Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 609

Thread: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overturn

  1. #21
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpicvic View Post
    Fify All I can say is that evolution sure failed you, so it's ironic that you (incorrectly) claim it as supporting your moronic "moral" beliefs.
    Since you're now resorting to name-calling, should I assume you've conceded the point? Or do you have something relevant to say?

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    Homosexuality is not considered a paraphilia by scientists anymore. Fail.

  3. #23
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    Pedophilia was also accepted. Game, set and match.
    No sorry. Greeks accepted homosexuality and guess what they didn't explode from it. Why do it matter to you if two men or two women get married. They aren't forcing it down your throat, they just want to live together happily.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    Pedophilia was also accepted.
    No it wasn't. Sex with young teenages was accepted in most older cultures (even up to the early 1900s), because "old enough to bleed" was considered suitable for sex. But that's not pedophlia by true definition.

    Pedophlilia by true definition is sex with prepubescent kids - and has never been considered normal. That's the worst analogy ever.

    Game, set and match.
    You can play me again and I'll go easier on you next time just to give you a chance, don't worry.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    Two things. One, what the law calls it is irrelevant. You can't equate legality with morality. They are not the same.
    I agree that legality and morality are not the same. Legality defines how we interact with each other within a society. Morality is your own personal business and should be kept to yourself and out of public policy.

    Two, don't attempt to define my world. Your opinion is just that, an opinion. On my side, several hundred million years of evolution. I can be tolerant, but I don't need sexual perversity shoved down my throat.
    And your opinion is just that, an opinion. Evolution has nothing to do with your argument as this isn't an argument about procreation or the passing on of genetic material. It is an argument about how the law should equally apply to everyone.

    As far as what's being shoved down your throat...well, you wandered into a thread about something you claim to find perverse, you willingly participate in said thread where the topic is about something you claim to find perverse, and then you bitch and moan that it's being forced on you when we all know there's this little X in the top corner of the window that you can hit at any time to make it all go away and no one in this thread would care to stop you from doing so...

    So yeah, forgive me if I point and laugh at your double entendre about something being shoved down your throat. It's laughable when you people pull that.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    Pedophilia was also accepted. Game, set and match.
    Actually, pedophilia was not accepted by the greeks. Pederasty was accepted by the Greeks and even then it was only during a short period of their history.

    And no one here has even entertained thoughts of pedophilia except, well, you at this point. What does that say?

  7. #27
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpicvic View Post
    Homosexuality is not considered a paraphilia by scientists anymore. Fail.
    Like I said, I can sit here and list sexual aberrations all day. None of which would lead me to rewrite the dictionary to change the definition of marriage. What the Greeks did thousands of years ago is less relevant. However,

    Pedophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The word comes from the Greek: παιδοφιλία (paidophilia): παῖς (pais), "child" and φιλία (philia), "friendship". Paidophilia was coined by Greek poets either as a substitute for "paiderastia" (pederasty),[22] or vice versa.
    You really don't want to go there with me. And besides, I'm off to work.

  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,985

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpicvic View Post
    Yeah they do
    No they don't
    We're a democratic republic, not a democracy - the way our Founders wanted it.
    The founders instituted democratic elections with state's rights. California voted on gay marriage and it was shot down. If there is anything illegal in the bill they should have dealt with it before the election. It was nothing but a shot at legalizing it through the voters, and when that didn't work they had to take plan B and legislate from the bench.
    That's a right they shouldn't have had, since this does not affect the people as a whole. Therefore I'm all for the Supreme court overturning it. I don't believe in referendum unless the law directly affects the voters.
    It affects everyone living in the state of California. This does affect the voters because it essentially means that their votes and opinions mean absolutely nothing. The voted to prevent gay marriage, reversing this absolutely affects the voters and strips them of their right to vote on this issue.
    How dare the religious morons vote against something just because they don't like it.
    And how dare the secular/socially liberal world impose their morals upon us and say "deal with it." Who is imposing morals upon others in this case? Through a democratic process California voted on gay marriage, the majority voted to prevent it. Reversing this decision is imposing secular morals upon an entire state of people who democratically voted to prevent gay marriage. This is a prime example of imposing morals upon others and ignoring the democratic process.
    If it's not overturned, it's a discrace to this country and a defeat of individual liberty. Go ahead and overturn it, and show these Christo-fascist who impose fascim descretely by legal means that the American people have had enough of there elitist, unpatriotic bullcrap.
    If this is overturned it's a disgrace to this country and a defeat of individual liberty. It's a disgrace to the country because it means democracy was defeating and an imposing group has legislated their morals from the bench. It's a defeat of individual liberty because it means individuals have no voting rights when it comes to social issues. It means that even though individuals voted and the majority voted in favor of preventing gay marriage, that their votes don't matter. It strips an individual of their voting rights and essentially says "your opinion doesn't matter because it's not what we want."
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  9. #29
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Actually, pedophilia was not accepted by the greeks. Pederasty was accepted by the Greeks and even then it was only during a short period of their history.

    And no one here has even entertained thoughts of pedophilia except, well, you at this point. What does that say?
    I dunno. Give me a hint. That pedophilia is okay because homosexuality is okay? Yeah, those Greeks really knew a thing or two.

  10. #30
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    Two things. One, what the law calls it is irrelevant. You can't equate legality with morality. They are not the same. Two, don't attempt to define my world. Your opinion is just that, an opinion. On my side, several hundred million years of evolution. I can be tolerant, but I don't need sexual perversity shoved down my throat.
    This case is about what the law calls it, so it is very relevant to the discussion.

    I am not attempting to define your anything. I am simply pointing out that what you call it is irrelevant to the big picture, which is the law. You show a lack of understanding of evolution, as homosexuality can be accounted for by evolution.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •