Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Final 'climategate' report released

  1. #11
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Final 'climategate' report released

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Until they allow climate skeptics to preform an independent search into all the info then I will never believe that these liars are vindicated. Anyone can "vindicate" themselves with "independent" reports into the issue when those looking into it are biased themselves and desperately want these guys to not come off as liars.
    Data available from CRU

    Have at it.

    If the skeptics want more than that, they'll have to go cut up some trees themselves.
    Last edited by Deuce; 07-07-10 at 07:33 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #12
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Final 'climategate' report released

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Al Gore is not a scientists and he doesn't do scientific research. The CRU project that is the subject of this "controversy" is a historical temperature reconstruction based on tree-ring data. Gore has nothing to do with this.



    There's more to climate research than temperature reconstructions from tree rings. You can dump the whole tree ring idea if you like, there's still tons of evidence pointing towards man-made increase in global temperatures.
    I was just using that one thing as an example of how there is evidence on ALL sides of the possible issue pointing in completely oppsite directions.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  3. #13
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: Final 'climategate' report released

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Data available from CRU

    Have at it.

    If the skeptics want more than that, they'll have to go cut up some trees themselves.
    Global warming: An inquiry that doesn't look at the science cannot understand Climategate
    I would encourage you to look at other sources. The science behind climategate wasn't even looked at. These guys vindicated them without even looking at the very thing that was accused to be flawed. I'll look at the CRU data, but how can I know it isn't manipulated or fraudulent when these investigations don't even look into it?
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  4. #14
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Final 'climategate' report released

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Global warming: An inquiry that doesn't look at the science cannot understand Climategate
    I would encourage you to look at other sources. The science behind climategate wasn't even looked at. These guys vindicated them without even looking at the very thing that was accused to be flawed. I'll look at the CRU data, but how can I know it isn't manipulated or fraudulent when these investigations don't even look into it?
    They don't look into the scientific methodology, only whether or not the data was manipulated. The data was not manipulated, period.
    The methodology gets looked at in the peer-review process. The papers published are freely available.

    People who don't understand the scientific process shouldn't pre-judge its outcome.
    Last edited by Deuce; 07-07-10 at 07:43 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #15
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: Final 'climategate' report released

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    They don't look into the scientific methodology, only whether or not the data was manipulated. The data was not manipulated, period.
    The methodology gets looked at in the peer-review process. The papers published are freely available.

    People who don't understand the scientific process shouldn't pre-judge its outcome.
    I believe the data was manipulated, and it's evident in the emails. Again, they are setting up their own people to vindicate themselves. If they are truly innocent then why don't they allow a group of skeptics to look into everything? Common sense would say they desperately need to cover up their lies, and thus they set up investigations that will vindicate them. Would you trust an independent panel of hardcore conservative Republicans to vindicate a Republican who was accused of lying?
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #16
    Lurker
    iangb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Final 'climategate' report released

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I believe the data was manipulated, and it's evident in the emails. Again, they are setting up their own people to vindicate themselves. If they are truly innocent then why don't they allow a group of skeptics to look into everything? Common sense would say they desperately need to cover up their lies, and thus they set up investigations that will vindicate them. Would you trust an independent panel of hardcore conservative Republicans to vindicate a Republican who was accused of lying?
    The problem with this is twofold.

    Firstly, the UEA set up the inquiry - but only so far as to ask Muir Russel to chair it and then stepped back. Muir was quoted at the time as saying "My first task is to scope the project, gather the information I need and source the additional expertise that will be required in order to investigate fully the allegations that have been made." - he then went on to set up the rest of the investigation. As you can see from his wiki page, he has very reason to be biased.

    Secondly, you're saying "they were probably all biased". That's not the same as giving evidence that they were.
    The truth may be out there, but lies are in your head. ~Terry Pratchett

  7. #17
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Final 'climategate' report released

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I believe the data was manipulated, and it's evident in the emails. Again, they are setting up their own people to vindicate themselves. If they are truly innocent then why don't they allow a group of skeptics to look into everything? Common sense would say they desperately need to cover up their lies, and thus they set up investigations that will vindicate them. Would you trust an independent panel of hardcore conservative Republicans to vindicate a Republican who was accused of lying?
    Skeptics have been given access to their data. Funny how that never gets talked about.
    The emails are out of context and misrepresented. There's still that issue about the other thousands of scientists in other fields and other projects with evidence pointing towards AGW. Did all of them manipulate data? How did they all do it in a manner that doesn't contradict eachother?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #18
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: Final 'climategate' report released

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I believe the data was manipulated, and it's evident in the emails. Again, they are setting up their own people to vindicate themselves. If they are truly innocent then why don't they allow a group of skeptics to look into everything? Common sense would say they desperately need to cover up their lies, and thus they set up investigations that will vindicate them. Would you trust an independent panel of hardcore conservative Republicans to vindicate a Republican who was accused of lying?
    Just a weird observation here from me - I find it quite interesting that many of those who are accusing scientists of coverups and manipulation of data were so quick to defend the manipulation of data that led us into Iraq, without even blinking an eye, or asking a single question.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #19
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Final 'climategate' report released

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Just a weird observation here from me - I find it quite interesting that many of those who are accusing scientists of coverups and manipulation of data were so quick to defend the manipulation of data that led us into Iraq, without even blinking an eye, or asking a single question.
    They aren't asking questions about the "evidence" of data manipulation either. They want to believe it's true, so they just accept whatever they read off a blog or Daily Mail as gospel.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #20
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,745

    Re: Final 'climategate' report released

    The whole global warming massive crisis "oh my god we are all gonna die" thing has kinda settled down...ya notice that? Why...you would ALMOST think it was just like abortion...a hotbutton issue that politicians only use when they are trying to get reelected and scientists only use it to get their **** funded...

    Ya know...I dont think these people are liars. I think they are true believers...they honestly believe this bull****. the problem is...all of their 'evidence' is flawed and falls flat and they know it and it frustrates the hell out of them. See...thats the problem...when you make a cake out of dog **** it still smells like dog **** and so you have to disguise it...add frosting...but sooner or later other people catch on to it so you have to add more frosting...and more...but it STILL smells like dog **** and you just cant understand why this cake that you WANT to smell good and taste good still smells like ****...and then when people demand to see the ingredients you say hell no...because you know then people will know that the major staple in your cake is dog****. So instead you entice other true believers to have little bites...and they taste the frosting but deep down they REALLY know its dog****...but they have to cling to their true belief...so they pretend it doesnt taste like **** and smell like ****...but everyone knows...and thats really really ****ty...because they realize they have been peddling this **** and even eating this **** for so long...and if they stop they would just look even MORE stupid...but maybe...juuuuuuust maybe...one day it will smell good...and taste good...and THEN they will be vindicated...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •