Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: U.S. military criticized for purchase of Russian copters for Afghan air corps

  1. #21
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    12-21-17 @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,541

    Re: U.S. military criticized for purchase of Russian copters for Afghan air corps

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    .... 678$ million wouldn't create any jobs.
    Yes, it would. Directly or indirectly
    We'd simply sell them the **** we don't use.
    That didn't happen. Apparently, no effort was made to put food on American workers tables as much as possible by buying American

  2. #22
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:51 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,641
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: U.S. military criticized for purchase of Russian copters for Afghan air corps

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Yes, it would. Directly or indirectly


    That didn't happen. Apparently, no effort was made to put food on American workers tables as much as possible by buying American
    So you approve of the government spending money to stimulate the economy?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  3. #23
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: U.S. military criticized for purchase of Russian copters for Afghan air corps

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you approve of the government spending money to stimulate the economy?
    Do you think that these people realize that they are holding contridictory positions? Maybe when we attach the word "MILITARY" their brains stop fuctioning? Similar to how we add "OIL" and suddenly supply and demand doesn't apply?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #24
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    12-21-17 @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,541

    Re: U.S. military criticized for purchase of Russian copters for Afghan air corps

    Lets fix that

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you approve of the government spending money to stimulate the economy in Russia.?
    Nope

  5. #25
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:51 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,641
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: U.S. military criticized for purchase of Russian copters for Afghan air corps

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Do you think that these people realize that they are holding contridictory positions? Maybe when we attach the word "MILITARY" their brains stop fuctioning? Similar to how we add "OIL" and suddenly supply and demand doesn't apply?
    They did with Reagan. "Reagan cut taxes and cut spending", completely forgetting that the military is spending...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  6. #26
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: U.S. military criticized for purchase of Russian copters for Afghan air corps

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    They did with Reagan. "Reagan cut taxes and cut spending", completely forgetting that the military is spending...
    And they also forget that actual domestic spending for non-military didn't significently change. I saw this one site which did per capita non-military domestic spending and Carter was actually lower then Reagan. That's HILARIOUS.

    IMO, the only reason Reagan is so liked is because of his persona. Well that and his timing at the end of the Cold War.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #27
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,007

    Re: U.S. military criticized for purchase of Russian copters for Afghan air corps

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    And they also forget that actual domestic spending for non-military didn't significently change. I saw this one site which did per capita non-military domestic spending and Carter was actually lower then Reagan. That's HILARIOUS.

    IMO, the only reason Reagan is so liked is because of his persona. Well that and his timing at the end of the Cold War.
    And, even more of the, "anything Republican/Right Wing/Conservative is cocked up", number. Who was it complaining yesterday about Obama bashing? Was that you, or someone else? 'Twas you, wasn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  8. #28
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,007

    Re: U.S. military criticized for purchase of Russian copters for Afghan air corps

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you approve of the government spending money to stimulate the economy?
    I approv of the government spending money on the military and agree that it helps th economy. However, the money has to come from the private sector to do so; a place that the government can't spend money to stimulate.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  9. #29
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: U.S. military criticized for purchase of Russian copters for Afghan air corps

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, even more of the, "anything Republican/Right Wing/Conservative is cocked up", number.
    I hardly consider someone who flooded an already inflationary market with more money to be Conservative. Conservatives are suppose to protect savings and fight inflation. Not boost it to new highs. Oh wait. I forgot, you don't know what inflation is.

    Who was it complaining yesterday about Obama bashing? Was that you, or someone else? 'Twas you, wasn't it?
    Incorrect. I was complaining about double standards. And you ignored how I blamed Clinton and Gringrich for the current mess because it's easier for you to sustain your ideology then actually address what people said.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #30
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 10:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: U.S. military criticized for purchase of Russian copters for Afghan air corps

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I approv of the government spending money on the military and agree that it helps th economy. However, the money has to come from the private sector to do so; a place that the government can't spend money to stimulate.
    Okay, I think I asked you this before and you ran as fast you could,

    But....how did Lockheed Martin, for former McDonnell Douglas and Raytheon to name a few got so big? after all, you say that goverment cannot spend money to stimulate them, so how they get so big? Furthermore, how did agricultural giants like ADM get so big without massive corporate welfare?

    (hint: it's time for you to leave the thread)
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •