Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 107

Thread: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

  1. #21
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    718

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    [QUOTE=zimmer;1058816057]

    Did you read the article?
    I'd wager you didn't..
    And you would lose.

    Some idiot puts out his hate-filled reactionary patisan philosophy in giant letters, in the form of a deliberate insult, to many millions of people in full public view of literally thousands of people and got a very negative response for dong so. That's what sometimes happens when you do stupid stuff.

  2. #22
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    His words are a little strong, but he has the freedom to say them and display it on his property. I would say many Democrats support a parasitic budget plan where the government feeds off of our money and money that we don't have. However, Republicans haven't been as fiscally conservative as they would have us believe. Far nastier things are said about the Republican party.
    "Parasitic budget plan" is simple rhetoric. No, democrats do not support that, but many republicans and libertarians will try and paint things as such. It's the politics of namecalling, and it is sad.

    The guy was perfectly well within his rights to express his stupid views as he did. Whoever torched it was not within their rights, and is a criminal who will hopefully be found and prosecuted.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #23
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You mean The Rich Hill volunteer fire department? Volunteer fire departments are subsidized and gather funds from the community. And I'm not sure he wouldn't have let it burn as the story doesn't identify HE called the fire department - just that the VOLUNTEER fire department responded.
    Stop that. If you start using logic and start dealing in reality then people who can't actually argue anything can't use over the top hyperbolic stereotypes such as suggesting that conservatives are anarchists and that if you dislike excessive federal government bloating and redistribution programs you must obviously believe that every portion of government and its purposes must cease to exist entirely.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    [QUOTE=The Uncola;1058816125]
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post

    And you would lose.

    Some idiot puts out his hate-filled reactionary patisan philosophy in giant letters, in the form of a deliberate insult, to many millions of people in full public view of literally thousands of people and got a very negative response for dong so. That's what sometimes happens when you do stupid stuff.

    "Hate-filled reactionary partisan philosophy"? I bet you're a fan of hate crimes legislation, aren't you? And hate = views that criticize your own.

  5. #25
    User Goyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Classified. I don't want the Alien Task Force to find me.
    Last Seen
    10-10-10 @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    142

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Not to mention those undocumented immigrants you speak so contemptuously of . . .
    Correction - Illegal immigrants. Denying their illegal status doesn't make it go away.

    We now return to our regular programming.
    The height of wisdom is to say, "I do not know." -Socrates

  6. #26
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Stop that. If you start using logic and start dealing in reality then people who can't actually argue anything can't use over the top hyperbolic stereotypes such as suggesting that conservatives are anarchists and that if you dislike excessive federal government bloating and redistribution programs you must obviously believe that every portion of government and its purposes must cease to exist entirely.
    Ah, I see where you go wrong. It's not "anarchists", it is "antichrists". Conservatives are antichrists. Who knew there would be some many antichrists.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    They are legion


  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    157

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    More like corporations outsourcing manufacturing jobs to India and China, which helps their bottom line at the expense of the American economy.
    The added cost of American labor would be passed onto consumers. I doubt you or anyone else is willing to pay a big premium for American-made merchandise.

    $1,000 PS3 or $50 T-shirts anyone?

    So yes, it's sort of like sending money to Mexico, only on an exponentially greater scale. Not to mention those undocumented immigrants you speak so contemptuously of are contributing more to our economy than they are taking away.
    I don't have a big problem with immigrants that work and mind their own business, but I don't have a problem with profitable companies delivering a product or service at a good price either.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    157

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Frankly I don't care what Adam Smith would say because I don't blindly follow irrelevant dogmas established 300 years ago.
    You think the father of modern economics is irrelevant? And what's "dogmatic" about his economic theories and philosophies? Have you even read any of his works?

    Modern global economics would have boggled Smith's mind.
    I very much doubt that, as the man was an intellectual giant, a true genius, but I'd love to see an example of something about "global economics" that would've boggled Smith's mind. Please, give me an example.

    A more relevant question might be what would John Maynard Keynes have to say?
    Adam Smith's economic theories and observations are "irrelevant dogma" while Keynes is an economic mastermind? Because you say so, right?

    Better those companies fail than send their jobs to competing economies. They might have the right to outsource, but we as Americans also have the right to protect our economy.
    Populism and protectionism are surefire ways to kill an economy. They've never once worked for anyone, ever, yet you still advocate them and refer to free-market economics as "irrelevant dogma". I don't know how anyone could take you seriously.

  10. #30
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:26 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,482
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    [QUOTE][QUOTE=The Uncola;1058816125]
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post

    And you would lose.
    Well, that says a lot.

    Some idiot puts out his hate-filled reactionary patisan philosophy in giant letters, in the form of a deliberate insult, to many millions of people in full public view of literally thousands of people and got a very negative response for dong so. That's what sometimes happens when you do stupid stuff.
    Hate filled?
    What? A point of view isn't permitted?
    Politic discourse?
    You know thousand had a negative view?
    If so, are we not allowed to confront people with the political choices they make?
    What about the people that find it refreshing and funny?
    Can we not have a laugh and enjoy the fact it might get some people thinking about what it means?
    Do you believe in the 1st Amendment? You do know it was to preserve political discourse?

    I thought leftists were tolerant?
    Obviously questioning the course of the country has to be left to the NY Times, WaPO, TIME, Newsweek, CNN, MSNBC, The Old Three, and the Libs they support.
    I guess the following only applies to the left.

    We're sorry. We'll crawl back under our rocks.


    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •