Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 107

Thread: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

  1. #91
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    488

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    What I'm suggesting is that the continuing viability of the American economy outweighs the continuing viability of multinational corporate robber-barons.

    And when these "robber barrons" simply shrug, or move all aspects of production off shore, will the American economy remain viable?

  2. #92
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    I agree with your intention I disagree with your suggested means to that end.

    All we need to do is NOT bail these companies out/.... if they collapse under their own weight, no ammount of cash injections can save it. Especially when it's companies dealing in the 100's of trillions of dollars of derivatives that are not worth the paper they're not printed on.

    Also, shame on organizations like the SEC who should all be investigated at this point, for NOT enforcing the laws properly or equally... they should be criminally charged for negligence. The evidence to be gathered while investigation the big robber-barons / monopoly men crooks.
    I totally agree with your their. The bail-outs were a disgrace and it's precisely that sort of thing that precludes the existence of a truly free market. You nailed it when your called it crony capitalism.

    But I still must vehemently disagree with your asserting that either Obama and I am somehow advocating fascism. Fascism is an evil ideology of racism, eugenics and ultranationalism, which neither Obama nor myself have ever advocated. I am certainly espousing a statist ideology, but I do not subscribe to the notion that statism and fascism are one and the same. Moreover, my own ideas regarding multinational corporations are decidedly left-wing, whereas fascist economic ideologies are decidedly right-wing. My ideas are certainly statist, and you might even consider them tyrannical, but this is not fascism, nor is it marxism for that matter. It is a left-wing economic pragmatism.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 06-23-10 at 01:35 AM.

  3. #93
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by webrockk View Post
    And when these "robber barrons" simply shrug, or move all aspects of production off shore, will the American economy remain viable?
    Well they've already moved all aspects of production overseas, haven't they? What I'm saying is that when they do that they should be denied access to the American market. Make production in America was a requirement for access to the American market, and watch how fast those corporations move they production-- and the jobs they create-- back to this economy.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    So you criticize those who call Obama a Marxist while acknowledging that you made remarks that were equally foolish when Bush was in office?
    Did you miss the part where I said, "Say whatever you like about Obama?" The only thing I'm criticizing is an inadequate understanding of the terms "marxism" and "fascism" that betray an ignorance (or in the case of BmanMcFly a very unusual interpretation) of political theory. I don't care what people say about Obama, even if they are wrong. I do care what they say about me, because I am neither a fascist nor a marxist and those terms have highly offensive implications. Sure, you're within your rights to call me a "marxist" or a "fascist," [and though I may not agree with what you say I will defend to the death your right to say it] just don't get your panties all in a wad when I call you out on your ignorance.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 06-23-10 at 02:01 AM.

  5. #95
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    To repeat, I said your beliefs are closer to fascism than mine. Not that your ideas are identical to fascism, just near to it.
    Would it be fair for me to say that your views are "much closer to Marxism"? Or would you consider that to be baseless namecalling?

    Did you miss the part where I said, "Say whatever you like about Obama?" The only thing I'm criticizing in an inadequate understanding of the terms "marxism" and "fascism" that betray an ignorance (or in the case of BmanMcFly a very unusual interpretation) of political theory.
    And you demonstrated that same level of ignorance when you said Bush was a fascist.
    Last edited by RightinNYC; 06-23-10 at 01:48 AM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Would it be fair for me to say that your views are "much closer to Marxism"? Or would you consider that to be baseless namecalling?
    No, that's a fair characterization.

    But I feel I must point out that, while I am "closer to Marxism" than fascism, I am still much closer to the center than anything else.

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    And you demonstrated that same level of ignorance when you said Bush was a fascist.
    I certainly did, but this is an American citizen's prerogative when speaking about presidents, particularly since I was in college for the early Bush years. Ah, the folly of youth.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 06-23-10 at 02:02 AM.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    But I still must vehemently disagree with your asserting that either Obama and I am somehow advocating fascism. Fascism is an evil ideology of racism, eugenics and ultranationalism, which neither Obama nor myself have ever advocated. I am certainly espousing a statist ideology, but I do not subscribe to the notion that statism and fascism are one and the same. Moreover, my own ideas regarding multinational corporations are decidedly left-wing, whereas fascist economic ideologies are decidedly right-wing. My ideas are certainly statist, and you might even consider them tyrannical, but this is not fascism, nor is it marxism for that matter. It is a left-wing economic pragmatism.
    Whatever the word is, when you start mixing government with corporate the result is fascism.

    I don't think Obama would EVER admit to being a fascist, but his actions are defining this for him at the moment. You better recognize it for what it is.... republican / democrat is a lie... they are both the left and right wing of the 'big government' party. Through the system of free-market capitalism, a system of cronyism has taken place that's gone unchecked for so long, that now the 'solution' is to have government take control over corporate interests. This takeover IS fascism.

    Bottom line is that I will heartily oppose all measures that conflict with the bill of rights and constitution. However, if there is an end to those protections, then the people will quickly learn WHY those measures were put in place to start.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Whatever the word is, when you start mixing government with corporate the result is fascism.

    I don't think Obama would EVER admit to being a fascist, but his actions are defining this for him at the moment.
    I will grant you that Obama's bailouts and his nationalization of car companies contains elements of fascism, but this is where Obama and I diverge in our beliefs. I'm with you on this McFly, and I feel that those companies should have just been allowed to fail.

  9. #99
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    488

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Well they've already moved all aspects of production overseas, haven't they? What I'm saying is that when they do that they should be denied access to the American market. Make production in America was a requirement for access to the American market, and watch how fast those corporations move they production-- and the jobs they create-- back to this economy.
    They won't come back if Americans can't afford their product. If noone can afford their product, no jobs will be created, tax revenue will steeply decline, and scads of investment capital will go overseas. Look, the globalism geanie is out of the bottle...isolationism can only work if HUGE tarrifs are placed on everything we import.....with the amount of money we've borrowed from China and Japan to keep this little American experiment afloat, wouldn't you think punitive tarrifs might result in a margin call at best, global calamity and war at worst?

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    157

    Re: Missouri man's incendiary sign on U.S. 71 draws fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Look, alms, it's not that I can't rebut your arguments, I've done it several times over the course of the thread. But when you keep responding with the same arguments I've just rebutted, you can see how it might get tiresome. I'm not going round and round with you on the same subject again. Have a nice day.
    Keep telling yourself that you've rebutted me. Maybe one day it will come true...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •