Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 157

Thread: Scientists Cite Fastest Case of Human Evolution

  1. #11
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,067

    Re: Scientists Cite Fastest Case of Human Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Why don't you accept this? Why do you call it "unproven?" This transition of species is shown in several ways, it's not just fossil records.

    I also cringe whenever someone uses the phrase "just a theory." In scientific terms, a theory is something that is pretty solid. When most people use the word theory, they equate it to an educated guess, but that's incorrect. The word they're looking for is "hypothesis."
    I think you mean "postulate".

    Evolution is far from proven in that regard. There is zero evidence that humans came from monkeys.

  2. #12
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    09-14-10 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    158

    Re: Scientists Cite Fastest Case of Human Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by fishinRod View Post
    people in Denver Colorado live at altitudes of 5,000 feet, thats 16% less oxygen than sea level...whats their deal? the article went on to say that genes in the Tibetans "adapted"


    if humans evolved from monkeys, why do we still have monkeys?
    Really? Is this a joke comment??

  3. #13
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,295
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Scientists Cite Fastest Case of Human Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I think you mean "postulate".

    Evolution is far from proven in that regard. There is zero evidence that humans came from monkeys.
    Yes because the alternative theory is so much more plausable...



    This video, and the theory of creationism are not far from eachother in logic...

  4. #14
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    09-14-10 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    158

    Re: Scientists Cite Fastest Case of Human Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    so you don't belive in evolution?
    I think he should figure out WHAT it is, before he answers that.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,067

    Re: Scientists Cite Fastest Case of Human Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Yes because the alternative theory is so much more plausable...



    This video, and the theory of creationism are not far from eachother in logic...
    Bashing on faith doesn't help your case. You're small and completely insignficant in this universe, which makes your position on the beginning of life completely irrelevent in the grand scheme, as does mine.

    Fortunately, I don't have to care what you think, nor do you me.

  6. #16
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,295
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Scientists Cite Fastest Case of Human Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Bashing on faith doesn't help your case. You're small and completely insignficant in this universe, which makes your position on the beginning of life completely irrelevent in the grand scheme, as does mine.

    Fortunately, I don't have to care what you think, nor do you me.
    Creationism is a human invention, if you want to believe it, that is your right...

    The bible was written by humans... god was invented by humans to explain the unexplainable, now I don't want to get into a debate of whether god exists or not... but there's a lot more evidence to suggest that Evolution is the answer, then that god exists, of which there is virtually 0 evidence... so by extension the theory of creationism doesn't make sense either.

    Oh and one more thing, the video is what they call "Satire" Get a sense of humor rocky Dennis...

  7. #17
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,067

    Re: Scientists Cite Fastest Case of Human Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Creationism is a human invention, if you want to believe it, that is your right...

    The bible was written by humans... god was invented by humans to explain the unexplainable, now I don't want to get into a debate of whether god exists or not... but there's a lot more evidence to suggest that Evolution is the answer, then that god exists, of which there is virtually 0 evidence... so by extension the theory of creationism doesn't make sense either.

    Oh and one more thing, the video is what they call "Satire" Get a sense of humor rocky Dennis...
    And much of the reason you've arrived at that conclusion is because you WANTED to arrive at that conclusion. Tell me where the first spec of matter and/or energy came from, and how evolution could have allowed it to be in the first place if their wasn't a greater hand involved.

    There is far more sensibility in the existence of God than there is that all this just got here for no apparent reason and with no particular design in place.

  8. #18
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,060

    Re: Scientists Cite Fastest Case of Human Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by fishinRod View Post
    if humans evolved from monkeys, why do we still have monkeys?
    I just spit coffee all over my keyboard, so thanks for that, lol.

  9. #19
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,060

    Re: Scientists Cite Fastest Case of Human Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    And much of the reason you've arrived at that conclusion is because you WANTED to arrive at that conclusion. Tell me where the first spec of matter and/or energy came from, and how evolution could have allowed it to be in the first place if their wasn't a greater hand involved.

    There is far more sensibility in the existence of God than there is that all this just got here for no apparent reason and with no particular design in place.
    The way I see your argument is this:

    The universe and all it's life forms are much too complex to have existed on their own or to have always existed.

    Therefor, I will stipulate an even more complex entity that existed on it's own or has always existed.

    I guess my argument is that if you think that the universe is too complex to have just always existed or to have been created through natural phenomenon that we just don't understand, then you must make the same argument about any proposed God, since a creator would by definition have to be more complex than it's creation.

    Using Ockams razer, we simply reduce "The universe was created by God, who has always existed" down to "The universe has always existed."

  10. #20
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Scientists Cite Fastest Case of Human Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I think you mean "postulate".

    Evolution is far from proven in that regard. There is zero evidence that humans came from monkeys.
    This statement is pants-on-head ignorant. The research behind evolution is extensive.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •