Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 344

Thread: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

  1. #161
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Notice that your profile claims to be a Libertarian an ideology that yo udo not understand thus I posted the platform. Notice the personal responsibilty plank in there? Didn't think so.
    Libertarians are sometimes very socially liberal. Just because someone has issues with policies being implemented in the wrong time/place doesn't mean they aren't said ideology. ei "mostly libertarian" Why do you bother anyhow many conservatives are not libertarians and so on why nit pick? It isn't as though libertarians have a lot to brag about lately.

  2. #162
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    If you are 40 you were 20-28 during the Reagan years and because Forbes put out an article that you buy you ignore all the others that define the Reagan economy. Suggest that you do a better job of research. I never did better personally than I did during the Reagan years because Reagan understood the role of the govt, provide incentive and then get out of the way. By the way I am 63. If your father was truly a conservative politician then your father understood the conservative philosophy and thus shuns any comparison between what Obama is doing and what Reagan did. The results are there for all to see, bea.gov, Reagan doubled GDP growth, promoted the creation of over 20 million jobs, doubled govt. revenue, and created an atmosphere for all workers to grow their own individual wealth.

  3. #163
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Golden Boy, I suggest learning to read, under employment will improve with a strong growing private sector, something Obama has yet to do.
    Obama does not control the private sector.

    As for the anecdotes, they mean everything, showing that I did exactly what you say cannot be done. I made myself valuable and survived many recessions during my 35 year business career. I never considered my pay as a guarantee for life thus I worked hard to keep it and did, growing pay each year over those 35 years, including recession years, something apparently you do not understand.
    Using it as an argument is a fallacy, and quite a lazy one i might add.

    Notice that your profile claims to be a Libertarian an ideology that yo udo not understand thus I posted the platform. Notice the personal responsibility plank in there? Didn't think so.
    I notice you constantly resort to arguing about your opposition, and not their points.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #164
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Libertarianism has been bastardized; thats all im gonna say.
    I agree but go one step further with it. I think libertarianism is more appropriate sometimes then others. I don't see these days a good time to move towards individualism/anarchy.

  5. #165
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Obama policies affect the private sector and you know it. Why would any business hire new employees not understanding the cost of healthcare or the propsed cap and trade, possibility of a VAT tax, etc? Why would anyone invest in growing their business with this Administration in power?

    LOL, so using anecdotes is a fallacy? Why because you cannot refute them and the logic presented?

    Your argument flies in the face of your profile and that is the point and destroys your position on the issues. You cannot even admit that you are a liberal not a libertarian.

  6. #166
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Golden Boy, define Libertarian for us then

    I posted the platform which you ignore. What part of that platform do you believe has been bastardized?

  7. #167
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If you are 40 you were 20-28 during the Reagan years and because Forbes put out an article that you buy you ignore all the others that define the Reagan economy. Suggest that you do a better job of research. I never did better personally than I did during the Reagan years because Reagan understood the role of the govt, provide incentive and then get out of the way. By the way I am 63. If your father was truly a conservative politician then your father understood the conservative philosophy and thus shuns any comparison between what Obama is doing and what Reagan did. The results are there for all to see, bea.gov, Reagan doubled GDP growth, promoted the creation of over 20 million jobs, doubled govt. revenue, and created an atmosphere for all workers to grow their own individual wealth.

    conservative is not libertarian. I expect I'm more familiar with the philosophical aspects and roots on these things then you may understand. These are not tantamount with one another however since the 1990's libertarianism has really started taking hold of the GOP and has fingers in the democratic party as well.

  8. #168
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Obviously you believe someone 40 with probably 15 years of experience is more knowledgeable than someone 63 who worked 35 years in the business world. The Libertarian views are closer to the Conservative point of view than they are to the liberal point of view. Today's Democrat Party is a disaster due to the fact it is being run by the left wing advocates who believe in redistribution of wealth and entitlements. There is nothing in the libertarian platform that supports what is going on right now in the Democrat Party and with this Administration.

  9. #169
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obviously you believe someone 40 with probably 15 years of experience is more knowledgeable than someone 63 who worked 35 years in the business world. The Libertarian views are closer to the Conservative point of view than they are to the liberal point of view. Today's Democrat Party is a disaster due to the fact it is being run by the left wing advocates who believe in redistribution of wealth and entitlements. There is nothing in the libertarian platform that supports what is going on right now in the Democrat Party and with this Administration.
    Libertarians don't like big government, taxation etc.. but that doesn't mean centrist cannot implement libertarian policies. The thing is there is nothing to brag about in terms of libertarian policy as of late. You can be collectivist and realise that some individualistic policies are appropriate.. but you should realise/admit you can be individualistic and realise that collective measures have positive benefits as well.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama says GOP making life harder for the jobless

    It all boils down the vision as to the role of the Govt. and no Libertarian can support what Obama is doing. No Libertarian can support providing indefinite unemployment payments. There is nothing in the Constitution that promotes individualistic policies other than promote the general welfare and govt. does that by creating incentive for individual wealth creation, i.e. tax rate cuts. That puts more money into the hands of the individual taxpayer and that promotes job creation.

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •