Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 631

Thread: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

  1. #321
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    This is absurd, on its face and beyond belief.
    No really. It is against the law to discharge a fire arm in most cities.

  2. #322
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    No really. It is against the law to discharge a fire arm in most cities.
    It's against the law to recklessly discharge your fire arm in most cities.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #323
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's against the law to recklessly discharge your fire arm in most cities.
    No. If I go into my backyard and start shooting at a target, even though it may be safe, I will be arrested.

    One must go to a firing range in the city. There is just too much danger, otherwise.

  4. #324
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    No. If I go into my backyard and start shooting at a target, even though it may be safe, I will be arrested.

    One must go to a firing range in the city. There is just too much danger, otherwise.
    That would be deemed reckless dicharge if you are in a crowded neighborhood. Less you are saying that if someone broke into your house and you shot them, that you'd be arrested for having fired your gun. Then your point is valid. But I don't think many of those cities exist.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #325
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    04-03-17 @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    241

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Can someone in Chicago just get this idiot Daley out of office already? Besides the fact that this zero has been in office for over 20 years - an obscenity in and of itself, all he is doing is wasting taxpayer dollars with these moronic rules over which the city will be sued and forced to overturn:

    http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010...n.html?_r=1&hp

    "Chicago Mayor Offers Strict Gun Rules
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Published: July 1, 2010

    CHICAGO (AP) -- With the city's gun ban certain to be overturned, Mayor Richard Daley on Thursday introduced what city officials say is the strictest handgun ordinance in the United States."

  6. #326
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by joergan View Post
    Can someone in Chicago just get this idiot Daley out of office already? Besides the fact that this zero has been in office for over 20 years - an obscenity in and of itself, all he is doing is wasting taxpayer dollars with these moronic rules over which the city will be sued and forced to overturn:

    http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010...n.html?_r=1&hp

    "Chicago Mayor Offers Strict Gun Rules
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Published: July 1, 2010

    CHICAGO (AP) -- With the city's gun ban certain to be overturned, Mayor Richard Daley on Thursday introduced what city officials say is the strictest handgun ordinance in the United States."
    Bugsy Daley is the sort of politician that justifies-completely-citizens being heavily armed



  7. #327
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Still waiting for you to supply the quotes that show the people that wrote and ratified the 2nd intended to protect the exercise of the collective right of self-defense to the absolute exclusion of the individual right to same.

    You've had 2 days and thus far supplied nothing to support your claim to that effect.
    He won't. It is rather obvious. The founders assumed the existence of inalienable rights. Basically anything that was not given to the federal government or the state government was permitted. The federal government was never delegated any power to regulate weapons



  8. #328
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,075

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by joergan View Post
    Can someone in Chicago just get this idiot Daley out of office already? Besides the fact that this zero has been in office for over 20 years - an obscenity in and of itself, all he is doing is wasting taxpayer dollars with these moronic rules over which the city will be sued and forced to overturn:

    http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010...n.html?_r=1&hp

    "Chicago Mayor Offers Strict Gun Rules
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Published: July 1, 2010

    CHICAGO (AP) -- With the city's gun ban certain to be overturned, Mayor Richard Daley on Thursday introduced what city officials say is the strictest handgun ordinance in the United States."

    I seriously thinks a city needs to pass a ordinance banning newspapers, phones and religious books outside your home, ban the stores that sell those things and ban churches, require permits,ban convicted former felons from those things, classes and registrations in order to get those things just to prove a point. I bet everyone of those anti-2nd amendment loons who support such things being imposed for 2nd amendment rights would be screaming that mayor is a fascist,its unconstitutional and so on.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 07-01-10 at 10:35 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #329
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I seriously thinks a city needs to pass a ordinance banning newspapers, phones and religious books outside your home, ban the stores that sell those things and ban churches, require permits,ban convicted former felons from those things, classes and registrations in order to get those things just to prove a point. I bet everyone of those anti-2nd amendment loons who support such things being imposed for 2nd amendment rights would be screaming that mayor is a fascist,its unconstitutional and so on.
    Better yet ban slimey asswipes getting elected to office. Daley is an everwidening asshole whose stench increases geometrically



  10. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Justices extend gun owner rights nationwide

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    No. If I go into my backyard and start shooting at a target, even though it may be safe, I will be arrested.

    One must go to a firing range in the city. There is just too much danger, otherwise.
    Yes, just like yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater is not an exercise of free speech. The principal behind the right to bear arms is like the sentiments of the founding fathers who believed that men / the nation should "walk softly and carry a big stick". If you don't have the right to defend yourself it's because you are effectively a slave.

    Ultimately the phrase goes :
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State
    So, because for the security of a free state, a well regulated militia is necessary, the militia being men who are citizens but trained in the techniques of weapons and war, that these militias are well regulated. Also, the militias are meant to protect the state, which is why a sherrif can deputize individuals, with the understanding that they had been trained by the militia (the assumption and it's my understanding that almost every man was considered part of the militia between 18... can't remember the upper limit, 40+ tho)

    ,
    Yes, the comma here is absolutely crucial as it ties the next part as the condition...

    the right of the people to keep and bear Arms
    So, because of the first thought, that being the protection of a free state, the right of the PEOPLE (not the right of the 'militias' ) to keep and bear arms. That is to have them accessible to yourself at any time, and to use them if necessary.
    ,
    This is a comma seperater

    shall not be infringed.
    I mean you could write it :

    So, because of the need for protection, and the necessity of militias, the PEOPLE ALL have the right to keep and bear arms, to ensure the FREE STATE, AND BECAUSE of all that, these rights SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. If you make someone jump through a hoop you are 'infringing' on that right because he should not have to jump through that hoop. Protecting yourself is a god given right...

    It's so clear cut when you look at the way the sentance was worded... the constitution and bill of rights says what it means and means what it says...

    Quote Originally Posted by joergan View Post
    Can someone in Chicago just get this idiot Daley out of office already? Besides the fact that this zero has been in office for over 20 years - an obscenity in and of itself, all he is doing is wasting taxpayer dollars with these moronic rules over which the city will be sued and forced to overturn:

    http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010...n.html?_r=1&hp

    "Chicago Mayor Offers Strict Gun Rules
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Published: July 1, 2010

    CHICAGO (AP) -- With the city's gun ban certain to be overturned, Mayor Richard Daley on Thursday introduced what city officials say is the strictest handgun ordinance in the United States."
    Daley, isn't that the name of a chicago mob boss???

    Why / how was this guy elected in the first place?? Did nobody do a background check on him or his family?? (Unless the answer is no to the first question)
    Last edited by BmanMcfly; 07-01-10 at 11:20 PM. Reason: corrected some...

Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •