Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 111

Thread: Freeway Flag - Display Of Patriotism Or Graffiti?

  1. #81
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,028

    Re: Freeway Flag - Display Of Patriotism Or Graffiti?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Dont be so on the offensive.

    I was saying your post owned these double standard folks when it comes to the illegallity of illegal immigrants and the illegality of non-offensive graffiti.
    Sorry, mis understood your post. I agree that there is many double standards applied to which laws are ok to enforce and which ones are ok to ignore. Again, sorry and will try not to react so quickly.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  2. #82
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Freeway Flag - Display Of Patriotism Or Graffiti?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Yeah, just not french quitter culture.

    Don't you have something to run away from?
    I've always wondered where this "LOL FRENCH SURRENDER" thing comes from. They've fought and won more wars than we have by a long shot. In WW2 they were overrun and occupied by a vastly superior force, but they kept fighting the entire time and supplied critical intelligence to the Allies. During the D-day invasion, the French resistance had cut rail lines and telephone exchanges to slow down German response and deployment. This meme only holds up if your history is weak and only goes back 60 years.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #83
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Freeway Flag - Display Of Patriotism Or Graffiti?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I've always wondered where this "LOL FRENCH SURRENDER" thing comes from. They've fought and won more wars than we have by a long shot. In WW2 they were overrun and occupied by a vastly superior force, but they kept fighting the entire time and supplied critical intelligence to the Allies. During the D-day invasion, the French resistance had cut rail lines and telephone exchanges to slow down German response and deployment. This meme only holds up if your history is weak and only goes back 60 years.
    What happened with France in WW1?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #84
    Advisor LimeLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    01-15-12 @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    343

    Re: Freeway Flag - Display Of Patriotism Or Graffiti?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I've always wondered where this "LOL FRENCH SURRENDER" thing comes from. They've fought and won more wars than we have by a long shot. In WW2 they were overrun and occupied by a vastly superior force
    Thats where it comes from. People don't know anything about Napoleon other then he was some short french dude.

  5. #85
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Freeway Flag - Display Of Patriotism Or Graffiti?

    Quote Originally Posted by LimeLight View Post
    Thats where it comes from. People don't know anything about Napoleon other then he was some short french dude.
    And Waterloo is in Afghanistan.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #86
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Freeway Flag - Display Of Patriotism Or Graffiti?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I've always wondered where this "LOL FRENCH SURRENDER" thing comes from. They've fought and won more wars than we have by a long shot. In WW2 they were overrun and occupied by a vastly superior force, but they kept fighting the entire time and supplied critical intelligence to the Allies. During the D-day invasion, the French resistance had cut rail lines and telephone exchanges to slow down German response and deployment. This meme only holds up if your history is weak and only goes back 60 years.
    How did the French do in Vietnam and Algeria? It comes from the fact in the last century the French sucked at fighting wars.

  7. #87
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Freeway Flag - Display Of Patriotism Or Graffiti?

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    How did the French do in Vietnam and Algeria? It comes from the fact in the last century the French sucked at fighting wars.
    How did the Americans do in Vietnam...

  8. #88
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Freeway Flag - Display Of Patriotism Or Graffiti?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    How did the Americans do in Vietnam...
    Yeah I know we didn't fare much better. I was just saying that is another place the French also surrender came from. Hell at least we got some wins.

  9. #89
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Freeway Flag - Display Of Patriotism Or Graffiti?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    How did the Americans do in Vietnam...
    In Vietnam, we trained and equipped the South for a conventional fight while they were fighting COIN (then when the conventional fight came, we pulled the rug out from under them logistically for political reasons.) The SV actually fought fairly well until they ran out of ammo and gas.

    We didn't lose **** in Vietnam. We left in 73 - Vietnam fell in 75
    Last edited by ric27; 07-04-10 at 02:34 PM.

  10. #90
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Freeway Flag - Display Of Patriotism Or Graffiti?

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    In Vietnam, we trained and equipped the South for a conventional fight while they were fighting COIN (then when the conventional fight came, we pulled the rug out from under them logistically for political reasons.) The SV actually fought fairly well until they ran out of ammo and gas.

    We didn't lose **** in Vietnam. We left in 73 - Vietnam fell in 75
    You don't call the deaths of almost 60,000 Americans in exchange for no palpable gain a loss?

    Oh, okay.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •