Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 429

Thread: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

  1. #101
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Too bad Obama is fighting to uphold DOMA.
    Well, WJBC -did- sign it into law.
    But, the pro-gay marriage crowd will contine to support Him and defend Him - the (D) next to His name is a get-out-of-jail-free card.

  2. #102
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Too bad Obama is fighting to uphold DOMA.
    And he just lost the first round. Your point?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #103
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And he just lost the first round. Your point?

    My point is that I thought he campaigned on overturning DOMA? Now he is fighting for it? That can not make him popular at the local gay pride parade.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #104
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Well, WJBC -did- sign it into law.
    But, the pro-gay marriage crowd will contine to support Him and defend Him - the (D) next to His name is a get-out-of-jail-free card.
    Or, more likely and logically, we agree with him on more than we disagree with him, unlike conservative politicians.

    Do you actually believe that kind of stupid crap, or just post it for effect?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #105
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    My point is that I thought he campaigned on overturning DOMA? Now he is fighting for it? That can not make him popular at the local gay pride parade.


    j-mac
    PolitiFact | Support repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) - Obama promise No. 294:

    A DOJ spokesman has said that the president supports a legislative repeal of DOMA, but it is a long-held practice for the administration to defend federal laws that have not been deemed unconstitutional.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #106
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Or, more likely and logically, we agree with him on more than we disagree with him, unlike conservative politicians.
    Really.
    Watch this.

    Video: Respect My Authoritah | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

    Tell me how many of these acrtions you do not support.
    Then compare that to the number of His actions that you DO support.
    THEN tell me why it is you support Him, if not the (D) next to His name.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 07-09-10 at 04:03 PM.

  7. #107
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional


    Why how convenient, quick....Politifact to the rescue of Obama!


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #108
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Really.
    Watch this.

    Video: Respect My Authoritah | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

    Tell me how many of these acrtions you do not support.
    Then compare that to His actions that you DO support.
    THEN tell me why it is you support Him, if not the (D) next to His name.
    And this is where your faulty reasoning comes into play. I do not "support" him, I support the policies of his I agree with. I voted for him because I agreed with him on more issues than I agreed with McCain on. Trying to spin it into something it is not is doomed to fail.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #109
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And this is where your faulty reasoning comes into play. I do not "support" him, I support the policies of his I agree with.
    Ok.... and you supported the policies of GWB that you agreed with.
    What's your point?

  10. #110
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: Federal Gay Marriage Ban Is Ruled Unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And this is where your faulty reasoning comes into play. I do not "support" him, I support the policies of his I agree with. I voted for him because I agreed with him on more issues than I agreed with McCain on. Trying to spin it into something it is not is doomed to fail.

    What policies did you agree with McCain on? and why?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •