Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: N. Korea lifts restrictions on private markets as last resort in food crisis

  1. #11
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-13 @ 08:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,932

    Re: N. Korea lifts restrictions on private markets as last resort in food crisis

    If his father wouldn't be the head of state, he would be turning his grave.

  2. #12
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: N. Korea lifts restrictions on private markets as last resort in food crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by joergan View Post
    We can only pray that the US elects a real president, who will blockade N Korea until the regime collapses.
    Yea because the Cuban embargo has worked sooooo well. Oh and sanctions only hurt the people not the regime

    Sanctions Against Iran by Ron Paul
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  3. #13
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: N. Korea lifts restrictions on private markets as last resort in food crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    What separates us from the monkeys is that when we do something and it does not work, we re-think and try something new. . . Monkeys will keep on doing things the old way.
    Actually I think even monkeys would have figured it out by now...
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: N. Korea lifts restrictions on private markets as last resort in food crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Actually I think even monkeys would have figured it out by now...
    Figured what out, oh wise one on the NK situation?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    04-03-17 @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    241

    Re: N. Korea lifts restrictions on private markets as last resort in food crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Yea because the Cuban embargo has worked sooooo well.
    Worked so well at what? Castro is isolated, the best and brightest run from Cuba, the country is contained, has no allies, not sure what the issue is there. Should the US invade Cuba, is that your alternative?

    Oh and sanctions only hurt the people not the regime
    Is that a slogan you neglected to include in your signature?
    Last edited by joergan; 06-20-10 at 12:15 AM.

  6. #16
    Student Civil1z@tion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    12-10-10 @ 02:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    247

    Re: N. Korea lifts restrictions on private markets as last resort in food crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by joergan View Post
    Worked so well at what? Castro is isolated, the best and brightest run from Cuba, the country is contained, has no allies, not sure what the issue is there. Should the US invade Cuba, is that your alternative?
    That's the situation NK is in. So sanctions worked well up to that point. But for the purposes of toppling a regime they are basically useless.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: N. Korea lifts restrictions on private markets as last resort in food crisis

    For all those complaining about sanctions... got any better ideas??
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #18
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: N. Korea lifts restrictions on private markets as last resort in food crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    For all those complaining about sanctions... got any better ideas??
    Indeed this is the case. Unless you're willing to march in there and take over the country, nothing is going to work, you will not break this government unless every single scrap of food is disallowed from entering the country, even then, the people are so tightly controlled and have no freedom of mobility or assembly, I suspect they just wouldn't know what to do, and they've been through hard times before and not revolted.

    In the end, they are the most heavily controlled, repressed and misinformed (not by choice) population in the world... if you're counting on regular North Koreans to rise up, it's not gonna happen.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    04-03-17 @ 12:34 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    241

    Re: N. Korea lifts restrictions on private markets as last resort in food crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Indeed this is the case. Unless you're willing to march in there and take over the country, nothing is going to work, you will not break this government unless every single scrap of food is disallowed from entering the country, even then, the people are so tightly controlled and have no freedom of mobility or assembly, I suspect they just wouldn't know what to do, and they've been through hard times before and not revolted.

    In the end, they are the most heavily controlled, repressed and misinformed (not by choice) population in the world... if you're counting on regular North Koreans to rise up, it's not gonna happen.
    This would put them in a similar situation to the iranians. Since we agree that the civilian population would be unable to overthrow the criminal dictatorship, that would leave only 2 options:

    1-total blockade until the regime collapses
    2-war to liquidate the leadership and its military protective infrastructure

  10. #20
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: N. Korea lifts restrictions on private markets as last resort in food crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by joergan View Post
    This would put them in a similar situation to the iranians. Since we agree that the civilian population would be unable to overthrow the criminal dictatorship, that would leave only 2 options:

    1-total blockade until the regime collapses
    2-war to liquidate the leadership and its military protective infrastructure
    Option 1 would lead to the starvation of most of the population. The militay hordes any and all resources necessary to survive, and the civilian population is left to die as it is. If you strangle them, the weak die first.

    Option 2 leads to mass casualties in Seoul as the North Korean artillery lays waste to the city. Not to mention the extremely large number of ground troops NK has.

    Option 3: Status Quo.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •