Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 123

Thread: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

  1. #21
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I don't know your husband or what branch of the service he is in...........I do know that in the Navy it won't work............
    Ok - walk me through your mindset so I can understand how you're thinking about this.

    If they repealed it and let gays serve openly, say, starting tomorrow - how would that effect your work-situation? Just what exactly *would* change for you?
    right away probably nothing . . . so what problems do you forsee happening in, say, a week - a month - a year?

    And, in these problems/situation - how would you deal with it?
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #22
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    See bad guy, shoot bad guy. That's what they do.
    Is that what we do?

  3. #23
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Is that what we do?
    Yep, that's all you do!
    *siiiigh* It's disarming, almost.

    Sounds simple enough even a fat guy can do it.

    *har har*

    Or, well, unless your General is more concerned with civilian casualities than yours - then you'd just be "sit still and be shot at" har har.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #24
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Its about time we found out the troops in the field about this issue instead of the talking heads in Washington....

    Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey - CNN.com

    Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" surveyFrom Barbara Starr, CNNJuly 7, 2010 4:15 p.m. EDT

    Washington (CNN) -- The Pentagon on Wednesday began sending out to troops a survey of more than 100 questions seeking their views on the impact of repealing the "don't ask, don't tell" restrictions prohibiting gays and lesbians from openly serving in the U.S. military.

    An administration official confirmed to CNN that the survey is being sent to 200,000 active duty troops and 200,000 reserve troops. The official declined to be identified because the survey has not officially been made public.
    SO in other words, when the Obama administration gave the Pentagon a year to study the issue, it was a good thing. Come on Navy, say it...Obama did a good thing. You can do it!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #25
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    No skin off your ass my left wing friend.....Why should you care...It does not affect you.........
    It does not effect you either Navy, so why do you care?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #26
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I think this is right...

    However why don't we send out a survey on their opinions on the War in Afghanistan and Iraq, and if they don't like it... shouldn't they get to leave?

    Not contradicting your point just wanna know.




    Sure, we would probably vote to stay until we win, thats how we rolled.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #27
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Huge difference my left wing friend....They sign up to fight our wars not to be used for social experimentation by a far out left wing administration who could give a **** less about them............
    1) There is no social experimentation. The rest of the country handles openly gay people just fine.

    2) They do not sign up "to fight wars", they sign up to serve their country.

    3) The whole left hates the troops thing is old and retarded. A lot of the left in fact served this country and proudly.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #28
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Because they're getting blown up, shot at and mentally ****ed with 24/7 for 6, 12 and 18 months. it's just NOT the time to alter the way things are structured and handled

    I don't support ANY major policy change during such a time - it's bad enough swapping out Generals . . . add onto that a heavy policy component that's controversial. I think it could easily wait 'til after the war - and maybe cases and issues between now and ___ be simply put on hold and ignored - processed later.
    It's not really a major policy change. Gays already serve, some fairly openly. The only significant difference will be that gays do not have to fear saying the wrong thing and getting discharged.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #29
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    First of all 86 senators voted to take Saddam out and your daddy "Slick Willie" called for regime change...Second your other daddy Hussein Obama just sent 30,000 troops to Afghanistan, third you are clueless what its like to live in a space a little bigger then your living room with 100 other men.......Fourth our military is there to fight our wars and not to be used as a social experiment.........
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I don't know your husband or what branch of the service he is in...........I do know that in the Navy it won't work............
    I have lived in those spaces, and I have served in the navy, and it will work.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #30
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon sends out "don't ask, don't tell" survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Sure, we would probably vote to stay until we win, thats how we rolled.
    Well played. The military likes to win.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •