Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 107

Thread: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

  1. #41
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Care to explain this? Is this like illegals sending money home to Mexico?
    Worse. With outsourcing, it involves sums of money that make the money illegals send to Mexico to look like a small tip given to a pizza delivery guy.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #42
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Jungerman said he didnít mean to direct his sign at local Democrats. Many of those are old-fashioned Harry Truman Democrats, he said.
    Dumbass, Backpedal faster!!

    Reminds me of Natural Born Killers - when Scagnetti and McClusky are walking and talking - and Scagnetti calls people from Texas assholes - and McClusky snarks that his mother's from Texas . . . and then Scagnetti immediately backpeddles and says "well I mean those other assholes - the assholes that use to beat the **** out of me in grade school"
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  3. #43
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,482

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    He's wrong about everything, of course-- the only parasites we should be concernced about are multinational corporations siphoning this country's money like leeches-- but it's a shame some hoodlums vandalized his property.
    You mean cats like George Soros? You ready see his ass get kicked out of the country?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You mean cats like George Soros? You ready see his ass get kicked out of the country?
    That's quite a non sequitur to take from what I said. I wouldn't want to see anyone "kicked out of the country" but I'd love to see some legislation that required Soros and every other businessman to keep the jobs they create in the USA if they want to do business here.

  5. #45
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,482

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    That's quite a non sequitur to take from what I said. I wouldn't want to see anyone "kicked out of the country" but I'd love to see some legislation that required Soros and every other businessman to keep the jobs they create in the USA if they want to do business here.
    Well, he sorta was, but Obama fixed that with the drilling moratorium. Now, the jobs that were created here, by Petrobras, are going to shipped to Brazil, when those deepwater rigs make their move. Maybe Obama new that Petrobras needed some rigs and helped them out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, he sorta was, but Obama fixed that with the drilling moratorium.
    I'm not just talking about jobs created by oil, as important as those might be, all jobs that are outsourced overseas hurt the economy. Start with bringing back manufacturing jobs from China and IT jobs from India before you go into histrionics about deepwater drilling lost to Brazil.

  7. #47
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,482

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I'm not just talking about jobs created by oil, as important as those might be, all jobs that are outsourced overseas hurt the economy. Start with bringing back manufacturing jobs from China and IT jobs from India before you go into histrionics about deepwater drilling lost to Brazil.
    The only way to do that is to make the US a mor business friendly country. Lower corporate taxes and less regulation. As long as other countries under-tax and under-regulate us, we're going to lose jobs to those countries.

    The lastest killing off of oilfield jobs is only the most recent example of how government policies force jobs overseas.

    Obama wants more tax dollars? He should create a more business friendly environment. Until then, the job market in the US won't improve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    157

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    ...all jobs that are outsourced overseas hurt the economy.
    This simply isn't true. Outsourcing hurts the people who lose their jobs but benefits the consumer with lower prices. In the end, it's a net positive for the economy.

    Start with bringing back manufacturing jobs from China...
    Never going to happen. Not unless we lower taxes and relax our labor laws.

    ...and IT jobs from India...
    Again, it will never happen unless we lower taxes and relax our labor laws.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Obama wants more tax dollars? He should create a more business friendly environment. Until then, the job market in the US won't improve.
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    This simply isn't true. Outsourcing hurts the people who lose their jobs but benefits the consumer with lower prices. In the end, it's a net positive for the economy.
    These are very single-minded ways of looking at the issue. To say that outsourcing benefits consumers by providing lower prices ignores the fact that it sends jobs away from this economy. What good are lower prices without jobs? We buy the goods with our money that then goes overseas and becomes their money, slowly draining our economy. It's overall hurting our economy to lose manufacturing jobs, just look at Detroit, to claim it's a net positive is disingenuous.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Never going to happen. Not unless we lower taxes and relax our labor laws.
    OR we could enforce more stringent restriction on companies who decide to take advantage of cheap overseas labor by refusing to allow the import of overseas manufactured goods. There is more than one way to skin a cat, and instead of relaxing laws that protect workers we should force the multinationals to provide their jobs in the economy they expect to sell their goods and services to. I know it's hard for some koolaid drinking conservatives to believe but the so-called free makert is not the best decision-maker, and government can actually be a force for good if it works to protect our economy.

  10. #50
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,482

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    These are very single-minded ways of looking at the issue. To say that outsourcing benefits consumers by providing lower prices ignores the fact that it sends jobs away from this economy. What good are lower prices without jobs? We buy the goods with our money that then goes overseas and becomes their money, slowly draining our economy. It's overall hurting our economy to lose manufacturing jobs, just look at Detroit, to claim it's a net positive is disingenuous.
    I nevr said that.


    OR we could enforce more stringent restriction on companies who decide to take advantage of cheap overseas labor by refusing to allow the import of overseas manufactured goods. There is more than one way to skin a cat, and instead of relaxing laws that protect workers we should force the multinationals to provide their jobs in the economy they expect to sell their goods and services to. I know it's hard for some koolaid drinking conservatives to believe but the so-called free makert is not the best decision-maker, and government can actually be a force for good if it works to protect our economy.
    So, facism is the answer? Mmmm'kay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •