Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 127

Thread: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    09-20-10 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    198

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Thats not all you said. As usual you only present half of the truth. The other half was your quote:



    The very fact you claim he "got off easy" by having his life probed illegally by Obama supporters for simply disagreeing with Obama on camera tells us all we need to know about how you really feel about him and your inability to understand how going after him was completely unjustified by the far left.
    He absolutely did get a pretty good deal in the end, I will not back down from that assertion. Now do I support these ruthless attack politics? No, I don't, but both parties are guilty of using sleazy tactics for political gain. It's not just the "far left" (spoiler alert: the Democrats are not far left!) or the right. What about James O'Keefe heavily doctoring that ACORN video to run them out of business, causing countless people (many of whom are poor) to lose their jobs? To me, that is a far greater tragedy then someone using illegal tactics to expose Joe as a phony.

    I have a feeling that in the grand scheme of things, Joe the plumber is happy that he got all that media attention, he obviously is, why else would he continually put himself on television and give speeches after the fact?

    We've gotten pretty far off topic here though. I've watched that tape that is circulating on Fox and the conservative blogs, and yes it's terrifying. The man saying these awful things was also the only person charged with anything in the DOJ case, so you should be glad for that. I will say this though, crying for him to be charged with "treason" is ridiculous, if white supremacists and neo-nazi's can march through American cities with police protection, the NBPP can certainly say those awful things without legislative reprisal.
    Last edited by somepeoplesay; 07-12-10 at 10:59 PM.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    09-20-10 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    198

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    "exaggerate"? All I said was that they dug up dirt on him and took attention away from the question that he asked. How is that an exaggeration?

    Anyhoo, you supported your arguement by quoting yourself, lol.
    well sorry, maybe I confused you with texmaster. And hey I agree that they dug up dirt on him using illegal tactics, but thats it. It wasn't a coordinated far-left/socialist/marxist plot to destroy Joe the plumber, it's actually pretty standard attack politics. You have to discredit your enemy in any way, talk radio does this on a daily basis, as do MSNBC and FOX, Joe certainly wasn't the first.

  3. #113
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by somepeoplesay View Post
    He absolutely did get a pretty good deal in the end, I will not back down from that assertion. Now do I support these ruthless attack politics? No, I don't, but both parties are guilty of using sleazy tactics for political gain. It's not just the "far left" (spoiler alert: the Democrats are not far left!) or the right. What about James O'Keefe heavily doctoring that ACORN video to run them out of business, causing countless people (many of whom are poor) to lose their jobs? To me, that is a far greater tragedy then someone using illegal tactics to expose Joe as a phony.

    I have a feeling that in the grand scheme of things, Joe the plumber is happy that he got all that media attention, he obviously is, why else would he continually put himself on television and give speeches after the fact?

    We've gotten pretty far off topic here though. I've watched that tape that is circulating on Fox and the conservative blogs, and yes it's terrifying. The man saying these awful things was also the only person charged with anything in the DOJ case, so you should be glad for that. I will say this though, crying for him to be charged with "treason" is ridiculous, if white supremacists and neo-nazi's can march through American cities with police protection, the NBPP can certainly say those awful things without legislative reprisal.
    I will say this though, crying for him to be charged with "treason" is ridiculous,
    Well if your referring to my post, I don't want him tried for treason, the charge would be sedition. Treason is when you act upon your threats. BTW this would go for anyone who promotes murder of women and children of any race and revolution through violent means, which this individual professes.

  4. #114
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by somepeoplesay View Post
    well sorry, maybe I confused you with texmaster. And hey I agree that they dug up dirt on him using illegal tactics, but thats it. It wasn't a coordinated far-left/socialist/marxist plot to destroy Joe the plumber, it's actually pretty standard attack politics. You have to discredit your enemy in any way, talk radio does this on a daily basis, as do MSNBC and FOX, Joe certainly wasn't the first.
    As long as they don't break the law, I have no problem with political operatives digging up dirt on someone, but the media dug up dirt on him, big difference.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  5. #115
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    As long as they don't break the law, I have no problem with political operatives digging up dirt on someone, but the media dug up dirt on him, big difference.

    By in large, the media today is the opposition research arm of the Obama campaign.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #116
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    As long as they don't break the law, I have no problem with political operatives digging up dirt on someone, but the media dug up dirt on him, big difference.
    Would this be other political operatives, or do you mean anyone.

  7. #117
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Would this be other political operatives, or do you mean anyone.
    Could you paraphrase that please?
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  8. #118
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    Could you paraphrase that please?
    Like Joe the plumber, would he be a political operative and fall under your rule of thumb. Joe the plumber was approached by Obama and at that time was a private citizen. Grant it he then became a political operative so to speak after being attacked and he is now fair game. Attacking a citizen who asks tough questions or has criticism against a candidate is off limits in my book to personal and political attacks along with background checks not authorized, if this is done then it should be criminal penalty. Now if one jumps into the ring of politics than yes they are fair game.

  9. #119
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Like Joe the plumber, would he be a political operative and fall under your rule of thumb. Joe the plumber was approached by Obama and at that time was a private citizen. Grant it he then became a political operative so to speak after being attacked and he is now fair game. Attacking a citizen who asks tough questions or has criticism against a candidate is off limits in my book to personal and political attacks along with background checks not authorized, if this is done then it should be criminal penalty. Now if one jumps into the ring of politics than yes they are fair game.
    I have no problem with political operatives digging up dirt on him or anyone else as long as they don't break the law. OTOH, if the media does it on Obama's behalf (which they did), it's blatant media bias.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  10. #120
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    The Obama admin is as transparent as a steel curtain, and resembles the propaganda tactics employed by Joseph Goebbels.

    Tim-

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •