Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 631

Thread: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

  1. #491
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    To adhere to this line of thinking would be to say that Brown v. Board, or Dred Scott would still be in force....That is lunacy.
    I think you're thinking of Plessy v. Ferguson maybe? Brown v. Board of Education is still in force and for good reason.

    By the way, is the "lunacy" you're referring to "originalism," because that is the only way I can make sense of your post. I am not advocating originalism.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 07-04-10 at 12:45 AM.

  2. #492
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I dismissed them as not applying to the argument at hand and cited reasons why. You say they do without evidence. This is why the case is dismissed in my favor.
    Shall I create a poll and see how many agree with you?

  3. #493
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    I believe I did when I talked about jurisdictions of the Circuit Courts and the Supreme Court. Since such mechanisms are listed by the BATFE as being illegal for failing to secure the tax stamp for full auto weapons depends upon the jurisdiction of the person. Until a case is heard by the Supreme Court, it only applies to one part of the country.
    "...the power to tax is the power to destroy."

    Need it be pointed out that the fact of a tax that precludes any form of gun ownership is in fact a violation of the Second Amendment's guarantee of the right of the people to keep and bear arms?

  4. #494
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Militia.

    M-I-litia.

    And what it proves is the fact that the right to keep and bear arms "for the security of a free State" is greater than the mere right for each and every citizen to defend themself individually.
    I have always thought of a malitia as a voluntary group of law enforcement/military, not something everyone was automatically a part of, so I am sorry that I did not catch your point at first.

  5. #495
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    The "security of a free state" is a cause which is exponentially greater than the mere right of one person to defend him or herself.

    If the right to keep and bear arms was solely for an individual's right to defend themself,.... there would have been no need to specifically mention the "militia."
    Chuz, I gotta ask you though, if this were true why did the court just extend the second amendment to be encorporated into the bill of rights via the 14th amendment. To me it would seem you have this backwards.
    Last edited by drz-400; 07-04-10 at 04:48 AM.

  6. #496
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Shall I create a poll and see how many agree with you?
    If you'd like to demonstrate the appeal to popularity logical fallacy, go ahead.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #497
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    There's no appeal tpo ignorance here, there's a request for you to provide a shred of real-world evidence to back up your cloam.
    Your continued refusal to do so, and your silly attempts to explain away your need to do so, illustrates that you understand the absurdity of your position.
    And your continued appeal to ignorance logical fallacy demonstrates that you have no substance to present that actually refutes my position. Your continued refusal to offer any evidence just shows your weakness. Come on Goobie, instead of falling on lack of logic, produce SOMETHING that proves your position.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 07-04-10 at 06:32 AM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #498
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I think you're thinking of Plessy v. Ferguson maybe? Brown v. Board of Education is still in force and for good reason.

    By the way, is the "lunacy" you're referring to "originalism," because that is the only way I can make sense of your post. I am not advocating originalism.

    Yeah, you're right....A few Lager's last night...heh, heh....However, there is no way to interpret the constitution other than through original intent, unless you have no regard for it in the first place.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #499
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Shall I create a poll and see how many agree with you?
    I agree with CC. At least CC never resorts to whiny insults while debating. I keep reading about "I don't feed trolls" and **** like that here. I don't believe I have ever seen as many personal insults on a thread as this one.

    CC never abuses his power as a mod in a debate. He uses his brilliant mind and destroys his opponents with logic and clarity instead of personal insults.

  10. #500
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I agree with CC. At least CC never resorts to whiny insults while debating. I keep reading about "I don't feed trolls" and **** like that here. I don't believe I have ever seen as many personal insults on a thread as this one.

    CC never abuses his power as a mod in a debate. He uses his brilliant mind and destroys his opponents with logic and clarity instead of personal insults.
    I saw you in a movie some place

    Greetings from Humongus, THe Lord Humongus................

    How are the fingers?



Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •