Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 107

Thread: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

  1. #1
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,335
    Blog Entries
    12

    Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Are you a Producer or Parasite

    Democrats - Party of the Parasites


    He planted the trailer with its professionally painted message in his Bates County cornfield along heavily traveled U.S. 71 about an hour south of Kansas City. He wanted lots of people to see it.

    They did. Including at least one with a good case of outrage, matches and a can of gas.

    On May 12, Jungerman’s trailer was torched.

    Jungerman said he didn’t mean to direct his sign at local Democrats. Many of those are old-fashioned Harry Truman Democrats, he said.

    “They’re more conservative than many Republicans,” he said. “I should have put an ad in the paper to explain that. No, I meant the national Democrat parasite base that is sucking this country dry. The ones that just take from the government and not give anything back.”

    Jungerman says he’s not even a die-hard Republican. He voted for Claire McCaskill when she won a U.S. Senate seat in 2006.

    Read more: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire - KansasCity.com
    I like this guy. My type of American.
    Seems some Lakers fans were passing by the sign with gas and matches in the car.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 06-21-10 at 10:41 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    He's wrong about everything, of course-- the only parasites we should be concernced about are multinational corporations siphoning this country's money like leeches-- but it's a shame some hoodlums vandalized his property.

  3. #3
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    He's wrong about everything, of course-- the only parasites we should be concernced about are multinational corporations siphoning this country's money like leeches-- but it's a shame some hoodlums vandalized his property.
    Care to explain this? Is this like illegals sending money home to Mexico?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Care to explain this? Is this like illegals sending money home to Mexico?
    More like corporations outsourcing manufacturing jobs to India and China, which helps their bottom line at the expense of the American economy. So yes, it's sort of like sending money to Mexico, only on an exponentially greater scale. Not to mention those undocumented immigrants you speak so contemptuously of are contributing more to our economy than they are taking away.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Are you a Producer or Parasite

    Democrats - Party of the Parasites

    He planted the trailer with its professionally painted message in his Bates County cornfield along heavily traveled U.S. 71 about an hour south of Kansas City. He wanted lots of people to see it.

    They did. Including at least one with a good case of outrage, matches and a can of gas.

    On May 12, Jungerman’s trailer was torched.

    Jungerman said he didn’t mean to direct his sign at local Democrats. Many of those are old-fashioned Harry Truman Democrats, he said.

    “They’re more conservative than many Republicans,” he said. “I should have put an ad in the paper to explain that. No, I meant the national Democrat parasite base that is sucking this country dry. The ones that just take from the government and not give anything back.”

    Jungerman says he’s not even a die-hard Republican. He voted for Claire McCaskill when she won a U.S. Senate seat in 2006.

    Read more: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire - KansasCity.com
    I actually find this guy's quote funny, because as a Harry Truman/Blue Dog Democrat myself, this is an excellent description of how we are.

    Missouri and Kansas have historically had a lot of political tensions: rural/suburban versus urban, liberal versus conservative--which date back to the Civil War. Some of the bloodiest battles in the Civil War were fought on the MIssouri/Kansas border. Looks like the baldknobbers are back at it again, burning up the trailer.

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I like this guy. My type of American.
    Seems some Lakers fans were passing by the sign with gas and matches in the car.

    .
    I'll have to agree with this gentleman.
    There is much to be done.
    That the police steal from this man is reprehensible and then the judge backs them up....this looks very bad.
    Also, he does have a right to free speech, those who try to prevent this should be fined 90% of their monetary worth and then be deported to any nation without rights that we have....North Korea????

  7. #7
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    He’s a staunch believer in personal responsibility.
    There you are right there. But the guy has a very valid point, though a prejorative way of describing it. Democrats in general support the hand outs - in some ways it's valid in others is dependency and slavery to government. This guys point is to recognize the parasites on the system and remove them. We all may need a helping hand sometime in our life but parasites on our system are unacceptable.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #8
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I like this guy. My type of American.
    Seems some Lakers fans were passing by the sign with gas and matches in the car.

    .
    Yes, the sign might be a bit over the top, but the people who set fire to it are criminals, pure and simple. And about the sign itself? It expresses what some people legitimately feel, and is an expression of the man's first amendment rights. He broke no laws in putting up that sign, yet a few people want to deprive him of his constitutional right to express his opinion. IMHO, that not only makes them criminals, but supporters of the old Soviet regime that did not like free speech either.

    At any rate, the guy was completely within his rights, and those who set fire to his sign are complete douche bags who should pay the maximum penalty the law allows, if caught.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #9
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Burning the sign is pathetic. It may be stupid and mindlessly partisan, but that doesn't excuse such unacceptable behavior.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    I think we can all agree that nobody should be burning down anybody's trailer, or any other private property, whatever may be written on it.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •