Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 631

Thread: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

  1. #471
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Thank you.

    Nothing further your honor,....

    I rest my case.
    Without proving your position? The judge finds for me.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #472
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Sigh. Your position is not in accord with many Framer's statements regarding their view of the right to bear arms, semantics and willful stubborness aside.
    There were plenty of things that the framers said that didn't make it into the Constitution, many of them opinions that were somewhat contradictory. That's why, from an originist position, one must take what is said at face value. That is what I am illustrating, here.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #473
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Without proving your position? The judge finds for me.
    You proved my position for me when you (in an act of hari cari?) dismissed the relevance of the 9th and 10th Amendments to the Constitution.

  4. #474
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    You proved my position for me when you (in an act of hari cari?) dismissed the relevance of the 9th and 10th Amendments to the Constitution.
    No. I dismissed the relevance of both Amendments to my argument using citations, information, and logic. You offered zilch. That would be a win for me.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #475
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No. I dismissed the relevance of both Amendments to my argument using citations, information, and logic. You offered zilch. That would be a win for me.
    I offerered the amendments from you know,.... ummmm that Constitution thingy.

    And you dismissed them without any consideration for what they say or the spirit in which they were framed.

    I have (nor feel the need for) anything further, your honor.

  6. #476
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    I offerered the amendments from you know,.... ummmm that Constitution thingy.

    And you dismissed them without any consideration for what they say or the spirit in which they were framed.

    I have (nor feel the need for) anything further, your honor.
    I dismissed them as not applying to the argument at hand and cited reasons why. You say they do without evidence. This is why the case is dismissed in my favor.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #477
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    You can keep insisting on this all day, but without any facts to back you up it means precisely zilch, especially in the face of overwhelming evidence that CC has presented to the contrary. If you think that the Framers' original intent for the 2nd Amendment was to protect the right to shoot beer cans off a fence from federal encroachment, please provide some evidence for this position. I'd love to see it.
    where did the founders give the federal government the power to regulate small arms



  8. #478
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    where did the founders give the federal government the power to regulate small arms
    The commerce clause allows for regulation of small arms that travel across state lines. Apart from that, it would seem to have been up to the states to regulate all firearms used for any purpose, and before incorporation this would have even extended to militia use.

  9. #479
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    The commerce clause allows for regulation of small arms that travel across state lines. Apart from that, it would seem to have been up to the states to regulate all firearms used for any purpose, and before incorporation this would have even extended to militia use.
    really? now i know that is the tortured explanation the FDR administration created to justify its tax on machine guns but do you believe that was an honest use of the commerce clause

    and once the guns travel across state lines the interstate commerce issue ceases to exist. Thus, IF the commerce clause was intended for that (no serious scholar believes it was-) then I can see regulation of wholesalers who buy across state lines. But private citizens cannot buy a handgun in the state they do not live in so how does the commerce clause regulate a firearm in Ohio that I try to buy?

    again the issue isn't what the government DOES but what it properly should be able to do



  10. #480
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    The fact that this request results in nothing but the appeal to ignorance logical fallacy, demonstrates that you position has no merit.
    There's no appeal tpo ignorance here, there's a request for you to provide a shred of real-world evidence to back up your cloam.
    Your continued refusal to do so, and your silly attempts to explain away your need to do so, illustrates that you understand the absurdity of your position.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 07-03-10 at 11:52 PM.

Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •