Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 226

Thread: McChrystal relieved of his command.

  1. #191
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: McChrystal relieved of his command.

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    You gotta be kidding. Based on what?
    Question: should he have left him in command?

    I do agree that he should not be court-martialed, but he needed to be replaced.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  2. #192
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: McChrystal relieved of his command.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Good riddance to insubordinate rubbish. He'll be lucky if he doesn't face a court martial.
    What exactly did McChrystal quote for you to feel this way.

  3. #193
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: McChrystal relieved of his command.

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Question: should he have left him in command?

    I do agree that he should not be court-martialed, but he needed to be replaced.
    The is no violation of the UCMJ on McChrystal part, he quoted nothing that is worthy of charges.

  4. #194
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: McChrystal relieved of his command.

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    The is no violation of the UCMJ on McChrystal part, he quoted nothing that is worthy of charges.
    I think you misread my statement. I agree that he NOT be court-martialed, but I do think he should have been replaced my quote:

    I do agree that he should not be court-martialed, but he needed to be replaced.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  5. #195
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: McChrystal relieved of his command.

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    What exactly did McChrystal quote for you to feel this way.
    Just another hater of our military from the left, nothing more, nothing less..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #196
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: McChrystal relieved of his command.

    Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    I think you misread my statement. I agree that he NOT be court-martialed, but I do think he should have been replaced my quote:
    Sorry I did misread your post, and as for dismissing him I agree, although embedded media within the military ranks and it's policy should he changed. Obiviously there is a problem between the commanders and the commander and chief which over all effects the moral of the military which in turn causes casualities.

  7. #197
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    01-17-15 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    629

    Re: McChrystal relieved of his command.

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    What is it that the General specifically said about President Obama? For there to be a court martial, someone has to officially charge him with a crime.
    While he may not have said anything directly that bad about President Obama, what he did was encourage, support, and agree with others who were using contemptous words against the elected and appointed officials. Take for example his aide says: "Vice President bite me" and McChrystal says: "I agree with that statement", General McChrystal didn't say the disparaging remarks himself, all he said is "I agree with that statement" which the words themself are not bad. But it's pretty much as if he said "Vice President bite me" himself. What McChrystal did was agree with, support, and also encourage these "contemptuous words" among his subordinates and appointed aides against these officials. What McChrystal did was insubordination and disrespectful of the President of the United States along with the other elected and appointed officials, although he may not have used the words directly. Although article 88 doesn't include anything than using contemptuous words against the officials, the spirit of the provision is probably not to allow disrespect and insubordination against these officials and I personally think the article should be expanded to include not allowing anyone to disrepect or insubordinate against these officials and not just use "contemptuous words" against them. What General McChrystal did was wrong, maybe he wasn't specifically caught by article 88, but what he did was wrong.

  8. #198
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,494

    Re: McChrystal relieved of his command.

    Quote Originally Posted by Opteron View Post
    While he may not have said anything directly that bad about President Obama, what he did was encourage, support, and agree with others who were using contemptous words against the elected and appointed officials. Take for example his aide says: "Vice President bite me" and McChrystal says: "I agree with that statement", General McChrystal didn't say the disparaging remarks himself, all he said is "I agree with that statement" which the words themself are not bad. But it's pretty much as if he said "Vice President bite me" himself. What McChrystal did was agree with, support, and also encourage these "contemptuous words" among his subordinates and appointed aides against these officials. What McChrystal did was insubordination and disrespectful of the President of the United States along with the other elected and appointed officials, although he may not have used the words directly. Although article 88 doesn't include anything than using contemptuous words against the officials, the spirit of the provision is probably not to allow disrespect and insubordination against these officials and I personally think the article should be expanded to include not allowing anyone to disrepect or insubordinate against these officials and not just use "contemptuous words" against them. What General McChrystal did was wrong, maybe he wasn't specifically caught by article 88, but what he did was wrong.
    In which case isn't punishable under the UCMJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: McChrystal relieved of his command.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    In which case isn't punishable under the UCMJ.
    Encouraging the behavior could very well fall under Conduct Unbecoming, however, I wouldn't seek it against this General. I think the way it is being handled is just fine. He resigned, no further action should be sought IMO.

  10. #200
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: McChrystal relieved of his command.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Just another hater of our military from the left, nothing more, nothing less..........
    Just another bit of hysteria with no basis in fact from the right.................
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •