Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 123

Thread: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

  1. #41
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It does not effect you either Navy, so why do you care?
    Because its my Navy where I spent 21 years of my life and I would be against anything that is detrimental to morale and unit cohesion of the men serving in it...............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #42
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It's not really a major policy change. Gays already serve, some fairly openly. The only significant difference will be that gays do not have to fear saying the wrong thing and getting discharged.
    In 21 years service I have never seen a gay person serve openly....Every gay person I ever knew wis discharged with and undesireable discharge....You served with females...There may be lesbians serving openly, I don't know about that.....If you knew of a gay person serving openly or you had relations with a lesbian and did not report it you were in direct violation of the UCMJ.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #43
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    I am glad to see the DOD put out these surveys on how it effects the men serving.............If the surveys come back backing the repeal of DADT I will not complain about it again....I will say I told you so when the trouble starts...........I hope they break it down by services............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #44
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Except its Obama's fault that this social experimentation is being tried................
    It's not social experimentation Navy. The rest of society deals with gay people just fine. We are way past the point of it being an experiment.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #45
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Because its my Navy where I spent 21 years of my life and I would be against anything that is detrimental to morale and unit cohesion of the men serving in it...............
    And I would be against anything like that too. This however is not that. And the point stands, this does not effect you, so by your logic, your opinion is not of value.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #46
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And I would be against anything like that too. This however is not that. And the point stands, this does not effect you, so by your logic, your opinion is not of value.
    But Navy needs to stand up in defence of Naval personell, who would otherwise be defenceless against the advances of the gays.

  7. #47
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    In 21 years service I have never seen a gay person serve openly....Every gay person I ever knew wis discharged with and undesireable discharge....You served with females...There may be lesbians serving openly, I don't know about that.....If you knew of a gay person serving openly or you had relations with a lesbian and did not report it you were in direct violation of the UCMJ.....
    In 6 years of service(pre-DADT), I knew of 2 gay people, neither advertised it, but neither hid it. It was well known they where gay. Hell, our skipper made a joke about one of them and being gay.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It's not social experimentation Navy. The rest of society deals with gay people just fine. We are way past the point of it being an experiment.
    The rest of society does not have to sleep, shower and dress with gay sailors......huge difference............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #49
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And I would be against anything like that too. This however is not that. And the point stands, this does not effect you, so by your logic, your opinion is not of value.
    We will let the military people decide...If they dump DADT I will live with it and not complain............Can you say the sake if they uphold DADT? I think not..............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #50
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    But Navy needs to stand up in defence of Naval personell, who would otherwise be defenceless against the advances of the gays.
    The military does not need the distraction...They are busy enough with the job they have to do...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •