Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 127

Thread: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    09-20-10 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    198

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    I don't and never have. What evidence do you have of this? If you are going to make moronic statements at least have the courtesy of backing them up with facts.
    I guess I can't expect people to understand sarcasm on the internet. For more information: Why do you hate America?

    All i'm saying is in the grand scheme of partisan politics, Joe got off pretty damn easy. Book deal, speeches, conventions...yea i'd say he's done alright for himself. It also pisses me off that every time I disagree with the conservative talk radio zombies i'm labeled a "liberal". I have no problems with liberals, but I come from a family of libertarians and have never voted for a democrat (or a republican) in my life. I've never understood why thats such a last ditch argument, does that mean that if you label your opponent a liberal, their opinion is somehow less valid?

  2. #62
    Student Frozengale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    11-23-10 @ 04:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    161

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Oh for God's sake.

    So if you have video if a man robbing a grocery store at gunpoint by your own argument you can't conclude that the DA in the case has a solid convinction at hand?
    Why would the DA want to make a conviction? Doesn't the DA defend the guy? Do you mean the Prosecutor? He's the one that wants to make a case against him isn't he? But either way I know what you're saying and yes he would have a very solid case against the guy. And like you said we have video evidence against the Black Panthers.... but the problem is that it's two separate issues here. The damning evidence against the Black Panthers is not damning evidence against the Justice Department. The accusation against them by one of their own is good enough evidence to investigate the matter, but it is not damning evidence. That's my point.

  3. #63
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by somepeoplesay View Post
    I guess I can't expect people to understand sarcasm on the internet. For more information: Why do you hate America?

    All i'm saying is in the grand scheme of partisan politics, Joe got off pretty damn easy. Book deal, speeches, conventions...yea i'd say he's done alright for himself. It also pisses me off that every time I disagree with the conservative talk radio zombies i'm labeled a "liberal". I have no problems with liberals, but I come from a family of libertarians and have never voted for a democrat (or a republican) in my life. I've never understood why thats such a last ditch argument, does that mean that if you label your opponent a liberal, their opinion is somehow less valid?
    Your attitude is fuels the persona you display.

    The very fact you said he "got off easy" screams liberal. He asked a question for God's sake and was pummeled for it. He didn't gain fame until AFTER the question and the media attacks. He wasn't an operative or spy. He was a guy who asked the president an uncomfortable question for someone taking a hard left candidacy.

    And no it doesn't mean that you being a liberal lessons your opinion but it does expose your bias.
    Last edited by texmaster; 07-08-10 at 04:37 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    09-20-10 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    198

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    OK...2 things...

    1-I have to point out the obvious..you say the media doesnt 'play this game' with the republicans...then you cite three examples reported on BY THE MEDIA...
    and
    2-Do you think the media attention you already cited them as receiving would increase if those candidates were well known national level candidates running for president?
    These are very small media outlets, nothing like the leviathan that is FNC beating the Jeremiah Wright narrative to death night after night. I mean, what do you expect? Do you want me to go out and do my own research, break the story perhaps? Of course I would have to link to some kind of media to prove a point like this. If they were national level it would be reported by MSNBC and probably no one else, but regardless I think guilt by association stories (not including where the candidate actually is a supremacist) are the bottom rung of attack politics and shouldn't be discussed by the mainstream news media. It's just a waste of time, who cares who Obama worked with as a professor, or who was at the same fundraiser with him? To me the people who say Obama is a racist because of Rev. Wright are just as bad as the birthers.

  5. #65
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozengale View Post
    Why would the DA want to make a conviction? Doesn't the DA defend the guy? Do you mean the Prosecutor? He's the one that wants to make a case against him isn't he? But either way I know what you're saying and yes he would have a very solid case against the guy. And like you said we have video evidence against the Black Panthers.... but the problem is that it's two separate issues here. The damning evidence against the Black Panthers is not damning evidence against the Justice Department. The accusation against them by one of their own is good enough evidence to investigate the matter, but it is not damning evidence. That's my point.
    My God. The DA represents the people of the county or city he practices. Of course he wants a conviction for such an obvious crime.

    I'll simplify it even more for you.

    Did they block the entrace to the voting place? Yes according to several witnesses. Clearly breaking the law.

    Did they have a weapon in their hand in front of a polling place? Yes obviously seen in the video. Clearly breaking the law.

    There is no ambiguity.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    09-20-10 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    198

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Your attitude is fuels the persona you display.

    The very fact you said he "got off easy" screams liberal. He asked a question for God's sake and was pummeled for it. He didn't gain fame until AFTER the question and the media attacks. He wasn't an operative or spy. He was a guy who asked the president an uncomfortable question for someone taking a hard left candidacy.

    And no it doesn't mean that you being a liberal lessons your opinion but it does expose your bias.
    In the grand scheme of things, I think conservatives are much more close-minded in their bias then liberals. At least most of the liberals I know are willing to question their own position, where as the conservatives I know are much more apprehensive to opposing views. But back on topic, I remember this whole Joe the Plumber fiasco very clearly as I was actually working for a news media outlet during the election (I won't say which because some people on here would label it as verrry biased ). Joe the Plumber was immediately ascended as John McCain's savior by Fox and Talk Radio, and by extension all the media outlets were talking about him. This heinous background check didn't happen until AFTER he became a conservative hero, and it was the conservatives who gave him fame for that one little question.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozengale View Post
    Depends on what they preach. Wright is known for saying things that aren't exactly on the "Let's all be friends, Race doesn't matter" line of thinking. If I got stuff like that from the church I go to each week from the guy on the pulpit, I would think you an idiot not to question if I was racist or not after 20 years of that.
    Exactly, going to a church preaching liberation theology is the equivalent of going to a church preaching Christian Identity.

  8. #68
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by somepeoplesay View Post
    In the grand scheme of things, I think conservatives are much more close-minded in their bias then liberals. At least most of the liberals I know are willing to question their own position, where as the conservatives I know are much more apprehensive to opposing views.
    Color me shocked.

    But back on topic, I remember this whole Joe the Plumber fiasco very clearly as I was actually working for a news media outlet during the election (I won't say which because some people on here would label it as verrry biased ).
    Again, color me shocked.

    Joe the Plumber was immediately ascended as John McCain's savior by Fox and Talk Radio, and by extension all the media outlets were talking about him. This heinous background check didn't happen until AFTER he became a conservative hero, and it was the conservatives who gave him fame for that one little question.
    Bull****. The headline attacks were less than 24 hours. There wasn't time for this guy to be hoisted up by the right.

    But considering your bias I'm not surprised you don't see that
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I dont really think the rev Wright is a black supremacist...he IS however a racist and uses hate rhetoric to pander to his peeps.
    Have you ever read the Church's mission statement?

  10. #70
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozengale View Post
    Why would the DA want to make a conviction? Doesn't the DA defend the guy? Do you mean the Prosecutor? He's the one that wants to make a case against him isn't he? But either way I know what you're saying and yes he would have a very solid case against the guy. And like you said we have video evidence against the Black Panthers.... but the problem is that it's two separate issues here. The damning evidence against the Black Panthers is not damning evidence against the Justice Department. The accusation against them by one of their own is good enough evidence to investigate the matter, but it is not damning evidence. That's my point.
    the da is the prosecutor.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •