Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 206

Thread: Petraeus to Modify Afghanistan Rules of Engagement, Source Says

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Petraeus to Modify Afghanistan Rules of Engagement, Source Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The tactics where designed by McCrystal. Have you read his document on the tactics and the reasons for him? The redacted version is available online, and is fascinating. Perhaps you can explain where and why you think he is wrong since you apparently have more knowledge and experience than McCrystal.
    This is a conrination of Iraq.

    blonde sagacity: The Current Rules of Engagement in Iraq (i.e. Why We <i>Could</i> Lose)


    (1) You must feel a direct threat to you or your team.
    (2) You must clearly see a threat.
    (3) That threat must be identified.
    (4) The team leader must concur that there is an identified threat.
    (5) The team leader must feel that the situation is one of life or death.
    (6) There must be minimal or no collateral risk.
    (7) Only then can the team leader clear the engagement.

  2. #12
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Petraeus to Modify Afghanistan Rules of Engagement, Source Says

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    This is a conrination of Iraq.

    blonde sagacity: The Current Rules of Engagement in Iraq (i.e. Why We <i>Could</i> Lose)


    (1) You must feel a direct threat to you or your team.
    (2) You must clearly see a threat.
    (3) That threat must be identified.
    (4) The team leader must concur that there is an identified threat.
    (5) The team leader must feel that the situation is one of life or death.
    (6) There must be minimal or no collateral risk.
    (7) Only then can the team leader clear the engagement.
    So you cannot refute McCrystal's strategy with anything other than some random blog? I see...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Petraeus to Modify Afghanistan Rules of Engagement, Source Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you cannot refute McCrystal's strategy with anything other than some random blog? I see...
    It shows rules of engagement in 2007. This was a continuation of what started in Iraq. Finally Petraeus will untie the hands of our soldiers.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-26-10 @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    350

    Re: Petraeus to Modify Afghanistan Rules of Engagement, Source Says

    petraeus says we need to talk to some of the taliban.

  5. #15
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Petraeus to Modify Afghanistan Rules of Engagement, Source Says

    General Petraeus is an expert in this kind of warfare. He literally wrote the book on it. Assuming he is given reasonable independence of action, I expect he will do very well and achieve substantial results, though the effects may take time.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  6. #16
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Petraeus to Modify Afghanistan Rules of Engagement, Source Says

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    There wasn't an attack. There was a statement of fact.

    I am happy to see the troops be able to fight. They didn't like the existing rules of engagement. Some were so despondent they did not feel they were winning.

    This is good news.
    Now, will he ask for more troops and will Obama agree?

    .
    Oh ok then, I thought this was something that you guys were going to attack Obama over. My mist-
    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Ya know, when a President like Obama is more interested in socialism than security nothing good will come out of this because Eikenberry and special envoy Holbrooke will still be pulling the strings
    Nevermind.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #17
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Petraeus to Modify Afghanistan Rules of Engagement, Source Says

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It shows rules of engagement in 2007. This was a continuation of what started in Iraq. Finally Petraeus will untie the hands of our soldiers.
    Have you managed to even show where you disagreed with McCrystal's rules of engagement with an actual reason? Or are you going to expect us to just assume you know what you are talking ab out despite no evidence?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Petraeus to Modify Afghanistan Rules of Engagement, Source Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The tactics where designed by McCrystal. Have you read his document on the tactics and the reasons for him? The redacted version is available online, and is fascinating. Perhaps you can explain where and why you think he is wrong since you apparently have more knowledge and experience than McCrystal.
    Obviously the operational tempo wasn't set by McChrystal. If McChrystal had been getting his way, he wouldn't have laid his career on the line to publically expose Obama for the goofball he isl.


    I heard on Rush Limbaugh's show, that Moveon.org took their, "Betrayus", ad down.
    Last edited by apdst; 06-25-10 at 11:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Petraeus to Modify Afghanistan Rules of Engagement, Source Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Have you managed to even show where you disagreed with McCrystal's rules of engagement with an actual reason? Or are you going to expect us to just assume you know what you are talking ab out despite no evidence?
    I am a veteran of course I disagree. The point is these rules started before Chrystal back in Iraq. It is about time the soldiers hands were untied. Chrystal just fine tuned them and took them to another level. I would guess it is possible Obama wanted these rules and approved them.
    Last edited by ptif219; 06-25-10 at 11:16 PM.

  10. #20
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Petraeus to Modify Afghanistan Rules of Engagement, Source Says

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I am a veteran of course I disagree. The point is these rules started before Chrystal back in Iraq. It is about time the soldiers hands were untied. Chrystal just fine tuned them and took them to another level. I would guess it is possible Obama wanted these rules and approved them.
    No, they did not. He set the rules of engagement in Afghanistan. I even linked to a document which gave you the information. You might read it, and explain where you disagree, and with what reasons. Right now you sound as if you are just disagreeing so you can bitch about "the left".
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •