Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 271

Thread: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

  1. #191
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    If Christians are OK with Christian groups denying membership to Homosexuals, why are they bothered by the University denying membership to Christians?
    Because the argument is far too general for their justification to deny membership.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #192
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    The law takes as a given that all other criminal activity is accepted as such within any given law unless otherwise expressly spoken to by a clause within the law. It is not "discrimination" to bar advocacy of criminal activity, especially an activity that is particularly injurious to the mission and goals of the group, especially when it comes to nonprofit organizations.
    Don't cut up my response just to answer the part you like.

    Answer the question:

    Does that mean if a person believes in partial birth abortion and its illegal in the state they are in its ok to discriminate against them?


    And you ignored the fact that the belief and the group itself is not illegal without action.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #193
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    It's usually difficult to debate a logical fallacy. That doesn't mean that your argument is a good one.
    The only fallacy is your inability to understand the defintion of descrimination even after it was provided for you.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #194
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Well, at least you've learned to spell discrimination. This thread has been worthwhile after all.
    Typical Catz. Running away from the argument because you can't debate it.


    Thanks for staying predictable.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #195
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Because the argument is far too general for their justification to deny membership.
    I'm not understanding. What do you mean exactly?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Don't cut up my response just to answer the part you like.
    I didn't "cut" anything. And I will answer to or ignore any part of your ranting that I damned well please and there isn't a thing on this earth you can do about it. Capiche?

    Answer the question:

    Does that mean if a person believes in partial birth abortion and its illegal in the state they are in its ok to discriminate against them?
    Believing in and advocating action are completely separate issues.

    And you ignored the fact that the belief and the group itself is not illegal without action.
    I ignored nothing. NAMBLA can believe anything it wants. However, NAMBLA has also been shown to be a clear advocate of actually breaking the law as evidenced by the "rape and escape" manual that led to a child's death.

    But if you want to be a NAMBLA supporter and advocate their right to exist and even rail against discrimination against NAMBLA, I'm not going to stop you, texmaster. By all means, you knock yourself out with this line of argument. I have no interest in stopping your advocacy of NAMBLA here at DP.

  7. #197
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    When I read him I actually thought "Oh god, wait till CC gets ahold of him"
    It's funny. When I read him I thought, "everyone is probably thinking 'wait 'till CC gets a hold of him'".
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #198
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    09-14-10 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    158

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    This is Hastings policy.

    [Hastings] is committed to a policy against legally impermissible, arbitrary or unreasonable discriminatory practices. All groups, including administration, faculty, student governments, [Hastings]-owned student residence facilities and programs sponsored by [Hastings], are governed by this policy of nondiscrimination. [Hasting's] policy on nondiscriminationis to comply fully with applicable law. "[Hastings] shall not discriminate unlawfully on thebasis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,disability, age, sex or sexual orientation."

    It is based on the LAW that already exists. Child abuse is not a valid orientation.

  9. #199
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by Magill View Post
    This is Hastings policy.

    [Hastings] is committed to a policy against legally impermissible, arbitrary or unreasonable discriminatory practices. All groups, including administration, faculty, student governments, [Hastings]-owned student residence facilities and programs sponsored by [Hastings], are governed by this policy of nondiscrimination. [Hasting's] policy on nondiscriminationis to comply fully with applicable law. "[Hastings] shall not discriminate unlawfully on thebasis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,disability, age, sex or sexual orientation."


    It is based on the LAW that already exists. Child abuse is not a valid orientation.
    How many times do I have to pose the same question?

    Does that mean if a person believes in partial birth abortion and its illegal in the state they are in its ok to discriminate against them?

    And only the act is abuse. The IDEA is not. If you say you support nambla you are not committing a crime so your child abuse argument is null and void.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #200
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Court: Christian group can't bar gays [and] get funding

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I didn't "cut" anything. And I will answer to or ignore any part of your ranting that I damned well please and there isn't a thing on this earth you can do about it. Capiche?
    Then expect to be called on it when you do it.

    Believing in and advocating action are completely separate issues.
    Not in the eyes of this law. Wrong again.

    I ignored nothing. NAMBLA can believe anything it wants. However, NAMBLA has also been shown to be a clear advocate of actually breaking the law as evidenced by the "rape and escape" manual that led to a child's death.

    But if you want to be a NAMBLA supporter and advocate their right to exist and even rail against discrimination against NAMBLA, I'm not going to stop you, texmaster. By all means, you knock yourself out with this line of argument. I have no interest in stopping your advocacy of NAMBLA here at DP.
    So what? There are plenty of groups that break the law in sit in protests where they refuse to move and are arrested by the police. So by your own defintion they should not be included either because they advocate breaking the law

    Try again.

    Its not a matter of advocacy as you well know. Its about you coming to grips with what the law actually is allowing in by this general argument of "discrimination"

    If you actually took time to think about it you might learn something.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •