Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 127

Thread: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

  1. #101
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,475

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    What's your point, exactly? The issue here is a civil complaint that the DoJ dropped, and my point is that no criminal charges were ever dropped.
    You're incorrect, the crimnal charges were dropped. These two dudes broke the law and walk away, scot free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're incorrect, the crimnal charges were dropped. These two dudes broke the law and walk away, scot free.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Actually, these two black panthers were not only charged with a crime, but they were convicted of a crime.
    Do you see a contradiction there? I haven't heard anything about criminal charges that were dropped or not. If all this nonsense you're talking about is true, please provide some links. Otherwise, you're wrong.

    This just goes to show what a poor grasp you have on the issue. What this whole thread is about are civil suits for injunctions that were dropped, nothing criminal was ever at issue.

  3. #103
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Do you see a contradiction there? I haven't heard anything about criminal charges that were dropped or not. If all this nonsense you're talking about is true, please provide some links. Otherwise, you're wrong.

    This just goes to show what a poor grasp you have on the issue. What this whole thread is about are civil suits for injunctions that were dropped, nothing criminal was ever at issue.
    John Fund: Black Panther Voter Intimidation Case Dropped - WSJ.com

  4. #104
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Do you see a contradiction there? I haven't heard anything about criminal charges that were dropped or not. If all this nonsense you're talking about is true, please provide some links. Otherwise, you're wrong.

    This just goes to show what a poor grasp you have on the issue. What this whole thread is about are civil suits for injunctions that were dropped, nothing criminal was ever at issue.
    One thing for sure if you watch this video this man can be charged with sedition which BTW is a much heavier charge than voter intimidation. What I wonder is how this man is able to acquire a weapon and then advocates the murdering of white women and babies and also advocates revolution.
    'Want freedom? Kill some crackers!'

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    09-20-10 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    198

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    You weren't using it as an example, you used it to support your assertion that the media attacks on Joe were justified. If you trace the discussion back, you used it to support your last sentence in post #66.

    You quoted yourself in support of your arguement.
    God, it's like arguing with a brick wall. I wasn't saying that the "attacks" on Joe the Plumber were justified, I was saying that people like you exagerrate them ad nausem. Can't say i'm suprised.

  6. #106
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by somepeoplesay View Post
    God, it's like arguing with a brick wall. I wasn't saying that the "attacks" on Joe the Plumber were justified, I was saying that people like you exagerrate them ad nausem. Can't say i'm suprised.
    Thats not all you said. As usual you only present half of the truth. The other half was your quote:

    All i'm saying is in the grand scheme of partisan politics, Joe got off pretty damn easy. Book deal, speeches, conventions...yea i'd say he's done alright for himself.
    The very fact you claim he "got off easy" by having his life probed illegally by Obama supporters for simply disagreeing with Obama on camera tells us all we need to know about how you really feel about him and your inability to understand how going after him was completely unjustified by the far left.
    Last edited by texmaster; 07-11-10 at 04:45 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #107
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I remember when this happened during the election. As far as I know, only Fox showed the footage. CNN didn't show it. So, is it surprising that only Fox News is covering this now? But of course, Fox is biased, so the left will be in its usual collective denial that there is a problem because Fox News is not a legitimate news source...
    Very likely Fox was at that time biased, but also very likely MSNBC was also biased against reporting a story that might have caused problems with the Democrats.
    Two sides to a coin.

  8. #108
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by somepeoplesay View Post
    God, it's like arguing with a brick wall. I wasn't saying that the "attacks" on Joe the Plumber were justified, I was saying that people like you exagerrate them ad nausem. Can't say i'm suprised.
    "exaggerate"? All I said was that they dug up dirt on him and took attention away from the question that he asked. How is that an exaggeration?

    Anyhoo, you supported your arguement by quoting yourself, lol.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    I'm not sure if you posted that to disagree with me or not, because the article only goes to my point

    Quote Originally Posted by WSJ
    In the first week of January, the Justice Department filed a civil lawsuit against the New Black Panther Party and three of its members...When none of the defendants filed any response to the complaint or appeared in federal district court in Philadelphia to answer the suit, it appeared almost certain Justice would have prevailed by default. Instead, the department in May suddenly allowed the party and two of the three defendants to walk away. Against the third defendant, Minister King Samir Shabazz, it sought only an injunction barring him from displaying a weapon within 100 feet of a Philadelphia polling place for the next three years—action that's already illegal under existing law.
    Maybe you could explain your point a little better, delta? I don't want to attack your point if you're essentially agreeing with me. I don't think what these New Black Panthers did was right, far from it. But the fact remains that no criminal charges were ever sought against them. That isn't the Justice Department's job anyway, that would have been up to the local sheriff to pursue criminal charges. Here, the feds were only seeking a restraining order (i.e. injunction) to keep the Black Panthers away from the polling places. They got on restraining order. The rest they didn't have enough evidence.

    Just because a defendant doesn't show up for the court date and is in default doesn't mean you automatically get an injunction, plaintiff (here the Justice Dept.) still has to show cause for the injunction. They had an reasonable decision that they didn't have the evidence to show cause, and there could have been any number of reasons for this. Apparently one of the Panthers lived in that very building. It'd be hard to show cause for an injunction to keep a guy away from his own building just because he was standing outside of it wearing paramilitary fatigues. Keep in mind only one guy was carrying a weapon, a billyclub IIRC, and I'd bet dollars to donuts he's the Shabazz that they got the injunction against.

    This is a complete nonissue, that's why the only media outlets carrying it have been Fox News and WSJ. This so-called whistleblower is just trying to make a career for himself as a blogger, and he's probably already got a book deal out of it. It's just a bunch of spin. This was a reasonable decision.

  10. #110
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Ex-Official Accuses Justice Department of Racial Bias in Black Panther Case

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I'm not sure if you posted that to disagree with me or not, because the article only goes to my point



    Maybe you could explain your point a little better, delta? I don't want to attack your point if you're essentially agreeing with me. I don't think what these New Black Panthers did was right, far from it. But the fact remains that no criminal charges were ever sought against them. That isn't the Justice Department's job anyway, that would have been up to the local sheriff to pursue criminal charges. Here, the feds were only seeking a restraining order (i.e. injunction) to keep the Black Panthers away from the polling places. They got on restraining order. The rest they didn't have enough evidence.

    Just because a defendant doesn't show up for the court date and is in default doesn't mean you automatically get an injunction, plaintiff (here the Justice Dept.) still has to show cause for the injunction. They had an reasonable decision that they didn't have the evidence to show cause, and there could have been any number of reasons for this. Apparently one of the Panthers lived in that very building. It'd be hard to show cause for an injunction to keep a guy away from his own building just because he was standing outside of it wearing paramilitary fatigues. Keep in mind only one guy was carrying a weapon, a billyclub IIRC, and I'd bet dollars to donuts he's the Shabazz that they got the injunction against.

    This is a complete nonissue, that's why the only media outlets carrying it have been Fox News and WSJ. This so-called whistleblower is just trying to make a career for himself as a blogger, and he's probably already got a book deal out of it. It's just a bunch of spin. This was a reasonable decision.
    I think what these guys did is a violation of election laws, it is as plain as the nose on my face, voter intimidation a relatively minor charge so I suppose we can ignore this law for now. There will be a day perhaps when this will boil over and become a shooting match and then perhaps we can pull our heads out of the sand. The New Black Panther groups are a militant group that advocates murder and revolution, although I really don't take them seriously and I kind of find it amusing but then again I don't live in Phillie. This will sink the Democrats and the Obama administration even further so perhaps it was a good thing that the DOJ dropped the charges, regardless of the reasons. The American people will come to their own conclusions which will not favor Obama and in his relection campaign, this issue will most likely be in his face.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •