is a diversion, and is a failed one at that.
    Look, don't make me call my personal friend Boardtracker down on your azz.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #148
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 05:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And how exactly is GM beneficial?


    j-mac
    In the exact same ways that heterosexual marriage is beneficial, i'd imagine. Unless your argument is that the institution of marriage as a whole is not beneficial, of course, in which case good luck trying to prove that.

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    143

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Interesting...

    So the Federal government is capable of interfering with the States means to define who can vote, who can sit in the front of the bus... who and what form of sexual intercourse people in which individuals enage and what curriculum they can teach in their schools... but the Federal government cannot establish a Federal Standard for the nations nucleus: the Marriage?

    ROFLMNAO...


    Yet another example of just how right Joe McCarthy was...

    (Ya died in disgrace Joe... but THE TRUTH IS SETTING YOU FREE Big guy... as it always does.)

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    143

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Whenever polygamy is brought up, it is a sure sign that anti-GM folks are losing and are grasping. Polygamy is not the same thing. It is not a sexual orientation, there is no evidence that it is beneficial, and there is nothing that indicates that it has any kind of widespread support. All this is, is a diversion, and is a failed one at that.
    ROFLMNAO! Sweet Mother whatta trainwreck.

    First: how does noting that Polygamy falls outside the established standard of marriage and accurately comparing that joining of more than two individuals is synonymous with the standard violating joining of two outies... or two inies... become 'a sure sign of losing'?

    How does that work? Any chance you can show us your math on that one?

    Second: No one has argued that Polygamy is identical to the sexual deviancy of homosexuality...

    Third: Who has suggested that Polygamy is a sexual orientation?

    Fourth: Polygamists would vehemently dispute your assertion that their 'lifestyle choice' is not beneficial... And they believe it every BIT as much as the pathetic sexual deviants who chose to seek sexual gratification through intercourse with individuals of their own gender; just as the pathetic sexual deviants who chose to seek sexual gratification through intercourse with individuals which have yet to grow to the age of consent, OKA: Pedophiles, VEHEMENTLY BELIEVE THAT THEIR PARTICULAR KINK is beneficial.

    Fifth: how does a deviant, abnormal sexual orientation become acceptable as a means to violate the established, reasonable, well founded marriage standard that marriage consist of two individuals, each representing the distinct genders; and Polygamy does not?

    Sixth: There is no correlation between the popularity of a given idea and the validity of that idea... relevant to your implications regarding 'widespread support'... Meaning that just because an idea becomes widely supported, does not make it logically valid, or intellectually sound; let alone something approaching a good idea.


    Seventh: Homosexuals violate the marriage standard regarding distinct genders and polygamist violate the stated acceptable volume of individuals.

    In truth, your would-be argument is little more than raw dissemblance... which never serves any purpose except to distract from the truth; thus you're the one advancing a distraction.

    At the end of the day, where the advocates of normalizing abnormality prevail in destroying the marriage standard, the notion that they will be able to defend the newly lowered standard from the claims by others of different abnormalities, that they should be provided the same benefit of Marriage and included within the standard; and the same specious reasoning that crippled the standard allowing the homosexual will be used to allow the polygamist.

    The bottom line is that Homosexuals can readily find the financial benefits which they claim to rest at the foundation of theid discontent, by simply filing to incorporate and lobbying congress to add legislation to include a specific Corporation for domestic unions of the common fag. There's no moral component to it, and there's no limit to the number of people who can participate in these legal entities designed to jojn multiple distinct parties into one legal entity. But the advocates of normalizing abnormality are not truly interested in the tax benefits intrinsic to marriage... THEY CRAVE THE LEGITIMACY INHERENT I MARRIAGE.

    Legitimacy, that will evaporate, the instant that the institution is crippled by allowing them to participate.
    Last edited by PubliusInfinitu; 07-10-10 at 11:32 AM.

Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •