Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 631

Thread: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

  1. #441
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I defy you to prove that my position is not logical and fits in the literal definition of the 2nd Amendment.
    What's that? you cannot definitively ciite -any- restiction n the right to arms that is based on your silliness?
    I thought not. But then as you argument is silly, that's the natural conclusion.

  2. #442
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    civilian police officers are lousy shots for the most part. I would bet my house that the average class III machine gun owner is far more skilled in shooting than the average cop. Tell me-where does the federal government get the proper power to regulate machine guns

    quick question to see if you are able to play in this game. What is the intended purpose of a full auto selector switch on an M4 rifle versus the semi auto switch?
    I have already told you why I think the feds have the power. A machine gun is not necessary for self-defense, hunting, or really anything I can think of outside the military and law enforcement arena. Law enforcement and military get trained to use these weapons, so a license does not seem to make it any harder for the civilian to get them than a military man.

    I have no idea why the selector switch is on the M4, other than I want to shoot a lot of rounds by pulling the trigger once rather than multiple times. Of course M16's and the like are not as much what I am concerned about. It's more like the belt fed automatics since you can put hundreds of rounds downrange without reloading. I am sorry but I have nightmares about what could happen if those were plentiful on the streets. Sure a criminal can get them now, but its a hell of a lot harder if we make them illegal for those without a license.

  3. #443
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    thus you reject the underlying premise upon which the founders were operating and therefore your interpretation of the bill of rights is going to be very different from those who accept that premise.
    Yup. That is completely true.

    Ultimately the question comes down to--did the founders delegate to the federal government the power to regulate small arms? If the answer is no then all the sematincs about what the second amendment guarantees really is not all that interesting because the federal government has to have that delegated power to do anything and I note it properly does not.
    I do not believe that the federal government has the right to regulate the possession or ownership of small arms. I believe that the 2nd Amendment is quite clear on this.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #444
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by drz-400 View Post
    I have already told you why I think the feds have the power. A machine gun is not necessary for self-defense, hunting, or really anything I can think of outside the military and law enforcement arena. Law enforcement and military get trained to use these weapons, so a license does not seem to make it any harder for the civilian to get them than a military man.

    I have no idea why the selector switch is on the M4, other than I want to shoot a lot of rounds by pulling the trigger once rather than multiple times. Of course M16's and the like are not as much what I am concerned about. It's more like the belt fed automatics since you can put hundreds of rounds downrange without reloading. I am sorry but I have nightmares about what could happen if those were plentiful on the streets. Sure a criminal can get them now, but its a hell of a lot harder if we make them illegal for those without a license.
    I look at it like this : if someone were to rob a bank and half the hostages have the capacity to shoot back, it would make all but the most desperate of criminals think twice. Whereas, if they know that only 1-3 security guards need to be disabled / overwhelmed, it's just a matter of getting the jump on them and so the crime is much easier.

  5. #445
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    It is a fallacy to use the oldest definition of a word to define it. Words often change meanings over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    The fallacy is the one you're proposing on using the current definitions for a law written 220+ years ago. You have to use the definition from the time of when the law was written to ascertain what the authors of the law meant.
    Actually, The_Patriot is correct on this one. The founders wrote the document, therefore it is their definition that counts, not what we have now. Of course, I still see no difference in the two, unless one uses supposition and interpretation, which I am not. Therefore, though The_Patriot is correct, this does not affect my argument in any way.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #446
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No, the only failed argument here is yours.
    But, as I cannot keep you from being wrong, please continue at your leisure.
    Since you have no defense, I understand why you must state, blindly, that I am wrong. Of course, that incorrect declaration doesn't change the fact that you have offered no defense.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #447
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    What's that? you cannot definitively ciite -any- restiction n the right to arms that is based on your silliness?
    I thought not. But then as you argument is silly, that's the natural conclusion.
    This is an example of the appeal to ignorance logical fallacy Goobie, so your point is negated, again. Come on Goobie... show the lack of logic of my position... if you can.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #448
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    I look at it like this : if someone were to rob a bank and half the hostages have the capacity to shoot back, it would make all but the most desperate of criminals think twice. Whereas, if they know that only 1-3 security guards need to be disabled / overwhelmed, it's just a matter of getting the jump on them and so the crime is much easier.
    I agree with that, but no one is going to carry a huge automatic weapon around (nor should they) to protect themselves. They will most likely have a pistol of some sort, which I have no problem with.

  9. #449
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by drz-400 View Post
    I agree with that, but no one is going to carry a huge automatic weapon around (nor should they) to protect themselves. They will most likely have a pistol of some sort, which I have no problem with.
    Agreed... like those light machine guns... friggin things look like they are around 4-5 feet long.

    I don't know why anyone, unless you're holding a fort under heavy assault, it seems that you're better off with the 1 bullet per pull of the trigger so that you'll at least be hitting your targets. That's probably why you seen in the movies the guy running uphill being chased by like 50 guys and a tank with automatic weapons hitting everything BUT the target.

  10. #450
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by drz-400 View Post
    I have already told you why I think the feds have the power. A machine gun is not necessary for self-defense, hunting, or really anything I can think of outside the military and law enforcement arena. Law enforcement and military get trained to use these weapons, so a license does not seem to make it any harder for the civilian to get them than a military man.

    I have no idea why the selector switch is on the M4, other than I want to shoot a lot of rounds by pulling the trigger once rather than multiple times. Of course M16's and the like are not as much what I am concerned about. It's more like the belt fed automatics since you can put hundreds of rounds downrange without reloading. I am sorry but I have nightmares about what could happen if those were plentiful on the streets. Sure a criminal can get them now, but its a hell of a lot harder if we make them illegal for those without a license.
    you are dismissed from the argument since you really have no clue

    Need has nothing to do with rights

    and when you figure out the usage of full auto weapons get back to me



Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •