Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 264

Thread: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    On the contrary, I stated that if tha had ever actually happened, you might have a point. Do try to read instead of projecting your warped perceptions onto other's posts.
    I wish I had something to say so I could start it off with "Ah! On the contrary" and just keep adding to it the more we repeat each other
    Last edited by Jerry; 07-06-10 at 11:14 AM.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    So, let me get this straight.

    Arizona is trying to enforce a law that is already on the books, and liberals are up in arms. And Illinois is trying to violate the Constitution and ignore a Supreme Court ruling supporting the Constitution, but that's perfectly cool.

    Got it.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    So, let me get this straight.

    Arizona is trying to enforce a law that is already on the books, and liberals are up in arms. And Illinois is trying to violate the Constitution and ignore a Supreme Court ruling supporting the Constitution, but that's perfectly cool.

    Got it.
    Pun intended?

  4. #94
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    On the contrary, I stated that if tha had ever actually happened, you might have a point.
    Ah - False premise, that it has to actually happened for my point to be valid.

    Fact is, marriage, as a legal institution, exists only becauyse the state created it.
    This necessarily means that marriage, as a legal institution, is a privilge. not a right, as rights are not granted by government.

    Right now, you seem content with being wrong. That's your choice
    No need to get all butthurt about it.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Per the article:


    According to the SCotUS, the right to arms is a fundamental right, proctected by the Constitution.

    As such, restrictions on fundamental rights are subjected to a strict scrutiny test to determine of they violate the constitution. Under this test, the restriction is assumned to be unconstitutional until proven otherwise.

    For those that support this new law or the things included in it:
    Under the terms of strict scrunity, show that these things do not violate the constitution.

    Chicago is going to lose this fight. They need to accept that they are trumped by the 2nd amendment.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Ah - False premise, that it has to actually happened for my point to be valid.
    No, you are creating a bunch of crap that's never actually going to happen. The premise that's faulty is yours, all your bravado about other's being wrong aside.

    Look, goobie, you create these false assertions and then croon and strut like you've accomplished something. Why don't you try actually debating a topic sometime instead of posturing and acting foolish? You might actually learn something.

  7. #97
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    No, you are creating a bunch of crap that's never actually going to happen.
    This is an irrelevant, meaningless dodge.

    Fact is, marriage, as a legal institution, exists only because the state created it.
    This necessarily means that marriage, as a legal institution, is a privilge. not a right, as rights are not granted by government.

    Look, goobie, you create these false assertions
    Show that this is "false assertion".

    then croon and strut like you've accomplished something
    Right now, all you're doing is whatever you think you can do to avoid having to admit you're wrong.
    As you say - don't get all butthurt about it. Man up, admit you're wrong, and move on.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 07-07-10 at 06:35 PM.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    This is an irrelevant, meaningless dodge.
    "Blah blah blah <insert random spewing of more bull****> blah blah blah <mindlessly stick to the same failed argument you couldn't prove the first time> blah blah blah <strut and preen about winning the internetz>"

    Yep, same goober I keep on ignore for months at a time. One day I will learn not to reverse that decision.

  9. #99
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Chicago is going to lose this fight. They need to accept that they are trumped by the 2nd amendment.
    I wish losing would have more severe consequences-such as Mayor Daley and his goons being tried for treason



  10. #100
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Chicago approves new handgun restrictions

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    "Blah blah blah <insert random spewing of more bull****> blah blah blah <mindlessly stick to the same failed argument you couldn't prove the first time> blah blah blah <strut and preen about winning the internetz>"
    I'm sorry...

    You said:
    Look, goobie, you create these false assertions
    My assertion:
    Fact is, marriage, as a legal institution, exists only because the state created it.
    This necessarily means that marriage, as a legal institution, is a privilge. not a right, as rights are not granted by government.
    Now, don't scamper away like you usually do, tears flowing down your face and snot running from your nose - man up show that my assertion is false.

    Not than you can...

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •