Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 344

Thread: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

  1. #81
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Very hard to take you seriously when you make such false statements as this.
    False? How does that prove I lied? The graph shows during Reagan's time that deicit spending tended to match the rise in military spending. Military spending went up as did deficit spending. Do you not know how to read graphs?

    Look at the preceding years. Wow. Try again Mr V.

    Furthermore, here's the site:
    Military Spending: How Much is Enough?

    Let's see what they write under the graph:

    After Vietnam, during the Nixon and Ford administrations, military spending decreased by nearly a third from its peak during the war. A modest increase during the Carter administration was then followed by a huge increase in military spending during the Reagan and Bush I administrations that was not justified by any external threat. Along with huge tax cuts based on crank supply-side economic theory, the big military buildup produced by far the biggest budget deficits since WW II. As the chart below shows, Reagan/Bush basically borrowed 100% (and more) of the money that was being spent on troops and armaments. (Deficits shown are "unified" budget amounts plus the amount borrowed from trust funds, taken from published government sources, as adjusted by the Senate Budget Committee). Note that negative deficit values, as plotted, are actually surpluses.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 06-20-10 at 07:43 PM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #82
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Very hard to take you seriously when you make such false statements as this.



    Hardly "Blowing the bank". And if you check teh Domestic Spending, which was forced by the Democrat Party which was in power in the House/Senate... well, there you go. For an expert, you sure are prone to lying.
    Hey look, military spending and the deficit raise significantly under Reagan, by the very chart you post. The democratic congress passed budget's very close to what Reagan proposed(within 5 %, and 1 year less than Reagan proposed).
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #83
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hey look, military spending and the deficit raise significantly under Reagan, by the very chart you post. The democratic congress passed budget's very close to what Reagan proposed(within 5 %, and 1 year less than Reagan proposed).
    Which apparently means I lied when I said Reagan blew the bank on military spending. I guess posting a chart which shows military spending skyrocketing and then associated deficit spending increasing actually means Reagan didn't spend huge amounts on the military. Huh.

    This place is a loony bin.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #84
    User Goyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Classified. I don't want the Alien Task Force to find me.
    Last Seen
    10-10-10 @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    142

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Unemployed people would benefit from the creation of jobs in the private sector.

    What are Republican government officials doing to promote the creation of private-sector jobs?

    What are Democrat government officials doing to promote the creation of private-sector jobs?

    What is President Obama doing to promote the creation of private-sector jobs?
    The height of wisdom is to say, "I do not know." -Socrates

  5. #85
    User Goyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Classified. I don't want the Alien Task Force to find me.
    Last Seen
    10-10-10 @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    142

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    This place is a loony bin.
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

    The height of wisdom is to say, "I do not know." -Socrates

  6. #86
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hey look, military spending and the deficit raise significantly under Reagan, by the very chart you post. The democratic congress passed budget's very close to what Reagan proposed(within 5 %, and 1 year less than Reagan proposed).
    Sigh.

    More dishonesty, from the revisionist. Not that I expected honesty from either of you.


    To get the Defense Spending, that Reagan needed to defeat the Soviet Union, meant playing politics and giving the Dems what THEY wanted too. But let's not FACTS interfere with your spin.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #87
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by Goyboy View Post
    Unemployed people would benefit from the creation of jobs in the private sector.

    What are Republican government officials doing to promote the creation of private-sector jobs?

    What are Democrat government officials doing to promote the creation of private-sector jobs?

    What is President Obama doing to promote the creation of private-sector jobs?
    The same stuff Reagan and Bush did. It's not surprising it's failing. Reagan and Bush did not have financial crisises. True, Black Monday was during Reagan's time, but that bounced back without any intervention and no one frankly knows why to this day it even occured. Historically, financial crisies are hard to fix and hard to recover from. How do you create jobs when the underpining of society, leverage, is still very questionable? One way and I disagree with is government direct financing. But that just sets you up for bigger problems.

    All of those who are clamoring for fixes first need to think about why this recession is different.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #88
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Sigh.

    More dishonesty, from the revisionist. Not that I expected honesty from either of you.
    Dude. Your own graph disproves your argument that I lied.

    To get the Defense Spending, that Reagan needed to defeat the Soviet Union, meant playing politics and giving the Dems what THEY wanted too. But let's not FACTS interfere with your spin.
    Okay...and that disproves my argument that Reagan blew the bank spending on military how?

    You know, you coud just man up and admit you were wrong....but that's not going to happen.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #89
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Sigh.

    More dishonesty, from the revisionist. Not that I expected honesty from either of you.


    To get the Defense Spending, that Reagan needed to defeat the Soviet Union, meant playing politics and giving the Dems what THEY wanted too. But let's not FACTS interfere with your spin.
    Dishonesty? I used the chart you provided...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Dishonesty? I used the chart you provided...
    No, you took without context information and created a fantasy. I guess people like OC would fall for it, but that's about it.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •