Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 271

Thread: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

  1. #211
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    A discussion about gays...has any one used the hysterical child molester or bestiality fallacies yet in a sad attempt to appeal to emotion?
    Its not an appeal to emotion. Its an appeal to logic. You cannot claim to support a law that says you cannot descriminate against people then turn around and do exactly that based on your own personal morality.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #212
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Its not an appeal to emotion. Its an appeal to logic. You cannot claim to support a law that says you cannot descriminate against people then turn around and do exactly that based on your own personal morality.
    Yeah, that's it. That's why the comparison is always to things like pedophilia or bestiality and not some more benign comparison...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #213
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    There is a difference between believing in something and committing a criminal act or advocating for that act to be committed. I'm sorry that these two things are indistinguishable in your paradigms.
    LOL Now you are just ducking the issue. If you live in a state that says partial birth abortion is illegal and you believe in partial birth abortion you believe in breaking the law. Just like NAMLBA.


    If you are going to claim otherwise, explain the difference.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    LOL Now you are just ducking the issue. If you live in a state that says partial birth abortion is illegal and you believe in partial birth abortion you believe in breaking the law. Just like NAMLBA.


    If you are going to claim otherwise, explain the difference.
    In what states are partial birth abortions illegal? Are you suggesting that student fees should fund an abortion club?

  5. #215
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yeah, that's it. That's why the comparison is always to things like pedophilia or bestiality and not some more benign comparison...
    I gave you 2 others. Partial birth abortion and gay marriage. In some states those are illegal. Please explain how it is different to advocate for one believe that is illegal in one state but its not applicable for something else illegal in the same state?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  6. #216
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    What I'm saying is that groups should have the right to exclude people who do not share their values on personal choice. Thats the whole idea of a group, to form a partnership of like minded people. You on the other hand claim to want no discrimination but when it comes to people who believe in certain practices you don't like, then its ok to discriminate. Its the height of hypocrisy.
    I haven't read the whole thread, but is someone saying that groups *shouldn't* be allowed to select their own members? Or just that if they do so in a certain manner, they should not receive public funding?

    I agree 100% that any group should be legally allowed to "discriminate" against anyone regarding the group's membership. They should be legally allowed to forbid or allow whomever the hell they want, for whatever reasons they wish. However, they shouldn't receive public funding.

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yeah, that's it. That's why the comparison is always to things like pedophilia or bestiality and not some more benign comparison...
    Hitler belonged to Nambla.

  8. #218
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Then expect to be called on it when you do it.
    Call it until you turn blue, sport. Write it down, record the URL, take a screenshot. I don't give a ****.

    Not in the eyes of this law. Wrong again.
    In the eyes of any law when you are dealing with criminal activity. So no, you're wrong. Again. As always.

    So what? There are plenty of groups that break the law in sit in protests where they refuse to move and are arrested by the police. So by your own defintion they should not be included either because they advocate breaking the law
    Civil disobedience is breaking the law. So yes, if the group doesn't want an advocate of criminal activity associated with them, by all means, they have that right.

    Try again.

    Don't need to; unlike you, I got it right the first time.

    Its not a matter of advocacy as you well know. Its about you coming to grips with what the law actually is allowing in by this general argument of "discrimination"

    If you actually took time to think about it you might learn something.
    You wouldn't know the actual definition of "discrimination" if it came up and bit you on your NAMBLA card. Hell, you just finally learned how to spell the damned word. And here you are using it to advocate for the inclusion of NAMBLA on some fallacious attempt at interpreting law to your advantage rather than what it actually says. I could almost understand you doing this in a gay marriage debate but, damn...doing it in an effort to legitimize NAMBLA is pretty sad.

  9. #219
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    In what states are partial birth abortions illegal? Are you suggesting that student fees should fund an abortion club?
    As a result, at least 27 States banned the procedure as did the United States Congress which voted to ban the procedure during the 104th, 105th, and 106th Congresses.

    Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    Still waiting for your answer.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread, but is someone saying that groups *shouldn't* be allowed to select their own members? Or just that if they do so in a certain manner, they should not receive public funding?

    I agree 100% that any group should be legally allowed to "discriminate" against anyone regarding the group's membership. They should be legally allowed to forbid or allow whomever the hell they want, for whatever reasons they wish. However, they shouldn't receive public funding.
    Then your views are in complete agreement with both the supreme court, and most members of this thread (with the notable exception of Texmaster).

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •