Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Labor Dept. Offers Assistance to Illegal Immigrants Facing Wage Disparities

  1. #1
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Labor Dept. Offers Assistance to Illegal Immigrants Facing Wage Disparities

    Republican lawmakers are expressing shock over a Labor Department ad campaign that offers government assistance to illegal immigrants who think they're getting shortchanged for their work -- and at least one of them is planning to write to Labor Secretary Hilda Solis for an explanation.

    Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wants to know why taxpayers are being asked to spend money to ensure that illegals get assistance for fair wages while millions of unemployed Americans struggle to find jobs
    .
    FOXNews.com - Labor Dept. Offers Assistance to Illegal Immigrants Facing Wage Disparities

    Well duh, American Workers don't matter.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #2
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Labor Dept. Offers Assistance to Illegal Immigrants Facing Wage Disparities

    Without wishing to or actually taking sides.
    I believe that what was proposed was that all those employed should be paid at the rate of minimum wage.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Labor Dept. Offers Assistance to Illegal Immigrants Facing Wage Disparities

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Without wishing to or actually taking sides.
    I believe that what was proposed was that all those employed should be paid at the rate of minimum wage.
    Except THEY ARE ILLEGALS AND SHOULDN'T HAVE ****ING JOBS. I got no problem siding with the law, and with my Fellow Americans, sorry you find that so terrible a thought.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #4
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Labor Dept. Offers Assistance to Illegal Immigrants Facing Wage Disparities

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Except THEY ARE ILLEGALS AND SHOULDN'T HAVE ****ING JOBS. I got no problem siding with the law, and with my Fellow Americans, sorry you find that so terrible a thought.
    Where did you get the idea that he finds that "so terrible a thought?"

    Was it the part where he pretty clearly expressed that he didn't have such thoughts? I mean, if you're going to be inventing conversations in your head, you should post some fake quotes or something so the rest of us can be clued in on the conversation.
    Last edited by Deuce; 06-24-10 at 01:05 AM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Labor Dept. Offers Assistance to Illegal Immigrants Facing Wage Disparities

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Where did you get the idea that he finds that "so terrible a thought?"

    Was it the part where he pretty clearly expressed that he didn't have such thoughts? I mean, if you're going to be inventing conversations in your head, you should post some fake quotes or something so the rest of us can be clued in on the conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Without wishing to or actually taking sides.
    I believe that what was proposed was that all those employed should be paid at the rate of minimum wage.

    Implication that illegals working is no big deal.

    Implication that saying otherwise would be a bad thing.

    This gives him a chance to clarify. Have anything on the OP or you just here to try and derail the thread because it makes the Left look so bad?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #6
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Labor Dept. Offers Assistance to Illegal Immigrants Facing Wage Disparities

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    The only thing the government should be assisting illegals with is a trip across the border,preferably a trip to the jail cell first and then a free trip home back across the border a deferred jail sentence if they reveal who was hiring them.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #7
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Labor Dept. Offers Assistance to Illegal Immigrants Facing Wage Disparities

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Actually if you got over your partisan bickering then you would realize that the reason illegals are so popular among employers is that they can force them to work for less than minimum wage because of the threat of being deported. By offering this assistance then the idea is to push up even illegal immigrants wages to minimum wage and hence the chance hiring American's gets much larger. So in reality they are doing this FOR the American workers because the illegals are forcing them out of the market because they are "willing" to be hired for much less in wages.

    And before you use your normal "they should not be there".. then no **** sherlock but as long as businesses hire the illegals then they will come to the US and as long as they do, then why not force the businesses in question into the limelight by demanding that illegals are paid the same as American's? And yes the best way would be to hunt down the businesses in question but it aint like that is gonna happen is it now.. your republican friends would stop that in a heartbeat as they have done for generations.
    PeteEU

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Labor Dept. Offers Assistance to Illegal Immigrants Facing Wage Disparities

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Actually if you got over your partisan bickering then you would realize that the reason illegals are so popular among employers is that they can force them to work for less than minimum wage because of the threat of being deported. By offering this assistance then the idea is to push up even illegal immigrants wages to minimum wage and hence the chance hiring American's gets much larger. So in reality they are doing this FOR the American workers because the illegals are forcing them out of the market because they are "willing" to be hired for much less in wages.

    And before you use your normal "they should not be there".. then no **** sherlock but as long as businesses hire the illegals then they will come to the US and as long as they do, then why not force the businesses in question into the limelight by demanding that illegals are paid the same as American's? And yes the best way would be to hunt down the businesses in question but it aint like that is gonna happen is it now.. your republican friends would stop that in a heartbeat as they have done for generations.
    I disagree. They want to hire them because they tend to be better workers in my experience.

  9. #9
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Labor Dept. Offers Assistance to Illegal Immigrants Facing Wage Disparities

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Actually if you got over your partisan bickering then you would realize that the reason illegals are so popular among employers is that they can force them to work for less than minimum wage because of the threat of being deported. By offering this assistance then the idea is to push up even illegal immigrants wages to minimum wage and hence the chance hiring American's gets much larger. So in reality they are doing this FOR the American workers because the illegals are forcing them out of the market because they are "willing" to be hired for much less in wages.

    And before you use your normal "they should not be there".. then no **** sherlock but as long as businesses hire the illegals then they will come to the US and as long as they do, then why not force the businesses in question into the limelight by demanding that illegals are paid the same as American's? And yes the best way would be to hunt down the businesses in question but it aint like that is gonna happen is it now.. your republican friends would stop that in a heartbeat as they have done for generations.
    Why do you call yourself a centrist? I mean come on!
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #10
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Labor Dept. Offers Assistance to Illegal Immigrants Facing Wage Disparities

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    I disagree. They want to hire them because they tend to be better workers in my experience.
    Better workers that will work for next to nothing and keep silent about it due to the fear of being deported.
    PeteEU

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •