Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55

Thread: Hawaii Gov. Vetoes Same-Sex Civil Unions Bill

  1. #11
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,028

    Re: Hawaii Gov. Vetoes Same-Sex Civil Unions Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You're against giving people equal rights!? It's not even about protecting a word for you, it's literally about your thinking that homosexuals are not worthy of the same treatment as you.

    "The voters should decide" is just an excuse to cover bigotry. The people of Hawaii did decide when they elected their representatives.
    I don't have the right to marry a man either.

  2. #12
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Hawaii Gov. Vetoes Same-Sex Civil Unions Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I don't have the right to marry a man either.
    So you're all for sham marriages and not marriages based on love and support then, right?

  3. #13
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,714

    Re: Hawaii Gov. Vetoes Same-Sex Civil Unions Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I don't have the right to marry a man either.
    Way to read the thread. This discussion is about civil unions and the rights they confer.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #14
    Advisor BCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    598

    Re: Hawaii Gov. Vetoes Same-Sex Civil Unions Bill

    I've always thought that the people against Gay marriage were against it because Marriage was "sacred". Now a bill comes along just giving them equal rights, just the same rights as married people but it wasn't marriage and they still shoot it down.

    It's rather clear to me this isn't some "marriage is sacred" thing. This is a "gay people are 2nd to straight people and don't deserve the same rights"

  5. #15
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Hawaii Gov. Vetoes Same-Sex Civil Unions Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You're against giving people equal rights!? It's not even about protecting a word for you, it's literally about your thinking that homosexuals are not worthy of the same treatment as you.

    "The voters should decide" is just an excuse to cover bigotry. The people of Hawaii did decide when they elected their representatives.
    Although I doubt that the electorate were presented with this particular question, directly.

    My personal opinion is that Lesbian and other Homosexual people should all be put into special enclaves, such that they can live and do what they want without contaminating the rest of humanity.
    But I am able to see that while that may be my opinion, it may not be the opinion of everyone.
    IMO the Governor of hawaii (who probably does not have the same thoughts as do I regarding the disposition of these deviants) is of the opinion that her thoughts might be different from the electorates thoughts.
    She is correct that this question should be put to the people.
    Last edited by jujuman13; 07-07-10 at 03:32 PM.

  6. #16
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,714

    Re: Hawaii Gov. Vetoes Same-Sex Civil Unions Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Although I doubt that the electorate were presented with this particular question, directly.

    My personal opinion is that Lesbian and other Homosexual people should all be put into special enclaves, such that they can live and do what they want without contaminating the rest of humanity.
    But I am able to see that while that may be my opinion, it may not be the opinion of everyone.
    IMO the Governor of hawaii (who probably does not have the same thoughts as do I regarding the disposition of these deviants) is of the opinion that her thoughts might be different from the electorates thoughts.
    She is correct that this question should be put to the people.
    Why should civil rights of a minority be put to majority vote?
    Why not dump this whole Republic thing and just go direct democracy? Who makes you arbiter of what goes to legislature and what goes to referendum?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #17
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Hawaii Gov. Vetoes Same-Sex Civil Unions Bill

    When people go against Gay marriage saying that it violates the sanctity of marriage, I think of tabloids and all those sham marriages. I don't really get how a loving partnership between two people of the same gender is below legal recognition, but those other relations aren't.
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Hawaii Gov. Vetoes Same-Sex Civil Unions Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    My personal opinion is that Lesbian and other Homosexual people should all be put into special enclaves, such that they can live and do what they want without contaminating the rest of humanity.
    How do gay people contaminate the rest of humanity when the divorce rate of over 50% belongs to heterosexuals?

  9. #19
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Hawaii Gov. Vetoes Same-Sex Civil Unions Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Why should civil rights of a minority be put to majority vote?
    Why not dump this whole Republic thing and just go direct democracy? Who makes you arbiter of what goes to legislature and what goes to referendum?
    I do not now nor ever have claimed to be the arbiter of what does or does not go before the legislature or what goes to a referendum.
    It might have been sensible had you undertood that when I wrote " My personal opinion " I was actually saying what is in MY mind, I freely admit (thankfully) I have no idea what goes on in your mind.

  10. #20
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Hawaii Gov. Vetoes Same-Sex Civil Unions Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    How do gay people contaminate the rest of humanity when the divorce rate of over 50% belongs to heterosexuals?
    If you will but note I did write 'My personal opinion'.
    Do tell how you manage to misinterpret the meaning of those three words?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •