Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 115

Thread: Obama to invest $2 billion in solar power

  1. #51
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama to invest $2 billion in solar power

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    There isn't a single person that does R&D work that CAN talk to you. Because NDAs are an industry standard.
    Right! Right! yeah...ok! It all make sense, now.

    us common folks are just too stupid to understand, so we needs to just take your word that this is what we need to make our lives better. Am I close?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #52
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Obama to invest $2 billion in solar power

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Right! Right! yeah...ok! It all make sense, now.

    us common folks are just too stupid to understand, so we needs to just take your word that this is what we need to make our lives better. Am I close?
    No, you're totally wrong.

    YOU may be too stupid to understand, I don't know about YOU, but what I'm saying is that I've signed a contract that prohibits me from speaking in detail on the subject -- which is no end of frustrating, because my everyday work would do wonders for making your argument look like grade school bull****.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #53
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama to invest $2 billion in solar power

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Do you not understand what an NDA is?

    I can talk about the subject in general terms, as I've been doing. Beyond that, if you feel like you need to bone up on solar panels, I recommend Google.
    I know exactly what non-disclosure agreements are. I was in the Army for 12 years. I also have three patents in my name.

    But, we're talking about solar panels and I doubt seriously that you've created some super-secret, hi-tech solar panel that is going to make fossil fuels a thing of the past. If you had, you would be marketing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #54
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Obama to invest $2 billion in solar power

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I know exactly what non-disclosure agreements are. I was in the Army for 12 years. I also have three patents in my name.
    Okay, so I was right -- you're not a complete idiot, you're trying to piss me off until you can declare yourself the winner.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, we're talking about solar panels and I doubt seriously that you've created some super-secret, hi-tech solar panel that is going to make fossil fuels a thing of the past. If you had, you would be marketing it.
    Well, you can think whatever you like, but you would in fact be incorrect.

    Just saying.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  5. #55
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama to invest $2 billion in solar power

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    No, you're totally wrong.

    YOU may be too stupid to understand, I don't know about YOU, but what I'm saying is that I've signed a contract that prohibits me from speaking in detail on the subject -- which is no end of frustrating, because my everyday work would do wonders for making your argument look like grade school bull****.
    If that were true, you would be too busy working on your little pet project, vice online bragging about what an R&D goo-roo you are.

    I know, personally, R&D folks who have really created inovations that have revolutionized our society, and they were waaaaay too busy working on those inovations to be online talking smack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #56
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama to invest $2 billion in solar power

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Okay, so I was right -- you're not a complete idiot, you're trying to piss me off until you can declare yourself the winner.



    Well, you can think whatever you like, but you would in fact be incorrect.

    Just saying.
    yeah! Ok! Whatever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama to invest $2 billion in solar power

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Hey Apdst, since when was GE an arm of the government?
    Since they started providing nuclear reactors, jet engines, light bulbs, and practically everythin else they sell to the DoD.

    That means, like, since forever.

    They've always been bent by the political whims of the White House.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    For the same reason the government spends billions of tax payer dollars and create a situation that would force American citizens to spend more of their hard earned money on other power sources like nuclear.
    Here's a truly strange idea:

    Let's make the government obey it's own Constitution, and that will end all this subsidy BS and restore freedom to the marketplace.

    That'll kill solar energy, but only a damn fool would want gallium arsenide on their roofs, anyway. Certainly their neighbors should have a say in whether their properties should be exposed to the risks solar voltaic cells present their health.

  8. #58
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Obama to invest $2 billion in solar power

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If that were true, you would be too busy working on your little pet project, vice online bragging about what an R&D goo-roo you are.
    Everybody takes a weekend every now and again, and I guess you haven't noticed how little time I've spent posting here over the last six months.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I know, personally, R&D folks who have really created inovations that have revolutionized our society, and they were waaaaay too busy working on those inovations to be online talking smack.
    I don't give a damn who you do or don't know. You're making statements that I've seen contradicted by my own work, and you expect me to just let you talk your smack without saying anything?

    Oh, okay.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama to invest $2 billion in solar power

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    People are still figuring out how to best employ solar power to replace our current energy sources.
    Solar CAN'T replace our present energy infrastructure.

    Period.

    These damn things are worthless.



    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    No, it's more like you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about when it comes to alternative energy.
    I've designed solar arrays for satellites.

    Whats your background?

    Oh, and I've run a nuclear power plant, too.

  10. #60
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama to invest $2 billion in solar power

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Everybody takes a weekend every now and again, and I guess you haven't noticed how little time I've spent posting here over the last six months.
    Actually, I haven't given you a moment's ****ing thought.



    I don't give a damn who you do or don't know. You're making statements that I've seen contradicted by my own work, and you expect me to just let you talk your smack without saying anything?

    Oh, okay.
    What the hell are you waiting on? You're ass ****ing the country by not putting your **** on the market and making all our lives better.

    When you're product hits the market, you be sure and let us know. M'k, ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •