Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 96

Thread: Arizona Candidate: Cut Off Power to Illegal Immigrants

  1. #51
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Arizona Candidate: Cut Off Power to Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are they paying their bill? If not, then cut their asses off. I've had my lights cut off before and no one gave a rat's hairy ass what the weather outside was like when they did it.
    Wait, what? Power companies already shut off your power if you don't pay the bill. This isn't about the bill, it's about the immigrants being illegal. If you know where an illegal lives, can prove they live there, and can prove they are illegal, why would you shut off their power? Why not deport them?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #52
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,878

    Re: Arizona Candidate: Cut Off Power to Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Illegals should be hounded wherever they go until they realize it's better to live in Mexico than to be here illegally. If you think it's harsh, look at how the Mexican handle illegals.
    The Mexican government is very hard on illegals. We're not Mexico.

  3. #53
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Arizona Candidate: Cut Off Power to Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    The Mexican government is very hard on illegals. We're not Mexico.
    So it's ok for them to be hard but we need to be flexible because they are hard, incapable and insufficient?
    So we're just the world's sponge, hmm? Everyone else makes a mess and we clean it up?

    *sings* "Come to the USA . . . "
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #54
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,878

    Re: Arizona Candidate: Cut Off Power to Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    So it's ok for them to be hard but we need to be flexible because they are hard, incapable and insufficient?
    So we're just the world's sponge, hmm? Everyone else makes a mess and we clean it up?

    *sings* "Come to the USA . . . "
    "Give me your tired, your poor,

    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Arizona Candidate: Cut Off Power to Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    What do you think? It sounds over the top to me. Also, many illegals crash with relatives or friends. Isn't this taking matters too far in the fight against illegal immigration?

    FOXNews.com - Arizona Candidate: Cut Off Power to Illegal Immigrants
    I think a better solution would be to never give them services in the first place and to deport them the moment they try and are found to be illegal.

  6. #56
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Arizona Candidate: Cut Off Power to Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    "Give me your tired, your poor,

    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
    I have no problem with us extending help and support and openly accepting a vast amount of people as new citizens.
    But if things are not done within a controlled and reasonable means then things fall apart, the system fails and people suffer.

    And these three things are EXACTLY what's happening - things are falling apart, the system is failing and people ARE suffering.

    We need serious reform - AND serious measures to try to end the problems that have come from the excessive number of illegals who are here.

    For all of this time our immigration process has been regulated - constantly regulated, it was never at any time unregulated because the lack of regulation CAUSES problem rather than PREVENTING them . . . don't you agree?

    What's the point of someone coming to America if they have *no* legal recourse and no rights as a citizen? (hence the SERIOUS need for reform and hence why I don't support just deporting everyone)
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 07-08-10 at 04:17 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #57
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: Arizona Candidate: Cut Off Power to Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    What do you think? It sounds over the top to me. Also, many illegals crash with relatives or friends. Isn't this taking matters too far in the fight against illegal immigration?

    FOXNews.com - Arizona Candidate: Cut Off Power to Illegal Immigrants
    Ain't it funny as hell that certain people scream that we should leave the markets alone, and then, if they have a political agenda, start screaming for government intervention in the marketplace? And they have the unmitigated audacity to call themselves Conservatives? Hah!! These guys are a smear on Conservatism, and are ruining it for all the good Conservatives. They may talk a good game of Conservatism, but when the time comes for pushing their agenda, they turn into Liberals on steroids.
    Last edited by danarhea; 07-08-10 at 04:55 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Arizona Candidate: Cut Off Power to Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Ain't it funny as hell that certain people scream that we should leave the markets alone, and then, if they have a political agenda, start screaming for government intervention? And they call themselves Conservatives? Hah!! These guys are a smear on Conservatism, and are ruining it for all the good Conservatives. They may talk a good game of Conservatism, but when the time comes for pushing their agenda, they turn into Liberals on steroids.
    I disagree. The government should stay out of the economy. National security, however, is the federal bailiwick.

  9. #59
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: Arizona Candidate: Cut Off Power to Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I disagree. The government should stay out of the economy. National security, however, is the federal bailiwick.
    I respectfully disagree with your disagree. National security has nothing to do with who sells legitimately to whom. Want to deal with national security? Then enforce the laws against illegal immigration. Don't tell companies who they can and can't sell to inside our own borders.

    Are you now going to disagree with my disagree to your disagree?
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Arizona Candidate: Cut Off Power to Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I respectfully disagree with your disagree. National security has nothing to do with who sells legitimately to whom. Want to deal with national security? Then enforce the laws against illegal immigration. Don't tell companies who they can and can't sell to inside our own borders.

    Are you now going to disagree with my disagree to your disagree?
    Nope, I agree with your disagree!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •