Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Final 'climategate' report released

  1. #21
    Lurker
    iangb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Final 'climategate' report released

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The whole global warming massive crisis "oh my god we are all gonna die" thing has kinda settled down...ya notice that? Why...you would ALMOST think it was just like abortion...a hotbutton issue that politicians only use when they are trying to get reelected and scientists only use it to get their **** funded...

    Ya know...I dont think these people are liars. I think they are true believers...they honestly believe this bull****. the problem is...all of their 'evidence' is flawed and falls flat and they know it and it frustrates the hell out of them. See...thats the problem...when you make a cake out of dog **** it still smells like dog **** and so you have to disguise it...add frosting...but sooner or later other people catch on to it so you have to add more frosting...and more...but it STILL smells like dog **** and you just cant understand why this cake that you WANT to smell good and taste good still smells like ****...and then when people demand to see the ingredients you say hell no...because you know then people will know that the major staple in your cake is dog****. So instead you entice other true believers to have little bites...and they taste the frosting but deep down they REALLY know its dog****...but they have to cling to their true belief...so they pretend it doesnt taste like **** and smell like ****...but everyone knows...and thats really really ****ty...because they realize they have been peddling this **** and even eating this **** for so long...and if they stop they would just look even MORE stupid...but maybe...juuuuuuust maybe...one day it will smell good...and taste good...and THEN they will be vindicated...
    No evidence, just a rambling extended metaphor?

    As for the 'massive crisis' - it's still going on. It's just that the media has got bored - there's far less 'controvosy' to report now so they don't pay as much attention. They do it all the time there's still a certain oil pipe that BP have yet to plug, but I haven't seen that story in the news for a good few days now.
    The truth may be out there, but lies are in your head. ~Terry Pratchett

  2. #22
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Final 'climategate' report released

    ...nobody is saying we're all going to die. This straw man is so old it's turning into a mold-man.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #23
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,729

    Re: Final 'climategate' report released

    Quote Originally Posted by iangb View Post
    No evidence, just a rambling extended metaphor?

    As for the 'massive crisis' - it's still going on. It's just that the media has got bored - there's far less 'controvosy' to report now so they don't pay as much attention. They do it all the time there's still a certain oil pipe that BP have yet to plug, but I haven't seen that story in the news for a good few days now.
    Sure...I'll post 20 links from an anti warming site that supports my view and you post 20...it will be a GREAT exercise in mutual masturbation and accomplish exactly nothing.

    that rambling metaphor pretty accurately expressed what I think about the whole thing. Do with it what you will. Now...I know you are VERY open minded...right? (sorry...I just snorted out a little coffee out of my nose when I wrote that) So...you being a reasoned...rational, thinking and unbiased type...you have a MUCH better explanation as to why in their emails they express frustration that the evidence doesnt show what they expect it to show...why they have to trick data to get it to say what they want it to say...and on and on and on...

    true believers...God love em...

  4. #24
    Lurker
    iangb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Final 'climategate' report released

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Sure...I'll post 20 links from an anti warming site that supports my view and you post 20...it will be a GREAT exercise in mutual masturbation and accomplish exactly nothing.

    that rambling metaphor pretty accurately expressed what I think about the whole thing. Do with it what you will. Now...I know you are VERY open minded...right? (sorry...I just snorted out a little coffee out of my nose when I wrote that) So...you being a reasoned...rational, thinking and unbiased type...you have a MUCH better explanation as to why in their emails they express frustration that the evidence doesnt show what they expect it to show...why they have to trick data to get it to say what they want it to say...and on and on and on...

    true believers...God love em...
    All you're doing is showing that you haven't read into the matter further than the right-wing blogosphere. You are just as guilty as anyone of interpreting the available evidence in a way that support your presuppositions.
    The truth may be out there, but lies are in your head. ~Terry Pratchett

  5. #25
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,729

    Re: Final 'climategate' report released

    Quote Originally Posted by iangb View Post
    All you're doing is showing that you haven't read into the matter further than the right-wing blogosphere. You are just as guilty as anyone of interpreting the available evidence in a way that support your presuppositions.
    Actually I have read far more from both sides than you could ever possibly imagine nor would believe. Climate change isnt a mystery to mankind...its occured since the earth was formed and we have had climates. The only mystery is how people can be so completely gullible as to accept that we have HAD these undeniable historical events but THIS one...to whatever extent it is...THIS one is caused by man.

    And heres the truly sad part...BECAUSE there have been so many lies and overexaggerations and flat out deceptions coupled with the do as I say not as I do behaviors of douchebags like Al Gore, the common ground we could find...you and me...you know...pollution controls...improving air quality, rivers, etc...gets lost in the 17 foot walls of water

    If the proof they had was real and legit they would be PROUD of it...up front about it...they wouldnt be planting temp sensors on blacktops and next to air conditioning exhaust vents. They wouldnt be tricking computer models.

    But you go on and believe whatever you want.
    Last edited by VanceMack; 07-08-10 at 07:24 PM.

  6. #26
    Lurker
    iangb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Final 'climategate' report released

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Actually I have read far more from both sides than you could ever possibly imagine nor would believe. Climate change isnt a mystery to mankind...its occured since the earth was formed and we have had climates. The only mystery is how people can be so completely gullible as to accept that we have HAD these undeniable historical events but THIS one...to whatever extent it is...THIS one is caused by man.

    And heres the truly sad part...BECAUSE there have been so many lies and overexaggerations and flat out deceptions coupled with the do as I say not as I do behaviors of douchebags like Al Gore, the common ground we could find...you and me...you know...pollution controls...improving air quality, rivers, etc...gets lost in the 17 foot walls of water

    If the proof they had was real and legit they would be PROUD of it...up front about it...they wouldnt be planting temp sensors on blacktops and next to air conditioning exhaust vents. They wouldnt be tricking computer models.

    But you go on and believe whatever you want.
    Have a look at mankind's total population over the course of history; note how it exponentially increaces over the last couple of centuaries.
    Have a look at the gasses that contribute to global warming, and then compare that what we've been releasing ever since the Industrial Revolution.
    Have a look at the large hole in the ozone layer (or, y'know, scans of it) - and have a look at the tactics used by the CFC-producing companies of the time, protesting that mankind couldn't possibly be affecting it. Compare them to today's arguments against AGW, and note all the similarities.

    That should show you why this time, it was probably our fault. We've damaged the atmosphere once already - and the only reason that that one didn't get argued about quite so much was because one of the big CFC producers aquired the rights to mass-produce a sellable replacement for them, and happily switched sides in the argument. Huma population has skyrockedted in recent times - and we've been spewing out just the gasses which are easilly provable to have a warming effect.

    As for 'real and legit proof' - have a look at the IPCC report and scientists attitudes towards it - 'proud of it' might not quite be the right description, but 'in overwhelming support of it' certainly does.
    Last edited by iangb; 07-08-10 at 07:58 PM.
    The truth may be out there, but lies are in your head. ~Terry Pratchett

  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: Final 'climategate' report released

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Just a weird observation here from me - I find it quite interesting that many of those who are accusing scientists of coverups and manipulation of data were so quick to defend the manipulation of data that led us into Iraq, without even blinking an eye, or asking a single question.
    It's a good thing I'm not one of those people defending incomplete data regarding Iraq. What we can learn from the Iraq mistake is that international consensus does not equal truth or infallibility. The majority of the world saw Sadam as a thread and believed he had WMDs.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •