Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 271

Thread: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

  1. #231
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Moderator's Warning:
    Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get fundingBe careful folks. Let's not cross the line
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #232
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Good point.


    Its always easier to avoid the question because you don't like the example used that's destroyed your argument.

    NAMBLA can be replaced with any group that is unpopular. Traditional Mormons, incest, liberals..... any will do.

    NAMBLA however is a great way to hit your point across that general arguments using discrimination as the only criteria for banning funding are just plain stupid since an extreme viewpoint can always be found that no one wants to tolerate.
    Using NAMBLA only gives more indication that you have NO argument... something we all are aware of, tex. It's Godwin's Law put in the homosexual argument and is nothing but a desperate attempt to save a destroyed position.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #233
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Why would someone be forbidden from joining a club because they believed that partial birth abortion should be legalized? Are you suggesting that people should be discriminated against on the basis of their ideas?
    LOL Thats EXACTLY what you are advocating. If Partial birth abortion is illegal in a state and you believe in it you are advocating breaking the law and by your own defintion when it conscerns NAMBAL you want to ban them for the same thing.

    In short Catz, you want to ban people who believe in things you do not. Check Mate.

    Thanks for walking right into to Catz.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #234
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    The very fact you can't debate it is particularly telling.
    Pot meet kettle. By using NAMBLA, all you are doing is accentuaing the weakness of your position.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #235
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Using NAMBLA only gives more indication that you have NO argument... something we all are aware of, tex. It's Godwin's Law put in the homosexual argument and is nothing but a desperate attempt to save a destroyed position.
    I know CC its hard for you to grasp reality but I have 2 other examples which predicably you are ignoring. How about addressing them?

    If partial birth abortion is breaking the law in a state that bans it and you believe in it you are advocating breaking the law. How is that different from NABMLA when they advocate breaking the law?

    The same thing applies to advocating gay marriage in states that have passed laws making it illegal.

    Explain how you can be against one group for believeing in breaking a law but be for another group for also advocating in breaking the law?


    Not so easy when you actually have to think about it is it CC?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  6. #236
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I know CC its hard for you to grasp reality but I have 2 other examples which predicably you are ignoring. How about addressing them?

    If partial birth abortion is breaking the law in a state that bans it and you believe in it you are advocating breaking the law. How is that different from NABMLA when they advocate breaking the law?

    The same thing applies to advocating gay marriage in states that have passed laws making it illegal.

    Explain how you can be against one group for believeing in breaking a law but be for another group for also advocating in breaking the law?


    Not so easy when you actually have to think about it is it CC?
    No you are not advocating breaking the law, you are advocating changing the law.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Not a problem. If you don't have the courage to answer all points just say so sport.
    I answer all points. I don't answer every deranged rant. Learn the difference.

    The belief in a criminal act is not a crime. If you are going to continue with this garbage answer, cite the law that says so.
    I never once stated belief in a criminal act is a crime. In fact, if you opened your ****ing eyes and read, you would see where I stated the exact opposite.

    Can you even pretend you are reading?
    Can you pretend to hold an intelligent discourse?

    If they support breaking the law they are no different than someone who believes in NAMBLA's position that breaks the law.
    Do you even know what you are trying to argue at this point?

    Does anyone else here have any clue what texmaster is ranting about now?


    LOL Are you always this pathetic when you loose you pretend someone is a pedo to make yourself feel better?
    One: I am not "loose". Two: I never pretended you were a pedo. Three: Your advocacy of NAMBLA in this thread isn't making anyone feel better. Four: I reported the ad hom, so enjoy.


    Ah another Captain Spell check advocate. So you never misspell anything right?
    I can guarantee you that I have never repeatedly misspelled the word "discriminate" in a thread about "discrimination".

    You can Catz must be taking the same class on what do to when you are getting your ass kicked in a debate. Result to petty attacks.
    I dunno, tex...we're not the ones running around calling people names and chest thumping to the tune of "Look at me, I won the internetz".

    While you duck the partial birth abortion example and the gay marriage example. Way to stay predictable in running away from the actual argument.
    I answered your partial birth abortion example. And the gay marriage example was spoken to also. Way to stay predictable in not ****ing reading a goddamned word that was actually written to you.
    Last edited by jallman; 07-01-10 at 03:49 PM.

  8. #238
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Not in the eyes of this law. Wrong again.
    Actually, you are wrong as usual. In the eyes of the law, believing in something is perfectly legal as long as you do not act on it. This is such a basic concept, it amazes me that I even have to explain it ot you. Only demonstrates how far your dishonesty will go in your attempt to save your destroyed position.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #239
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    LOL Thats EXACTLY what you are advocating. If Partial birth abortion is illegal in a state and you believe in it you are advocating breaking the law and by your own defintion when it conscerns NAMBAL you want to ban them for the same thing.

    In short Catz, you want to ban people who believe in things you do not. Check Mate.

    Thanks for walking right into to Catz.
    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I know CC its hard for you to grasp reality but I have 2 other examples which predicably you are ignoring. How about addressing them?

    If partial birth abortion is breaking the law in a state that bans it and you believe in it you are advocating breaking the law. How is that different from NABMLA when they advocate breaking the law?

    The same thing applies to advocating gay marriage in states that have passed laws making it illegal.

    Explain how you can be against one group for believeing in breaking a law but be for another group for also advocating in breaking the law?


    Not so easy when you actually have to think about it is it CC?
    Believing in something isn't advocating breaking the law. It may simply be advocating CHANGING the law. I believe in PB in certain instances, but I do not advocate breaking any laws. I advocate changing existing laws.

  10. #240
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Its not an appeal to emotion. Its an appeal to logic. You cannot claim to support a law that says you cannot descriminate against people then turn around and do exactly that based on your own personal morality.
    You bringing in NAMBLA in relation to homosexuality is an appeal to emotion. This is the essence of Godwin's Law and why your argument is nothing but fail.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •