Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 344

Thread: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

  1. #61
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    From an overall standpoint, though, Reagan's concept of "trickle down" economics is absurd. It does not take into account the psychology of human greed. If you help those on top, the assumption that they will help those beneath them is ridiculous. They will just keep more for themselves. From my recollection, we say a huge widening of upper and other classes, economically, during the Reagan years. I had a lot of respect for some of Reagan's policies... his foreign policies, especially, but he really missed the boat, economically.
    Oh granted. Trickle down was no a good policy.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #62
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,696

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Not really. The problem is the recession was financial/liquidity based.

    As history shows, there are no good responses that work. I've asked the hacks here to come up with plans, but they don't seem to understand the difference between a regular recession and one that started in the financial sector.

    If we look at actual data (shocking I know), historically financial based recessions take significently longer to heal independent of who is in office.
    I was speaking more in general, not solely about economics.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #63
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Oh granted. Trickle down was no a good policy.
    I'm going to have disagree with that. As Reagan showed, corporate trickle down works. And as Bush showed, bonus depreciation caused a glut of corporate spending. When Reagan blew the bank on military spending, defense contractors geared up production, hiring new workers and increasing demand on suppliers. I don't need to explain the rest to you as I'm 100% you get it.

    But individual trickle down doesn't work because it ignores the marginal propensity to save/consume.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #64
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Your faulty assumption is there are jobs.
    If that were the case, Obama wouldn't have had to spend a trillion+ dollars to create jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #65
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If that were the case, Obama wouldn't have had to spend a trillion+ dollars to create jobs.
    Is reading fundamental? Did I say there were jobs?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #66
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Is reading fundamental? Did I say there were jobs?
    It sounded like you said there were jobs. Maybe you should focus on learning how to write in a manner that accurately conveys your point? Bring on more personal attacks, 'cuz I know it's all you really have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #67
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It sounded like you said there were jobs. Maybe you should focus on learning how to write in a manner that accurately conveys your point? Bring on more personal attacks, 'cuz I know it's all you really have.
    No it didn't. How was I pointing out that his faulty assumption underlying his argument is that there are jobs equates to me thinking there jobs? Did you fail to recognize the word "FAULTY?"

    Seriously, comprehension of the written English language eludes you.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #68
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Gotta love political grandstanding with things like unemployment benefits in a time with close to 10 % unemployment. What makes it hilarious is these same republicans who voted against this because of the debt had no problem squandering the near balanced budget Clinton left them.
    subsidizing people staying unemployed means more people will stay unemployed.



  9. #69
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Oh granted. Trickle down was no a good policy.
    it certainly beats the government stealing wealth and doling it out to dem elites



  10. #70
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    No it didn't. How was I pointing out that his faulty assumption underlying his argument is that there are jobs equates to me thinking there jobs? Did you fail to recognize the word "FAULTY?"

    Seriously, comprehension of the written English language eludes you.
    Learn to express yourself properly and you won't have to worry about my opinion of your posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •