Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 271

Thread: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

  1. #241
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post

    The same thing applies to advocating gay marriage in states that have passed laws making it illegal.
    Gay marriage in and of itself is not illegal it happens every day in this nation and there are no penalties inflicted on the people participating in them. What is illegal is State recognition of these marriages not the marriages themeselves or various religious institutions recognizing gay marriage.

  2. #242
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No you are not advocating breaking the law, you are advocating changing the law.
    LOL Now its just Semantics. Nambla members could claim the same thing.




    Now that the mod warnings are predictably coming out, I'm outta here but I'll leave you with this.

    You cannot understand how far this "discrimination" argument goes if you cannot understand that it goes far beyond the subject at hand.

    Screaming ZOMG he's using NAMBLA! is not an argument. I've shown with multiple examples any group that advocates breaking the law would be subject to this claim that you can discriminate against a group based on their belief in an illegal act.

    Discrimination does not say you can discriminate against people who have a belief that would be breaking the law if acted upon.

    You can't claim its ok to discriminate against another group because it personally bothers you. There is no law that says the belief in an idea whatever it is, is illegal making any argument against any group that believes in breaking the law null and void.




    Until you can understand that, there is nothing more to say.
    Last edited by texmaster; 07-01-10 at 03:55 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #243
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post


    One: I am not "loose".
    I am still laughing from reading that. Thank you for brightening my day!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #244
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    LOL Now its just Semantics. Nambla members could claim the same thing.




    Now that the mod warnings are predictably coming out, I'll leave you with this.

    You cannot understand how far this "discrimination" argument goes if you cannot understand that it goes far beyond the subject at hand.

    Screaming ZOMG he's using NAMBLA! is not an argument. I've shown with multiple examples any group that advocates breaking the law would be subject to this law.


    Until you can understand that, there is nothing more to say.
    Using NAMBLA to create a sense of outrage is not an argument either.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #245
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    LOL Now you are just ducking the issue. If you live in a state that says partial birth abortion is illegal and you believe in partial birth abortion you believe in breaking the law. Just like NAMLBA.


    If you are going to claim otherwise, explain the difference.
    Again... this is such a basic concept. There is no "thought crime" in the US. You can believe what ever you want. You can even believe in something illegal. It is NOT illegal to do so. It is illegal to act on it. If you think that it is illegal to believe in something illegal, cite the statute. I'm not going to sit here and what you spew idiocy and not get challenged. Cite the statute that shows where it is illegal to believe in something illegal... and remember, actions do NOT come into this.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    LOL Now its just Semantics. Nambla members could claim the same thing.




    Now that the mod warnings are predictably coming out, I'll leave you with this.

    You cannot understand how far this "discrimination" argument goes if you cannot understand that it goes far beyond the subject at hand.

    Screaming ZOMG he's using NAMBLA! is not an argument. I've shown with multiple examples any group that advocates breaking the law would be subject to this law.


    Until you can understand that, there is nothing more to say.
    Oh yes...because it's EVERYONE else having the problem and only texmaster who is on point. EVERYONE else is an idiot except professor tex.

  7. #247
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I know CC its hard for you to grasp reality but I have 2 other examples which predicably you are ignoring. How about addressing them?

    If partial birth abortion is breaking the law in a state that bans it and you believe in it you are advocating breaking the law. How is that different from NABMLA when they advocate breaking the law?

    The same thing applies to advocating gay marriage in states that have passed laws making it illegal.

    Explain how you can be against one group for believeing in breaking a law but be for another group for also advocating in breaking the law?


    Not so easy when you actually have to think about it is it CC?
    Let me demonstrate how you are being dishonest. It is actually quite easy. Here is your sentence: "If partial birth abortion is breaking the law in a state that bans it and you believe in it you are advocating breaking the law." Look at the two words I placed in bold. You are using them as synomyms and they are NOT. One can believe in something and NOT advocate it, if we consider advocating to be acting on that belief. This is why your entire argument is nothing but a dishonest attempt to make a point. I can believe in anything that I want. That does NOT equal advocating it. It also does NOT equal acting on it. Murder is illegal in my state. I would like to murder pedophiles. Is my belief/desire illegal, tex? Does that equal advocating the murder of pedophiles? No to both questions. You are playing idiotic sematical games, nothing more, and that is why your argument is being met with such dismissal . Try to use an analogy that both makes sense and is a logical comparison, WITHOUT equivocating by using incorrect words.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #248
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    LOL Now its just Semantics. Nambla members could claim the same thing.




    Now that the mod warnings are predictably coming out, I'm outta here but I'll leave you with this.

    You cannot understand how far this "discrimination" argument goes if you cannot understand that it goes far beyond the subject at hand.

    Screaming ZOMG he's using NAMBLA! is not an argument. I've shown with multiple examples any group that advocates breaking the law would be subject to this claim that you can discriminate against a group based on their belief in an illegal act.

    Discrimination does not say you can discriminate against people who have a belief that would be breaking the law if acted upon.

    You can't claim its ok to discriminate against another group because it personally bothers you. There is no law that says the belief in an idea whatever it is, is illegal making any argument against any group that believes in breaking the law null and void.




    Until you can understand that, there is nothing more to say.
    You've done nothing of the sort. You do what you always do, play sematic games. And you got called on them. Again. And guess what. NAMBLA advocating to change the law ALSO is not illegal. If they are not acting in an illegal way, no matter how abhorrant they are, they are within their rights to have their beliefs. Or are you against the Constitution.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #249
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Moderator's Warning:
    Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get fundingNo more warnings. Do not insult or disparage other posters. Thread bans will happen.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #250
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    tex, I will ask you again. Please cite the law that states that believing in something illegal (but not acting on it) is, in and of itself, illegal.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •