Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 264

Thread: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

  1. #221
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Which version of the Constitution does it violate, the original one that said only well organized militia could carry guns, or the revised one backed by the NRA that allows anyone and everybody to carry one?

    ricksfolly
    Right...they created a Bill of Rights for the sake of organized militias and NOT the rights of the individuals...

    If the framers of the constitution saw the willingness that so many of todays crippled and dependent pets so willingly give up their rights and beg big government to take care of them, they would literally puke on those people.

  2. #222
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Right...they created a Bill of Rights for the sake of organized militias and NOT the rights of the individuals...

    If the framers of the constitution saw the willingness that so many of todays crippled and dependent pets so willingly give up their rights and beg big government to take care of them, they would literally puke on those people.
    ARC and Nanny state dependents realize that the bill of rights is an obstacle to most of their schemes so they just make up competing interpretations of those documents that they can use to advance their nefarious plots against our freedom



  3. #223
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You say that because this particular right doesnt mean much to you.
    It is a right. I respect that. But you can't possibly pretend it's as important as say due process, free speech, freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, equal protection, limitations on search and siezure, or protections against cruel and unusual punishment, right? So, keep it in proportion. Don't fixate on it, that's all. Protect the right, don't go around looking for excuses to try to fight against reasonable safety measures... We get it. You like guns. Maybe you have some insecurity you're trying to make up for or something, who knows. But don't make it into a big deal all the time... You can keep your guns and spend every saturday night out in your shed polishing them and fantasizing about killing people or whatever it is you guys do with them, but there is no rational reason at all to oppose safety and responsibility...
    Last edited by teamosil; 07-16-10 at 05:02 PM.

  4. #224
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    "Just because it's a right you have doesn't mean it's worth your time to get all up in a tizzy about it all the time."

    "You say that because this particular right doesnt mean much to you.
    If the issue were a right that did mean much to you, and the anti-right people were looking to restrict in whatever way THEY found "reasonable", your attitude would change.
    As such, your commentary here means nothing."
    See...I disagree. I think it is important to support and defend even the rights that DONT particularly mean that much to an individual. When people say I only care about THESE rights...well...fine...but what if people then attack those rights you DO care about? Pretty easy to see how ALL rights become diminished.

  5. #225
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    It is a right. I respect that. But you can't possibly pretend it's as important as say due process, free speech, freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, equal protection, limitations on search and siezure, or protetions against cruel and unusual punishment, right?
    You're right. When I state that it is every bit as important as those other rights, I am not pretending.

    You pretending it isnt is nothing but a subective and self-serving means to excuse restrictions agianst it - it is impossibel for you to make a sound argument for the idea that the right to arms is somehow a 'lesser' right.

    And your refusal to respond to the other points is noted, as is your concession of same.

    Maybe you have some insecurity you're trying to make up for or something, who knows.
    Ah -- I wondered how long it would take for this ad-hom to surface.
    Congrats on self-sodomizing you credibility as someone that can have an intellectually honest discussion.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 07-16-10 at 05:11 PM.

  6. #226
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    See...I disagree. I think it is important to support and defend even the rights that DONT particularly mean that much to an individual. When people say I only care about THESE rights...well...fine...but what if people then attack those rights you DO care about? Pretty easy to see how ALL rights become diminished.
    Yes.. that's my point.

  7. #227
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    It is a right. I respect that. But you can't possibly pretend it's as important as say due process, free speech, freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, equal protection, limitations on search and siezure, or protections against cruel and unusual punishment, right? So, keep it in proportion. Don't fixate on it, that's all. Protect the right, don't go around looking for excuses to try to fight against reasonable safety measures... We get it. You like guns. Maybe you have some insecurity you're trying to make up for or something, who knows. But don't make it into a big deal all the time... You can keep your guns and spend every saturday night out in your shed polishing them and fantasizing about killing people or whatever it is you guys do with them, but there is no rational reason at all to oppose safety and responsibility...
    You may note that the only time it gets brought UP is when assholes try to TAKE it. Typically, most people that believe in their second amendment rights arent running around forcing it on others, they are fighting people trying to infringe on their rights.

  8. #228
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    It is a right. I respect that. But you can't possibly pretend it's as important as say due process, free speech, freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, equal protection, limitations on search and siezure, or protections against cruel and unusual punishment, right? So, keep it in proportion. Don't fixate on it, that's all. Protect the right, don't go around looking for excuses to try to fight against reasonable safety measures... We get it. You like guns. Maybe you have some insecurity you're trying to make up for or something, who knows. But don't make it into a big deal all the time... You can keep your guns and spend every saturday night out in your shed polishing them and fantasizing about killing people or whatever it is you guys do with them, but there is no rational reason at all to oppose safety and responsibility...
    more people exercise their second amendment rights than some of those you mention

    but its the second amendment that is the back up support for all the rest.

    people whine that you cannot beat the army with a bolt action rifle

    however if things get nasty, shooting a few of the main instigators of nastiness is a most effective solution.



  9. #229
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    people whine that you cannot beat the army with a bolt action rifle

    however if things get nasty, shooting a few of the main instigators of nastiness is a most effective solution.
    That sounds like something Lee Harvey Oswald would say.

  10. #230
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    YouTube - Bear Arms

    How could that possibly be misconstrued?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •